Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Different music for each intermission/story screen?

I was just wondering if there is a way to have different music playing at each intermission screen?

Additionally, I'm curious how to have different backgrounds and music playing for each story text? I figured this one out many years ago, but it's been so long that I've forgotten and am coming up fry from googling various strings..

Thanks for any help in advance

Use BEX for the story text background. IIRC, there are specific music lumps that play upon the story screens, so replace them with your own.

As for different music for intermission screens, you got me. I'm assuming that you mean the tally screen between each map.

Yeah, the screen where your score is tallied. It would be cool to have music carry directly over into story text rather than calling a new MIDI.

I'm looking to use basic ZDoom features, I'm sure there's a way to have 10 different music files play for 10 different story screens with 10 different background flats for each, but for the life of me I can't find out where I'd do this. I'm certain it's in MAPINFO but the (very flawed) way I did it in UAC Rebellion doesn't seem to work quite right on any newer builds over ZDoom/ZDaemon/Odamex/Zandronum.

EDIT: Excellent, I've found part of what I need - https://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO/Cluster_definition

Just need to figure out that intermission screen music issue!

There might be a way. Maybe define 10 different clusters in a MAPINFO for each map? Then in each cluster, set the background flat and music. Pretty sure Echelon does something similar.

You know, these are the kinds of things UMAPINFO should cover (at least eventually). If not there, some other universal Doom game definition format.