Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

Emotional Animation.

Sometimes, we see an animated piece that speaks to us on an emotional level, that is abstract and can say things that are deep to us, or meaningful in some way, or is an interesting interpretation on different aspects of our lives. So Here is a thread that we can perhaps share these pieces art for each other to enjoy or just examine. I'll kick it off with a nice piece I've recently seen.

This is my favourite end of the world animation...

...though the song is actually much sadder, an elegy for the Russian crew that suffocated in the sunk K-141 Kursk submarine.

Mark Osborne's More is very emotional and touching...

...though the song is actually much sadder. Literally called Elegia, it's New Order's 17-minute elegy dedicated to Joy Division's frontman Ian Curtis who hung himself at the age of 23.

Paul Robertson's animations are always cool, but one of his early works used as a clip for Qua's Devil Eyes song is really cool and not even an elegy to anything.

Back to Mogwai, the clip for Hunted By A Freak is bound to generate some emotional response...

... and it's obviously an elegy for the two animals killed during the shooting of the clip.

To end on an upbeat note, here's some Švankmajer.

My personal favorite

Another good one, but I never really liked the voice actor for this one, sounds too young.

A good one from France.

Lastly a funny one

I never imagined a 5-minute music video could hit me so hard. Gorgeous art and animation, a catchy tune, and a simple story told effectively in few words.

7 minutes ago, esselfortium said:

I never imagined a 5-minute music video could hit me so hard. Gorgeous art and animation, a catchy tune, and a simple story told effectively in few words.

Oh damn, it embeds vimeo as well!

6 hours ago, dew said:

To end on an upbeat note, here's some Švankmajer.

I absolutely love everything Svankmajer does. I suggest that anyone here who likes surreal art and stop-motion animation should watch not only his shorts, but also his movies.

Anyway, I watched a lot of good shorts that deal with subjects that have personally touched me

^Based on a short story about a domestic machine in a post apocalyptic world that continues performing it's daily routines as if the house's inhabitants were still alive. It's a grim look into a world devastated by nuclear warfare presented in a pretty Terry Gilliam-esque style.

^A funny claymation short about putting up fake personas in order to meet societal standards, the stress that is causes, and how much if ends up affecting your real identity.

^Short that explores what it means to be, and what makes you "you"