Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sparky

I Swear This Is My Last

I know I have Been A bit of a bother with this
posting all this stuff
i swear that this is my last question

will there be some jdoom features like...

rocket smoke or just smoke for anything else

better particals support - you know, when a rocket explodes or the bfg explodes and sparks from when the plasma balls from the plasma gun explode just like in jdoom

flares for instead of spirits for when you the pistol,shotgun, super shotgun or chaingun - the kinda "fire" stuff that comes outa yur gun
cool menu and text effects like when you select a something in the menu it becomes white and when a new menu comes up the options flash by and or when i new message comes on the hud ??

new hud system that when you pick a different ammo type for your weapon it shows that icon - same would be cool for health and armour

better explosions with flares and not spirits
like the barral when it explodes it uses those cool particals and flares for the "flame" part and all that green smoke comes out

the light that comes off of water/acid/lava/barrals on to the wallsa beside them.... that looks cool

now im done :) i hope you will consider these

well, zdoom is a clone of other ports :)
why not zdoomgl ?? just take all the best features and stuff um in one port

ZDOOMGL :D
btw zdoomgl already has many things from jdoom

sparky said:

well, zdoom is a clone of other ports :)
why not zdoomgl ?? just take all the best features and stuff um in one port

ZDOOMGL :D
btw zdoomgl already has many things from jdoom

"many things" being 2 things ;)

The sky rendering is very similar (changed so it properly supports ZDoom's layered sky) and hires texture support. I also use Doomsday as a reference (along with the old ZDoomGL) during development.

There's some things I don't want to change too much, though, or ZDoomGL won't feel like ZDoom anymore. Particles are one of those things because if I go in to make it cooler or whatever, I have to change how ZDoom handles particles, which makes it not ZDoom.

Dynamic lighting is ok because the changes are just in the renderer and don't really affect ZDoom at all. Same thing with md2 models.

The last big change I did to ZDoom itself is add support for GL nodes, and that messed some maps up (NiGHTMARE's Boom tricks map is a good example of some features not working properly).