Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Thief: The movie: The game

No, seriously. 

Thief is an action epic poised to be the next great multi-platform franchise.

Originally released in 1998 by Eidos Interactive (Deus Ex) and distributed by Square Enix (Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy), the Thief series has spanned over fifteen years and four sequels continually retaining loyal audiences and attracting new fans with each iteration. Widely considered to be one of the greatest games ever created, a fifth sequel is currently in development to be released in step with this motion picture adaptation.

Steeped in the steam-punk world created by the video game, the film will tell a new chapter in the storied world of the series’ hero.

http://www.straightupfilms.com/film/thief/

Actually, there's technically only two Thief sequels and one reboot iteration. But hey, go right on ahead with continuing to soil the legacy of what is in my mind the greatest video game trilogy of all time.

coming soon straight to video...this will suck, especially if they are using anything from the forth game

I know nothing about the Thief series other than medieval thief and even that might be incorrect. I can't imagine this working or getting famous on any level especially with such a generic name and less mainstream of a game. Prove me wrong.

So somewhere there's a screenwriter, a director and a production company out there that said... Thief... what's that? Why do we have to pay extra for the name Thief. Why would we ever name it Thief? Can't we just name it Thief? Oh its a video game.

You're close. It's fantasy steampunk with first-person stealthing (think Deus Ex or Dishonored, but without the superpowers.) It's incredibly influential, but has not been treated well.

An animated film based on the art style of the original cut scenes could be quite cool, but I can see this going wrong in so many ways.