Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dannebubinga

Plutonium Winds demos [-complevel 9]

Map 18 Pacifist in 0:56. Also includes a bonus demo in which I get thrown outside of the map. I go through a fence linedef that, I assume, darkreaver accidentally forgot to mark as impassable.

pw18p056.zip

dannebubinga said:

Map 18 max in 4:20

Dunno why, but this demo desyncs for me! :(

Plut and blob: very cool map15 demos, especially digging the arch-vile jump + kill over the ledge =)

I like making small maps. I should do some more sometime.

4shockblast said:

Map 18 Pacifist in 0:56. Also includes a bonus demo in which I get thrown outside of the map. I go through a fence linedef that, I assume, darkreaver accidentally forgot to mark as impassable.

Argh, yes. Its a 64 length linedef that escaped my attention :/ I can surely agree that this map is a grind when it comes to speedrunning. Those fucking Lost Souls (and the ending).

dannebubinga said:

Haha wtf? I used the one in the archives! Please point me to the correct version

Well, I use the same version (idgames one). 4shocks demos on map18 doesnt desync. ? I dunno man!

srsly pissing me off now... wtf is wrong with the BFG access in map17? 50% of times wall doesnt lower. what am i doing wrong?
do i have to press switches in a certain order or what

edit: umh. seems not.

blob1024 said:

srsly pissing me off now... wtf is wrong with the BFG access in map17? 50% of times wall doesnt lower. what am i doing wrong?
do i have to press switches in a certain order or what

edit: umh. seems not.

Calm down, calm down ;)

That BFG isnt reachable without doing a "trick". The trick is not to shoot until you press all the key switches =) So you will need to collect all the keys and press the switches before you attack anything at all. Then the room with a BFG and invul + ammo will open.

The REGULAR BFG is revealed around the corner, near the yellow key =)

darkreaver said:

Calm down, calm down ;)

That BFG isnt reachable without doing a "trick". The trick is not to shoot until you press all the key switches =) So you will need to collect all the keys and press the switches before you attack anything at all. Then the room with a BFG and invul + ammo will open.

The REGULAR BFG is revealed around the corner, near the yellow key =)

you... YOU!!
ahah
okay thanks a lot for the info. lots of times I just shoot like 2 sec before that room to wake everything up .,.
ps: i lile map16 too btw, cool levels indeed :)

Thanks man =) Glad it sparked a little interest over here.

4shockblast said:

Map 16 Pacifist in 2:26.

Fucking fuck. I knew I forgot something when I thought of speedruns on this map. I forgot to force the player to shoot :(

4shockblast said:

Map 12 Pacifist in 0:22. A number of bonus demos included. What a grind...

Now, all UV-Speeds/Pacifists done. :)

Haha, that chaingunner-demo made me angry :P What a fuckign douche!

Also, in the 26 sec demo "you" got over 40% kills. Not bad for a pacifist run :P

blob1024 said:

I got a first exit in map16, I like the ending fight, its quite unfair tho lol how many av do spawn?

14 ;)

Map18 UV Max in 4:32.
Yes, Danne's demo is faster, but keep in mind that the older version of this map had more generous cell supplies (and didn't have 2 additional enemies, though it hardly makes any difference in all this mess...). The approach presented here turned to be quite efficient in the end, and chances are very good that I'll give this map another go sometime later since I'm once again displeased by just how much I was fooling around aimlessly. Coward I am, but something has to be done about it.

pw18-432.zip

On 23/5/2017 at 5:46 AM, Ancalagon said:

Plutonium winds Map14 max in 3:27

pw14-327.zip

Was waiting for this: amazing demo for a fantastic map. I wasn't even think that was possible to vile jump to that window, that totally change the flow of the map which is a tough one on the 'intended' route. Btw is 66% the maximum secrets obtainable ?

Ribbiks senpai said the other secret is unreachable and the vile jump was used in the pacifist run, I copied it from there.

MAP12 Tyson 5:19.69

pw12t519.zip

Took only 5 tries, not bad (at least by my standards).

Time definitely can be improved, I spent too much time trying to make everyone infight each other.

Pistoling the archvile is not fun, but letting her resurrecting monsters with 31% health (I picked up every healing item) wasn't an option.

Maybe I'll come back with a better run later.

I came back faster than I expected.

MAP12 Tyson 3:02.60

pw12t302.zip

I took a different approach by killing the archvile first, because she was the run killer. Every. Single. Time.

The rest was easy after that. Fuck that archvile.