Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unholypimp1n

Baneful A hell themed megawad(10 map release)

3mEvLXpl.png

Baneful is a hell themed megawad that I'v had lying around my computer for awhile and I finally decided to clean it up and bit and release the maps iv done so far.

Most maps will have zdoom features like 3d floors and spawners as well as scripts.

=============================

This wad requires zdoom 2.7.1 or higher and is mod friendly.

Jumping is required in some maps and so is swimming.

=============================

screenshots

Spoiler

SBuTNaK.png

w41VeBb.png

gFVfyUw.png

iJOTuxy.png

bq1jr67.png

===============================

Download Link to 10 map release https://www.dropbox.com/s/udptj0tqm34svfw/Baneful.wad?dl=0

Map List

========================

map01 - Blood Cavern - 100%

map02 - Vaught - 100%

map03 - Hollow Tomb - 100%

map04 - Terror Core - 100%

map05 - Death's Choice - 100%

map06 - The Pillar - 100%

map07 - Lava Garrison - 100%

map08 - Golgotha - 100%

map09 - Hemorrhage - 100%

map10 - Lava Flows - 100%

map11 - Helltech Fort - 100%

map12 - Malevolent Passage - 25%

Credits

Spoiler

Boss Sprites

Eriance , Id Software, Raven Software, Midway , Sandypaper

Texture Credits

NiGHTMARE Espi Eriance Fredrik Johansson Janitor DaGGeR Ola Bjorling Vader XDelusion esselfortium RottKing Nuxius Afterglow AgentSpork Enjay Huy Pham SargeBaldy Tormentor667 Iikka Keranen Cage FuzzballFox 40oz Mechadon zrrion the insect Nightfall Blue Shadow Sock Roger Ritenour Tarnsman lupinx-Kassman skillsaw GothicDM Team Eternal Doom Team id Software Ion Storm Rogue Entertainment Valve Software.

Let me know what you guys think or if you find any glitches and or gameplay related issues like not enough ammo or difficulty to name a few.

Edited by Unholypimp1n

On 5/16/2017 at 2:32 AM, Walter confetti said:

Looks awesome from the pics!

Thanks =D

Also finished map11 today and already started on map12

heres a few screenshot updates.

EgPE5IFl.png

JmYB2Nzl.png

Played the first 2 maps of this. Really fun so far, with solid layouts and fight ideas, though it's a rough around some of the edges: all the lava in map 2 doesn't seem to be damaging even though there are lots of rad suits, for example. Also, in the lava, next to the teleporter in the room with the revs and PEs and viles, there's an L-shaped hallway that doesn't seem to go anywhere? There are also a lot of "open door, choose to enter room or fight through door" situations, which isn't ideal, but at least the monster composition and placement often makes fighting through doors interesting still, with some stuff to clean up once the player enters. But the openness of the map 2 central area leads to lots of options and varied gameplay in that area, and it looks nice too.

Also, you said jumping is required for some maps, but I think in the first 2 maps only the megasphere and invuln at the beginning of map 1 call for jumping? It would be nice to have more opportunities for jumping, and some more required jumping early on and throughout. I'm assuming freelook is also intended? This can lead to some cheesy sniping in the large open areas (such as the central area of map 2) but it's nothing too serious. It's fun to snipe sometimes!

I'll definitely check out the rest of the maps.

Whoops I guess I forgot to fix the lava and such on map02, the first 3-5 maps I think use to be boom format however later they got converted to zdoom in hexen format because I wanted to use those maps in this wad.  I must of missed a few things in the conversion process like some of the floors or teleporters that were optional dont work.  

Yes you should use mouselook because I used that when playing my maps, never liked using classic doom autoaim.  I believe the later maps require jumping and swimming.

Ya hopefully you get to testing out the later maps.