Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Trailer for the Castlevania Netflix series

Looks pretty good! Castlevania 3 seems like a good place to start, as I've always regarded it as the first canonical entry in the legendary series. I'd also love to one day see an animated series serving as a prequel to Heretic, but that might be hoping for a bit much. 

Oh, interesting. As a old school Castlevania fan, probably this will be cool. I like how that guy blew the cartridge before putting in the NES.

Castlevania 3 is always my all time favorite because its difficulty. English version is more difficult than the Japanese version, but the Japanese version has better BGM/SE. Hard choice, man.

1 minute ago, Ajora said:

Chorus of Mysteries is a little harder than Castlevania 3. You should definitely check it out.

I don't really like hacks for some reason. Talking about CV3, my Trevor-solo Round 2 Deathless Run still haven't completed...

13 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

English version is more difficult than the Japanese version, but the Japanese version has better BGM/SE. Hard choice, man.

I actually disagree. I prefer the music of the NES version because the songs end up sounding more creative when using only 3 voice channels.

1 minute ago, Ralphis said:

I actually disagree. I prefer the music of the NES version because the songs end up sounding more creative when using only 3 voice channels.

Oh, nice approach to this. To me, I guess because JP version is a little bit thicker in the feeling.

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

I'd also love to one day see an animated series serving as a prequel to Heretic, but that might be hoping for a bit much. 

No offense, but I'd rather see a sequal to Heretic that explained how the death of D'Sparil affected his thrawls in Parthoris. The backstory stated that D'Sparil and the other Serpent Riders corrupted the peoples to go against the Sidhe, but we're never explicidly told how D'Sparil's death affected them.

This is great. I always wanted to see an adaption of Castlevania 3 in particular! I wonder if they'll do more after, but even if they don't, I'm satisfied.

i call bullshit, there's no way that cartridge worked on the first try

jokes aside tho, this looks like it could be really freakin' cool. i guess we'll just have to see if they screwed it up or not :p

Fuck I heard something about Castlevania on Netflix through the grapevine but i was totally expecting to see real life actors/actresses. Very disappointed. :(

Am I wrong to hope there's a version with Japanese voice acting and subtitles?

I get a strong Vampire Hunter D and Hellsing vibe and I dig that.

This can either be completely amazing, or utterly terrible. I think it's going to be amazing, Castlevania was always a series outside of Doom I enjoyed, and seeing this alone is a good sign. I am looking forward to this, it's gonna be a treat.

Ah, I heard about this quite a while back, like that it was going to be animated and otherwise managed by some of the people related to Adventure Time. Looks a lot better than what I initially pictured in my head, so I guess at this point it all comes down to the writing.

Nice that the best thing being done with Konami's property isn't being done by them ehehehe

On 5/25/2017 at 5:49 PM, Kontra Kommando said:

D is amazing, I need to quit being so lazy and read the books.

Speaking of D, I also thought this trailer looked reminsicent of Yoshiaki Kawajiri anime (the guy who did VHD: Bloodlust, Ninja Scroll, Highlander Vengeance, etc).

This looks very promising! Glad it's not fully 3D CGI animation, I think character art for a show like this looks great in anime style art.