Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZALGO

Favorite Anime soundtracks people

My sister is a big anime fan, and I'm slowly beginning to enjoy it with her as well. Whenever I do dishes or some form of house work, I usually put up some video game soundtracks to keep me entertained. But lately, I've been running out of good music from games to enjoy, so I want some help guys, what's your personal favorite Anime Soundtrack you've listened to in the past. 

My favorites currently are:

1: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (That main theme is one of my favorites)

2: Hunter X Hunter (The music in the second half is amazing, Love Theme of Kage and RASETSU)

3: One Punch Man (The opening)

4: Mob Psycho 100 (The opening)

What is your favorite pieces of anime music guys?

That taiko drumming... 2020 Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony, LET'S GO!

I have plenty of favorite anime soundtracks, though my most favorites are Hokuto no Ken, Dragon Ball Z(original jap ost, not the atrocious U.S one), Baki the Grappler, Riki-Oh, Jojo's Bizzarre Adventure, Yu-Gi-Oh(Jap ost, U.S ost is ok), Berserk, Sakigake Otokojuku and Street Fighter II V.  

I'm going to reach for the obvious and say AKIRA - it's outstanding. A highlight:

I love the gamelan elements of this track. Geinoh Yamashirogumi's other albums are well worth hearing, too. Particularly Ecophony Rinne and Ecophony Gaia, which work as a trilogy with AKIRA (being part two), and use many of the same elements.

my top 3

1- Hunter  x Hunter 2011 soundtrack

2- BERSERK series soundtrack (Guts theme and Murder are my favs), Susumu Hirasawa is a beast

3- Evangelion ost

21 minutes ago, Ledillman said:

my top 3

1- Hunter  x Hunter 2011 soundtrack

2- BERSERK series soundtrack (Guts theme and Murder are my favs), Susumu Hirasawa is a beast

3- Evangelion ost

I watched the Berserk movies, loved "My brother" and "the hundred year war." never watched the old Berserk or the 2016 version. Are they any good?  This is coming from someone who genuinely enjoyed the movies.

I don't share way too much here,because forum can start lag again for me :')

41 minutes ago, ZALGO said:

I watched the Berserk movies, loved "My brother" and "the hundred year war." never watched the old Berserk or the 2016 version. Are they any good?  This is coming from someone who genuinely enjoyed the movies.

Berserk (1997) is easily my favourite anime series. I've never seen the movies or the new series on account of how unappealing I find the animation to be. People often ripped on the animation in the 1997 series, but I thought it was perfectly fine. 

Kudos to Walter confetti for mentioning Jin-Roh. Such a brilliant movie. Shame it never attracted the following it so rightly deserves. 

Here's a piece of anime music that I'm quite fond of.

Edited by Ajora

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

Berserk (1997) is easily my favourite anime series. I've never seen the movies or the new series on account of how unappealing I find the animation to be. People often ripped on the animation in the 1997 series, but I thought it was perfectly fine. 

Yeah, the animation is difficult to get used to, but if you do, you get a very good anime with a decent ending to it.

This is just in case the quote capture the video, Anyway to remove such a thing when I'm quoting someone's reply? I'm sorta new to the video sharing feature.

Pretty disappointed nobody posted this yet.

Also, pretty much all of the original Japanese soundtrack for Dragon Ball Z. Not that the American songs they changed aren't bad, the Cell theme is actually better.

Seriously, you tell me this wouldn't work as a song in a Doom map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7bkURxX15s

11 minutes ago, Albertoni said:

On a sidenote, thanks to this topic for making me find this page: http://www.angelfire.com/ar2/ariamirai/midi1.html

It got some pretty doomable midis there, including one Sailor Moon one. Man, I'll sure enjoy dropping a Sailor Moon song in a WAD just to mess with the macho senses of some people.

No problem man, always good to get some good old midis. :)

Also some Sailor Moon should be pretty cool just for the shits and giggles. ;)

Mandatory mention of Cowboy Bebop's soundtrack by Yoko Kanno and The Seatbelts; easily 30+ songs that are all awesome of many styles, but mostly jazz. The Seatbelts have also had some collaboration on a few tracks with notable musicians, such as the phenomenal bass player Stanley Clarke.

Some songs:

Spoiler

D&B with Stanley Clarke

A beautiful jazzy song with singer Tulivu-Donna Cumberbatch

Another beautiful jazzy song; this one with singer Emily Bindiger

And of course just some damn good jazz

"I was wailing the blues since the doctor whacked my bottom on the day I was born."

Yuki Kajiura is amazing, and her soundtrack work for Puella Magi Madoka Magica is godlike. From the big action themes to the quiet understated pieces, everything works so perfectly to convey the bleak, surreal horror right under the surface of its cheerful setting. My favorite soundtrack ever.

These are some great tracks Essel. I've never seen the show, but I heard it's really good. I might watch it just to listen to this soundtrack. :)

28 minutes ago, ZALGO said:

These are some great tracks Essel. I've never seen the show, but I heard it's really good. I might watch it just to listen to this soundtrack. :)

Sweet, I'm glad to have gotten someone else interested in checking it out! I highly recommend it, it's one hell of a journey.

I plan on checking out Puella Magi Madoka Magica in the near future. Looking forward to it!  

Edited by Ajora

I don't see nearly enough Cowboy Bebop or Trigun in this thread. Or Cromartie High School, for that matter. And, well, Gungrave deserves some credit from me as well, especially its ending theme that feels right at home in an OutRun game.

L-GAIM's intro music is FUCKING AMAZING!!!!

My gosh, Black Lagoon. One of the first shows I watched and one of my favorites. Glad to see it in this thread.

TLDR: Revy is Freaking amazing. :P

Lucky Star theme is best theme.

On a serious note, I used to listen to a lot of anime music in the 90s. Most of it was cheesy as hell, but I still occasionally wax nostalgic for it.