Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Unregistered account

Cyber Scurry - an (early) Birthday WAD! (also kinda a Dead Simple clone)

THE LINK SHOULD ACTUALLY BLOODY WORK THIS TIME

Sooooo, it's my 16th birthday in two days, and as I have an English exam + celebrations that day, I thought I'd set aside for today and make a WAD! It's...

aE5XApW.png

A Dead Simple clone

kinda

sorta

If you like high-adrenaline projectile-dodging and quick thinking, this is the single-level .WAD (Where's All the Data?) Doom Data File for Doom II: Hell on Earth (released 1994) for you!

Okay, so I got sick of meticulously designing every encounter ever in all my WADs and making sure every little detail reflected the mood I wanted to give off etc. and never actually getting round to releasing anything, so here! I threw it together in one day!

+Includes lots of variety between difficulty settings, and half-assed Deathmatch/Multiplayer balancing.

Screenies:

fOkspuk.png

eVovhZr.png

Okay... it is WAY more substantial than just Dead Simple with a different layout, honest! I tried really hard to get screenshots that give an idea of the challenge... by basically just trying to get as many projectiles in the shot as possible...

Compatibility: Vanilla

Game: Doom II

Level: Level 7: Dead Simple

Bugs Despite its bare detail, it actually causes giant HOMs to pop in out of thin air in Vanilla Doom, when all of the platforms are lowered. I think it's a SEGS error?

V3: [Download] (Gave you a BFG or two, because 100 rockets is a lot)

V2: [Download] (Added more ammo so you don't have to fight Cyberdemons with a pistol)

V1: [Download]

I even included a .txt guide in V1-2 for doing a perfect run! How thoughtful of me, right? But then I realised how pretentious it was!

Edited by Unregistered account

7 minutes ago, Kapanyo said:

I even included a .txt guide for doing a perfect run! How thoughtful of me, right?

It would be even more thoughtful to include the wad too. :P 

Are you boondoggling me

All that effort goes into fancy advertisement and Onedrive refuses to do anything

Gimme a moment, folks...

Okay, sORRY about that, it *should* work now. Any luck?

Just now, Nine Inch Heels said:

Y U no dropbox dat bad boi? ;-)

because I'm new to the actually-releasing-wads game ;___;

...I'll bear it mind next time.

well HOPEfully it w0Rks this time!

Guess who forgot to drag the .WAD file into the .zip?

arrrghhablbagghhhhhhhhhhh

(Thanks for bearing with me <_< )

NEW VERSION ALREADY!

After the embarrassment that this thread has been so far, I've decided to release a V2 already! The only difference is that this version gives you waaaay more ammo... y'know, so that you don't have to fight two Cybers with a pistol.

I was going to mention that the cybers would be a lot more fun to kill if the two berserks were four BFGs instead. Or even just two BFGs, so you could two-shot one. I decided to skip them instead of rocket them down, since there was no need to.

Yeah, it's true that defeating the Cybers takes years to do, as it takes like 100 rockets or something to kill 'em both.

If it's any consolation, you're not the only one who has messed up his 16th birthday WAD several times. :[

First, this WAD has some fat drawseg overflows, but is still playable in vanilla. I've found that out the hard way, heh.

So your WAD is limit-removing.

Attached a demo, recorded on HMP, using Chocolate 2.3.0. I died several times because I suck at cyberdemons.

Nice map, I liked it a lot. Making a map like that would've taken me a month, heh.

16 out of 16 from me, happy birthday. :]

edit:

11 hours ago, Kapanyo said:

included a .txt

I didn't see any txt in the zip...

cyscv3_fda_bzzrak.zip

Edited by bzzrak

Thanks, bzzrak! ^^

Thanks for the advice, I'll update the description!

alsoiremovedthetxtfileintheendbecauseitwastoomuchhassleforsomethingthatwasultimatelyjustkindapretentious