Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Let's Be Revealing

yeah GarrettChan try and speak to people as much as possible; tell them youre trying to improve your English and most people will be very kind and helpful :)

Favorite Movie Genre: Supernatural Horror/psychological thrillers.

Favorite Food: Pizza because that's what healthy people amirite.

Favorite Holiday: Halloween.

Favorite Memory: Seems odd for this question by my favorite memory is deeply personal.  I'll say that it's from the summer of 2006.

Worst Memory: Finding out my mother passed away.  While kicked out of the house.  While family wasn't really talking to me.  While having to them callously detail what happened and employ a jaded sense of relief as they never much cared for my mother due to her lifestyle choices.  Yeah, that shit won't ever leave me any time soon.  A slew of increasingly shitting events followed this impacting me even worse.  The end of 08 and the start of 09 was a fucking shit time for me.

Favorite Outfit: Black shirt, baggy black pants.  Boots.  Baggy hoodie depending on the weather.

Favorite Genre Of Music: Metal.  Doesn't really matter the genre.  Up there is also ambient both regular and dark, as well as Synthwave and most goth/industrial stuff.

Most Hated Genre of Music: Current era EDM.  Bring back the house influenced EDM from around 2006 to 2008 plz.  I miss that.

Left Handed or Right Handed: Right.

Worst Injury: Cracked left femur, hip injuries and lower spine issues after an ATV accident.  Latter resulting in chronic serious back pain.  Fun.

Favorite Hobby: Music creation.

Your Definition of Success: Everyone will define success differently, mine is personally immaterial.  Success is being able to live peacefully and quietly without drama or issues from outside forces.  Weird, I know, coming from a person known on here for having loudly bitched about various things on YouTube for years.

In your opinion, are situations typically black and white: No.

12 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Your written english is probably better than what quite a bunch of native speakers can do. I guess you worry about it too much. :-)

7 minutes ago, rehelekretep said:

yeah GarrettChan try and speak to people as much as possible; tell them youre trying to improve your English and most people will be very kind and helpful :)

Thanks for both. Because of that feeling I was talking about, I didn't have motivation to post things in forums. Now I'm enjoying it. Writing here is also a good practice for me, or this is an excuse for me to slack off ;)

Favorite Movie Genre: Action.

Favorite Food: Tie between pizza and sushi.

Favorite Holiday: None. They all suck.

Favorite Memory: Last summer, I had the pleasure of making a new acquaintance online. In fact, she was the first friend I'd made online since my BFF. We were chatting every day, every moment we could, and we became friends pretty quickly. And eventually, that friendship turned into a pre-romance emotional struggle - for both of us, apparently. Alas, what happened after that wasn't quite as beautiful, but that aside, it was a great summer.

Worst Memory: The aftermath of the previously mentioned.

Favorite Outfit: No particular favorite, I just wear whatever I happen to find.

Favorite Genre Of Music: Progressive metal.

Most Hated Genre of Music: Most contemporary pop.

Left Handed or Right Handed: Right-handed.

Worst Injury: A bruise on my left arm that lasted for a good few weeks. I've had pretty good luck with not getting injured a whole lot.

Favorite Hobby: Tie between music and video games.

Your Definition of Success: Being able to sustain yourself, preferably doing something you truly love.

In your opinion,  are situations typically black and white: Eh.

Favorite Movie Genre: Don't know, probably sci-fi, I rarely watch movies

Favorite Food: Whatever

Favorite Holiday: I hate holidays

Favorite Memory: Don't know

Worst Memory: Don't know

Favorite Outfit: Whatever

Favorite Genre Of Music: Metal (Doom, Sludge, Grunge, Djent), Folk, Classical, Country

Most Hated Genre of Music: Anything that's popular

Left Handed or Right Handed: Right

Worst Injury: Don't know

Favorite Hobby: Don't know

Your Definition of Success: Lots of money

In your opinion,  are situations typically black and white: No

Favorite Movie Genre: don't have a clue

Favorite Food: motherfucking fish, baby

Favorite Holiday: maybe my birthday

Favorite Memory: Beating Pokemon the first time maybe?

Worst Memory: The Memory Remains, just joking, I don't know at all.

Favorite Outfit: black clothes all the time

Favorite Genre Of Music: Read my username

Most Hated Genre of Music: Nightcore obviously

Left Handed or Right Handed: motherfucking left

Worst Injury: Blood gushing from my forehead at work (actually happened last Sunday)

Favorite Hobby: Anything involving the Internet

Your Definition of Success: Feeling motherfucking successful

In your opinion,  are situations typically black and white: No idea so no

Edited by NuMetalManiak : rustle them

6 minutes ago, NuMetalManiak said:

Favorite Genre Of Music: Read my username

Most Hated Genre of Music: Repetitive songs

:P

106s3n.jpg

Favorite Movie Genre: Comedy.

Favorite Food: Rice Salad with some tuna.

Favorite Holiday: idk, they all look alike.

Worst Memory: Fell hard on my head on some broken glass near our building, the mark remains till this day.

Favorite Outfit: blue jeans, white t-shirt, grey shoe.

Favorite Genre Of Music: Dance.

Most Hated Genre of Music: Nightcore

Favorite Hobby: 3D Modelling.

Your Definition of Success: work hard, don't let others do your work for you.

Favorite Movie Genre: Heroic Bloodshed movies (or basically any stylish Gun-Fu movie)

Favorite Food: Any sort of pie. Cheese pie. Apple Pie. Meat Pie. I like pies.

Favorite Holiday: Gotta roll with Christmas on this one since I prefer cold weather by a significant margin.

Favorite Memory: Riding a BMX alone down the long lonely road into sunset. Can't tell if it was winter or summer, but it was so poetic that day.

Worst Memory: So many to pick from. Latest memory was failing my driving exam for the first time. I could just feel my money burning down the sewer drain.

Age: 18 (ahahahahaha you're too young bwoi deres lot of payn and mysery to await ye ehehehehehehe)

Favorite Outfit: Blue jeans. Boots in the winter and some sneakers which look like shoes on summer. Usually I like blank shirts of any color. And black tracksuits.

Favorite Genre Of Music: Thrash metal.

Most Hated Genre of Music: Turbofolk

Left Handed or Right Handed: Ergh... I write with my right hand but my left hand does all the hard work, and in some situations I am ambidexterous. I dunno.

Worst Injury: A fucking wasp nest once swarmed me like a bunch of lost souls from four pain elementals. I barely escaped, if it weren't for my dual super soakers, I don't see how would I pull myself out of there otherwise. I looked like a fucking zombie the day afterwards.

Favorite Hobby: Writing and/or Drawing

Your Definition of Success: Making a memorable masterpiece that every generation afterwards would look up to.

In your opinion,  are situations typically black and white: Nah, every situation is by nature grey/gray. However, the urgency of those situations is directly porpotional to how close they are to being more black and white.

Favorite Movie Genre: adventure-y things

Favorite Food: burgers (no wonder I'm fat, but hey its been going down well enough as of late)

Favorite Holiday: chirstmas (if only because I can sleep and be with family)

Favorite Memory: this is currently skewed by the may'n concert last saturday so give me time to think on that.

Worst Memory: every stupid thing I have done over the last 23 years

Favorite Outfit: i have literally no fashion sense, so usually just plain shirts and plain pants (usually jeans)

Favorite Genre Of Music: weeb shit

Most Hated Genre of Music: honestly not quite sure

Left Handed or Right Handed: left

Worst Injury: I tend to avoid harm, but I did get a nasty concussion once

Favorite Hobby: games and putting plastic crap on my desk

Your Definition of Success: making sufficient money to be independent and able to work through any debts.

In your opinion,  are situations typically black and white: for a while I thought so but that turned out to be a baaaad assumption

Favorite Movie Genre: What are my choices? (Seriously, I don't watch movies much...)

Favorite Food: Meat, but not seafood. I tend to favor Italian and Greek cuisine. ( @ShotgunDemolition, when can I come for a visit? :-P )

Favorite Holiday: Christmas

Favorite Memory: I dunno. I've had a generally happy and peaceful life thus far.

Worst Memory: Ditto.

Favorite Outfit: I couldn't care less about fashion.

Favorite Genre of Music: Rhythm and Blues (particularly the more upbeat and happy varieties -- boogie-woogie, gospel, R&R, funk, etc.)

Least Favorite Genre of Music: Rap, and whatever you call the crap on the radio.

Worst Injury: I had an accident cutting down trees that tore the ligaments on the right side of my jawbone -- couldn't eat anything other than soup and yogurt for a couple weeks. Opening my mouth was a painful task. :-(

Favorite Hobby: Dooming I guess. Singing and math are close behind.

Definition of Success: Peace with God and myself

Are Situations Black and White: Most of the time.

Favorite Movie Genre: Horror / Thriller.

Favorite Food: Tacos.

Favorite Holiday: None.

Favorite Memory: Holding my little sister for the first time when she came into the world, or finally moving in with my significant other across the country.

Worst Memory: Watching my grandfather wither away into bones, puke his guts up every night, and lose all his hair before finally dying. And all my pet cats/dogs/rats that eventually took the big sleep.

Favorite Outfit: I like flannels, sweatshirts, jeans, sweat pants, t-shirts either plain or with a simple design, boots or nice sneakers. My fashion is simple, but I am a bit of a sneakerhead. I also like rings and piercings.

Favorite Genre Of Music: Industrial / Metal / Hip-Hop with some 80's Pop here and there.

Most Hated Genre of Music: Country / Modern Pop / Dubstep / Bro Rock

Worst Injury: I was bitten directly under my left eye by a German Shepard. If he had bitten me another inch upwards I'd be rocking an eye patch right now. The scar is still visible under my eye and on my nose.

Favorite Hobby: Gaming, probably.

Your Definition of Success: I'm assuming this is personal for all of us, so mine would be not succumbing to my mental illnesses and just getting through the day, honestly...

In your opinion, are situations typically black and white: Fuck no.

4 hours ago, 42PercentHealth said:

@ShotgunDemolition, when can I come for a visit? :-P

Whenever you want! :)

But like many of you guys, I live in a city, so besides some ancient castles and museums here and there, you won't see much where I live. Though, if you visit anything, except big crowded cities, like for an example an island (there are 2000 islands here) or a village or an archaeological site, I am sure you would like it. There everybody knows each other (gossip can be a little problem, but that is to be expected, when they don't have anything to do), there is quiet, you can sit in a traditional coffee house, meet the wise sages (they are closer to experienced, tired people that have been working hard in their lives and get to rest, for a short while till the inevitable), go sightseeing and of course taste the Mediterranean cuisine. It is easily one of the healthiest in the world (olive oil basically), but even in my country, younger people don't generally live by it (fast food came here too, as in all the other countries of the world).

Overall, come visit us! :D

What do you mean by that @42PercentHealth?

You Math-termind (because we are in Doomworld) ! 

Edited by ShotgunDemolition

12 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Incorrect. Would be nice to live in a world where dudes could casually rock dresses and stuff (after proper shaving/waxing ofc) and gender norms weren't such a big thing. :) 

I'd only do that if I were a woman, if only to compete with other women. Otherwise going drag as a guy is just the wrong approach. Face it, manly clothing is never memorable; you just have to complement it with your presence and doing all kinds of stuff.

1 hour ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

What do you mean by that @42PercentHealth?

"Ditto" is a slang term meaning "same." Just above that, I explained why I didn't put down a best memory -- for the same reason, I didn't put down a worst memory.

1 hour ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

You Math-termind (because we are in Doomworld) ! 

>:-D

I'm 26 years old.

12 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Incorrect. Would be nice to live in a world where dudes could casually rock dresses and stuff (after proper shaving/waxing ofc) and gender norms weren't such a big thing. :) 

Why would we all go with dresses and makeup in a gender-neutralized world. Wouldn't it be easier and more convenient if we all just wore clothes that were comfortable and practical?

I didn't say anything about makeup. Nor that 'all' would wear dresses, as opposed to merely having the option to without it being out-of-the-norm (hence 'could'). Also dresses seem pretty comfortable and practical, anyway. 

11 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Why would we all go with dresses and makeup in a gender-neutralized world. Wouldn't it be easier and more convenient if we all just wore clothes that were comfortable and practical?

People often use clothings and dresses to identify themselves to a certain look or a group of person.

Just now, rdwpa said:

I didn't say anything about makeup. Nor that 'all' would wear dresses, as opposed to merely having the option to without it being out-of-the-norm (hence 'could'). Also dresses seem pretty comfortable and practical, anyway. 

Oh, my bad! I guess I assumed "waxing" was some cosmetic. (Can you tell I don't know anything about fashion? :-P)

I guess I could see someone thinking dresses are more comfortable than pants. I just know my sisters sometimes have difficulties and awkwardnesses with dresses -- for example, certain theme-park rides buckle under the crotch, bicycling is awkward and slightly dangerous, etc.

5 hours ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Favorite Hobby: Dooming I guess. Singing and math are close behind.

I guess you have to update this every day? ;)

You hobby being Math explains that. It's pretty fun when you understand complex maths, the feeling of things connected by logical reasoning or such.

13 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Pure convenience is boring. The easy way isn't necessarily the best way either. And practical clothes might look "meh" to say the least. You know what's actually practical? Finding another person's style of clothing interesting enough to talk to them and ironically crank out a cheap pick-up line, because that's how babies are made, or rather that's where it starts more often than not. :p

1 minute ago, rdwpa said:

Yeah, let people wear what they think is right for them without judging. That's how it should be. Also, I can confirm that dresses and skirts  are comfortable and practical at the same time in their own right. Take that "Mr.Cargo-pants because practical"! ;-)

5 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Pure convenience is boring. The easy way isn't necessarily the best way either. And practical clothes might look "meh" to say the least.

Like I said, I couldn't care less. Pure convenience is convenient.

7 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

You know what's actually practical? Finding another person's style of clothing interesting enough to talk to them and ironically crank out a cheap pick-up line, because that's how babies are made, or rather that's where it starts more often than not. :p

Well, that escalated quickly! :-P

8 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Take that "Mr.Cargo-pants because practical"! ;-)

HaHa! I don't like cargo pants -- I have a pair, but the pockets like to snag on things like car bumpers and cabinet knobs. Not very practical, IMO. ;-)

Usually when I think "out-of-norm" look, I imagine bright and crazy hairstyles, (glowing) vests, boots of varying height, single colored "visors", wide pants tucked in the boots, and belts whenever possible. Of course, when thinking of a "urban warrior" that is.

Usually, very colorful robes or shirts. I never imagined dresses as "out of norm" or something. However, this can indeed look jarring to some folks of fragile morale. But as long as one isn't naked nor exactly clad in experimental power armor (also armed and powered up), I am not sure I would freak out at anything else really. I dunno why, but being naked doesn't sound comftorable to me like people keep saying. But well, considering where I live and what I am walking through every day, I guess being walking around naked on some warm isolated beach is not bad. But still, seeing someone getting inside a car naked and whatever, ugh... yuck.

Which kinda brings us back to why norms still exist with regard to dressing. It may be comftorable for you, but for other people, it might as well not be.

Favorite Movie Genre: war movies

Favorite Food: spaghetti

Favorite Holiday: anything that gets me out of school

Favorite Memory: n/a

Worst Memory: when i nearly drowned as a child

Favorite Outfit: uhh...a shirt, pants, and a jacket

Favorite Genre Of Music: metaaaalll

Most Hated Genre of Music: nightcore

Left Handed or Right Handed: right

Worst Injury: got hit in the head with a rock

Favorite Hobby: video games

Your Definition of Success: growing up to have a decent-paying job that you like

In your opinion,  are situations typically black and white: almost never

Favorite Movie Genre: Entertaining
Favorite Food: The Edible Kind
Favorite Holiday: December 10th
Favorite Memory: The ones I can remember
Worst Memory: I can't remember
Favorite Outfit: Basic gothic clothing
Favorite Genre Of Music: (Industrial, Gothic, or Thrash) Metal, Gothic Rock, or Ambient.
Most Hated Genre of Music: I'd say Rap but we all know that isn't music... so Country
Left Handed or Right Handed: Punch and fire a pistol with my left, but also fire rifles on my right; Both
Worst Injury: I'm fucked up in the head.
Favorite Hobby: Playin' Dem vidya games
Your Definition of Success: If someone is happy with their life.
In your opinion,  are situations typically black and white: No, they're 50 shades of grey.

4 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

But as long as one isn't naked nor exactly clad in experimental power armor (also armed and powered up), I am not sure I would freak out at anything else really. I dunno why, but being naked doesn't sound comftorable to me like people keep saying. But well, considering where I live and what I am walking through every day, I guess being walking around naked on some warm isolated beach is not bad. But still, seeing someone getting inside a car naked and whatever, ugh... yuck.

Finally we put the thread on its right track. "Let's be revealing" indeed.

25 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

4 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

I guess I could see someone thinking dresses are more comfortable than pants. I just know my sisters sometimes have difficulties and awkwardnesses with dresses -- for example, certain theme-park rides buckle under the crotch, bicycling is awkward and slightly dangerous, etc.

I suppose I have a bit of an anecdote... hopefully it ends up being somewhat relevant ^_^

When I first started transitioning, I remember getting a lot of advice that "women don't always wear dresses or skirts", with the implication that I shouldn't either otherwise I'd look out of place, among other things.  They were passed off as formal, antiquated, or impractical, so I should save them for special occasions.

The thing is, I prefer them.  They're simply more comfortable for me personally, and the style I wear (goth) tends to favor dresses and skirts for women anyway.  Plus I was still smart enough to know that some situations simply call for different clothes, like when I go fishing or hiking, or I'm doing some sort of intense physical labor.  In those situations I tend to wear tactical pants and combat boots for the pockets and durability.  Well, I wear combat boots with dresses too... but that's besides the point :-P  My point is, does it really matter what I wear?  So what if I just happened to like dresses?  Just because I prefer them doesn't mean I'm going to force others to wear them.  They can wear whatever the hell they want.

In the end, I decided that I should just wear whatever I want, and so for the past six years, I've mostly worn dresses - and no one has ever given a crap, either.

Favorite Movie Genre: Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Favorite Food: Steak, mushrooms, onions and Fries

Favorite Holiday: Christmas I guess.

Favorite Memory: I dunno. Hard to choose. The time I figured out how to teach myself to ride a bike.

Worst Memory: Ugh, lets just say that death sucks.

Favorite Outfit: Jeans, t-shirt and sneakers. That's what I wear all the time.

Favorite Genre Of Music: I have to choose? Progressive Rock. Then metal and Jazz and.....

Most Hated Genre of Music: Rap. I can't say I actually hate it, but I certainly don't listen to it.

Left Handed or Right Handed: Right.

Worst Injury: Fractured ankle bone. It happened at school, in gym class while doing some stupid wrestling move.

Favorite Hobby: Painting and drawing. Collecting music. Collecting hockey cards. Making levels for some olde fps game.

Your Definition of Success: I don't even give a shit about all that stuff. Just being happy somehow is enough for me.

In your opinion,  are situations typically black and white: Nope.