Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Nate

Old weapons

First of all, Mediafire is a plague, I stopped using it years ago. Try Dropbox, it's infinitely better in every way.

Secondly, I may or may not be absolutely completely biased (hint: I am totally biased), but there's a reason I set out to replace as many weapons as I could.

That being said, I acknowledge that the shotgun's idle frame does look a bit weird, but it did come from an actual physical model, and that's just how it looks at that angle. I also feel like I perhaps made the missile launcher a tad too small.

6 minutes ago, Blastfrog said:

First of all, Mediafire is a plague, I stopped using it years ago. Try Dropbox, it's infinitely better in every way.

Secondly, I may or may not be absolutely completely biased (hint: I am totally biased), but there's a reason I set out to replace as many weapons as I could.

That being said, I acknowledge that the shotgun's idle frame does look a bit weird, but it did come from an actual physical model, and that's just how it looks at that angle. I also feel like I perhaps made the missile launcher a tad too small.

Honestly, I couldn't use dropbox. Because the Free Trial requires a credit card.

9 minutes ago, Sgt Jack V said:

Honestly, I couldn't use dropbox. Because the Free Trial requires a credit card.

Pretty sure DropBox has no "free trial", unless you're trying one of the premium services.  I might be wrong though!  I personally use OneDrive.

2 hours ago, Sgt Jack V said:

...physhing?

2 hours ago, Blastfrog said:

That being said, I acknowledge that the shotgun's idle frame does look a bit weird, but it did come from an actual physical model...

you made the new guns sprites? I was troubled because I thought the idle shotgun does look strange (it made me think of a completely different gun until I shot it). Is that really from a physical model? what was it, a photo?

The only old weapon wads I have for Freedoom is the lever-action shotgun by @CaptainW (whatever the name was) which never made it into Freedoom, and @Fredrik's futuristic-yet-Quake-like SSG.

On the matter of the current shotgun, I too found its idle fram to be strange. With some more shadowing, it might be easier to distinguish what part is what. Originally, I thought it was in zoom mode, or something like that.

Also, Dropbox's better, easier, and has less shit to deal with. And low bandwidth to access Dropbox dl sites too.

@jupiter_ex The pistol, shotgun and rocket launcher are all based on toy guns, photographed. 

7 hours ago, Voros said:

The only old weapon wads I have for Freedoom is the lever-action shotgun by @CaptainW (whatever the name was) which never made it into Freedoom, and @Fredrik's futuristic-yet-Quake-like SSG.

On the matter of the current shotgun, I too found its idle fram to be strange. With some more shadowing, it might be easier to distinguish what part is what. Originally, I thought it was in zoom mode, or something like that.

Also, Dropbox's better, easier, and has less shit to deal with. And low bandwidth to access Dropbox dl sites too.

@jupiter_ex The pistol, shotgun and rocket launcher are all based on toy guns, photographed. 

I honestly used mediafire because it was more familiar to me, and I already hosted something there. I'm going to use the 2 GB dropbox from now on. Also, this was primarily for the Old SSG.

Edited by Sgt Jack V

17 minutes ago, Sgt Jack V said:

Also, this was primarily for the Old SSG.

Huh, then I don't need you WAD ;)

In all seriousness, I don't think that link in OP will work. It'll probably work for you, but to everyone else, :/ try to post up a share link.

On 5/9/2017 at 8:39 AM, Voros said:

Huh, then I don't need you WAD ;)

In all seriousness, I don't think that link in OP will work. It'll probably work for you, but to everyone else, :/ try to post up a share link.

There are probably people out there that want the old SSG, I actually didn't mean just that, but also some of the new weapons need to be worked up a little.

Edited by Sgt Nate V

21 minutes ago, Sgt Jack V said:

some of the new weapons need to be shat on.

Shat on? Okay, what?

I would love to see the old ssg re-added into the newer versions of freedoom. *With more polish to suit the current sci-fi style*

8 hours ago, MrD!zone said:

I would love to see the old ssg re-added into the newer versions of freedoom. *With more polish to suit the current sci-fi style*

I agree, the old SSG had pretty neat design and was more distinct from Doom. Perhaps if someone ultra-talented (i.e. not me) were to overhaul those sprites, they could be brought back in.

On 5/8/2017 at 10:16 PM, Voros said:

The only old weapon wads I have for Freedoom is the lever-action shotgun by @CaptainW (whatever the name was) which never made it into Freedoom

I'd love to see that instead of the current one. It'd stand out more I think.