Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Looking for a wad that's as easy as this! (video)

I die part way through but resurrect, haven't played on anything but ITYTD.  Something as easy as this, with no puzzles or trying to hunt down keys for too long, would be ideal.  Also tips so I can one day be good enough to play at UV are welcome.  Wad recommendation doesn't have to be 1994 or any era, or just one map, as long as it's this easy and straightforward.

Have you tried the first Doom The way Id Did? (and then Doom The Way Id Did: The Lost levels?). Shouldn't be harder than this, IMO.

2 hours ago, invictius said:

[...] haven't played on anything but ITYTD.

Then you've got a broken ITYTD, because you should only be taking half damage and yet the imp at 0:31 dealt 24 damage to you (which is max damage for an imp with no damage reduction). Might wanna look into that.

The average map should be really easy combat-wise on ITYTD, so I suppose what you're looking for is something with straight-forward progression. Scythe pre-E3 should fit rather well, and I recall Perdition's Gate being pretty obvious most of the time. I haven't yet played it, but the traditional set of 100 Lines will likely be quite short maps (and therefore not have the capacity to fit puzzles).

19 hours ago, bzzrak said:

Fava Beans, completed it today morning in about 50 minutes on HMP, it's delightfully easy.

Am I the only person that detests original doom levels?  I mean, there would be no benefit as of late 1994 to making levels for it.  I guess there might be textures exclusive to it but that doesn't offset the loss of so many monsters...