Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TreeSquid

[RELEASE] Hell Origins

Hey guys & gals! I would like to finally introduce you to my first ever Doom WAD, designed for solo/co-op. This is compatible with ZDaemon and works in Doomseeker as well. This features 10 maps with custom music (doomdepot, guitarpro rips), and is 2 hours long in play time.

I was aiming for a fun experience between friends, and also fun solo. There are lots of traps and multiple ways of doing things in most maps. If you just want to shoot something, than this will be good stress relief, as well as being a challenge.

Theme:

The Germans have been practicing experiments and have found an alternative energy source that is infinite! No more need for oil, gas and electricity. This however has led to a rift between Hell and Earth, where the energy appears to come from, and Earth is slowly consumed by the Devil himself. You must stop him.

Levels:

1-Enter The Doom Marine

2-Earth Research Labs

3-Overgrown & Overrun

4-Rotten Core

5-Fallen Keep

6-Root of The Problem

7-Energy Harnessing Facility

8-Awoken Terror

9-Dispeace

10-Revelation

Feedback is much appreciated, and I hope that everyone that tries this out will have a good time.

Screenshots:

Here is how to download:

http://www.moddb.com/addons/start/122803?referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ca%2F

Edited by TreeSquid

After some user feedback and fixes following anything that really sticks out, consider uploading your mapset to /idgames/.

The main reason why I tell mappers here, especially newer ones, is so that their work has a more permanent location on the internet and so it doesn't disappear into obscurity on the forum.

Screenshots look pretty good. Ill give it a shot when I get a chance and let you know. has a very doom 1 feel from what I can see.

Is this for DOOM or DOOM 2? Its not loading for me with either iwad. The only text file in the download above was the changelog.txt.

43 minutes ago, TreeSquid said:

It's for DOOM 2. I have had other people say it works fine, so I am not sure of the problem. How are you launching the game?  Which program?

If you are using ZDaemon then try copying my setup here:

http://imgur.com/J4uwkZl

http://imgur.com/sqIqcVr

I use Zandronum and now it is working so I don't know what I was doing wrong but it was obviously human error. I am off to play this now. lol

Hmmm...well I only tested it using ZDaemon and Doomseeker, so that issue is new to me. I did not include any script for a sky texture as it generated a default greysky which seemed to fit my WAD. However it looks like you just get nothing.

I will add some script in to include the skybox and then that should fix your issue. Did level 1 appear that way too at the end?

I fixed the issue. A new version is available for download now, and the skybox should now appear :)

*UPDATE* Also just re-wrote my scripts into the new syntax. After the initial update I broke the ability to host a server, but that is now fixed and has been updated. Also Map 06 has been fixed, where you were able to teleport before obtaining the yellow skull key. You are now able to teleport back to obtain it, if you passed it.

**THIS should be bug free now**

Edited by TreeSquid

Pretty solid wad. The only real complaint I have is the texturing and lighting, but really that's just a personal thing.

Thanks mate! Glad you enjoyed it. I am making another wad currently, and I will make sure I focus on textures/lighting more for sure. Thanks for the feedback!