Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Battle_Korbi

Games in where you have to take care about your troops.

Logistics, eh? Napoleon once said that a army marches on it's stomach. So I wonder, are there any strategy/tactical/action games in which you actively have to worry about your troops, about their health, about what they eat, what they wear, and their weapons/ammo?

Closest game that managed to actualize this for me was Mount & Blade. True, it was kinda loose, since you only had to deliver food and wages regulary, but some mods, thankfully, avert this by adding ammo expenses, complex morale system, occasional resting, and sometimes foraging. But still, even having to just worry about the food kinda wipes that Hollywood glamour away in regards to what amounts to keeping and using the army (aka, literal hobos who know nothing about leading a army suddenly get tasked with leading a legion of troops becoming SUCCESSFUL at it, that stuff is no more).

Heck, I even accept roguelikes as a answer, I am not actually looking only at AAA titles here.

Yeah Napoleon would know a thing or two about his army starving to death. I wonder at what point in his life he said that quote... Prolly after Elba.

Not "your" soldiers, but in Shinobido doing quests about stealing food supplies from one faction will weaken that faction's soldiers, in subsequent missions you can see their soldiers constantly bitching about the lack of food and not being as active as they would otherwise.

Dungeon Keeper is the closest thing I can think of. Gotta have a big enough treasure room with a steady supply of loot to prep for each payday, and each monster eats a certain amount of food (so your hatchery also needs to be taken care of), plus some monsters need more living space than others, plus some monsters don't like certain other monsters so you'll have to design the dungeon in a way that keeps hated factions separated.

Ultima 7, You gotta feed and equip your party. I once left the game on to go get a snack and I came back to see that my party had died from starvation.