Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Fidget Spinner Weapon Doom MOD

Oh yeah, I went there. I made a Doom joke MOD which replaces the chainsaw with a giant fidget spinner that you can use as a weapon against enemies in Doom. It was an idea I came up with one day when it came to the craze for fidget spinners, as I also happen to like them as well.

Below is a video of gameplay of the weapon MOD, as well as links to the MOD.

Go here to get the WAD (the link is on the bottom of the page):

https://sites.google.com/site/nitroactivestudios/projects/fidget-spinner-joke-weapon-mod

Or go here for the direct link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hicw0awjpyttc5j/fidgetspinner_weapon.zip

I wonder if Doom has attack helicopter mod. Just for jokes and other stuff. 

Thank you.

now i can play out my fantasies

the ones in which i'm dying.

Edited by SArais

Here's an idea. Have it act like a shield, protecting you from damage when it is spinning, but only while it is spinning, and only damage coming from in front.

Surprising this isn't all over the gaming media yet, considering how much they loved the Rickroller back in the day.

Oh for fuck's sake, first InstaDoom and the RickRoller weapon, now this?

4 hours ago, Quasar said:

Surprising this isn't all over the gaming media yet, considering how much they loved the Rickroller back in the day.

Yea, considering they like to attach themselves to hip cool fad crap but NOT focus on any of the big name Doom projects (Ancient Aliens, for example). It's all for bullshit clicks and ad revenue for the majority of game venues.

32 minutes ago, Glaice said:

Yea, considering they like to attach themselves to hip cool fad crap but NOT focus on any of the big name Doom projects (Ancient Aliens, for example). It's all for bullshit clicks and ad revenue for the majority of game venues.

Funny you mention Ancient Aliens

14 minutes ago, loveless said:

Funny you mention Ancient Aliens

Likewise, but you don't see them reporting on the smaller mapsets and mods very often. I'd love to see my map alteration Maps of Chaos get some limelight however, but it seems the Brutal Doom community already did that for me.

9 hours ago, Quasar said:

Don't forget that Vuvuzela mod that was released a long time ago. People went crazy for that. I think the original video had over a million views (or maybe it was somewhere around 100,000 views?) but for some reason the original video owner deleted it.

12 hours ago, Voros said:

I'll never understand this sudden trend for fidget spinners.

It's mainly for autistic and/or children with ADHD and/or OCD to help them focus or be unbored, or so they say. As an Aspie, we didn't have stupid things like this, we just flicked our pen or pencil back and forth with our fingers.

I used to put a pencil through the holes in a ruler, then spin it around like some sort of spinner toy (pissed of the teachers tho).  I guess I was ahead of the curve.  Shoulda' patented it.  Damn. 

2 hours ago, Glaice said:

It's mainly for autistic and/or children with ADHD and/or OCD to help them focus or be unbored, or so they say. As an Aspie, we didn't have stupid things like this, we just flicked our pen or pencil back and forth with our fingers.

I nonstop bounce my legs, usually alternating between them.  If I had bass kicks under my desk it would be blast beats 24/7.

It's interesting, this fad. It was very sudden for me. One day someone brings it home and yet I had idea wtf it was and then my youtube feed is full of them and I see little stands everywhere around the city. Looks like a company or two is forking out lots of dollars to make this big and quick. I'm just curious if they really do bring a good roi.

I'm interested as in how this whole fidget spinner thing suddenly became a massive trend. It just came out of the blue.

According to Wikipedia, the trend started this year. How, IDK.

All I know is I couldn't care less of it and don't plan on buying one anytime soon.