Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NuMetalManiak

Chris Cornell dies at age 52

I remember hearing Black Hole Sun in the 90's and despite my lack of interest in music back then I absolutely loved that track. It's a shame to hear of this guys death, RIP.

One of the best rock vocalists ever....an amazing talent, with unbelievable power and emotion in his work.   

3 hours ago, Avoozl said:

I remember hearing Black Hole Sun in the 90's and despite my lack of interest in music back then I absolutely loved that track. It's a shame to hear of this guys death, RIP.

It's quite literally the only song I know by Soundgarden, I'll be honest.

Still though, fifty-two is too young for someone to pass away. I wonder what the cause of death was.

Edited by Agentbromsnor

He was my wife's all time favorite singer, she's pretty devastated.  Really shit news to wake up to.

2 minutes ago, Agentbromsnor said:

Still though, twenty-five is too young for someone to pass away. I wonder what the cause of death was.

He was fifty-two (52).

Regardless, what awful news. Rest in peace, Chris! :(

7 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

He was fifty-two (52).

Regardless, what awful news. Rest in peace, Chris! :(

Whoops, messed that up.

Took his own life it seems. How very sad. I absolutely loved Audioslave when i was a teenager and subsequently discovered Soundgarden - what a voice.

I can't say I was a Sound Garden fan, as I never had any of their albums. But I have a lot of fond memories of Road Rash. I was actually listening to the song from it the day before I heard he passed away.

RIP

That really sucks. There has to be a better way to help people with suicidal problems ( As thats what is being said by police that this appheres to be ). I have to admit this bitters my day.

I didn't know Chris Cornell too much to be honest, but it's a shame that he's gone. The fact that the death was an apparent suicide makes this worse, as it shows that depression is pretty scary. I also know the Soundgarden song "Black Hole Sun" best, as I heard it in the PS2 version of Rock Band. My condolences go to his friends and family.

17 hours ago, Fonze said:

Damn it you beat me to it.

Worse part is he hanged himself. He's had worse days. It makes me wonder if he found out he had throat cancer or something.