Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quagsire

Have you ever made something harder than it should be?

Like whenever I got all of the parts for my PC on the table, I watched a video and got a general idea on what to do. Anyways, I grabbed one power connector and thought about all of the things that could go wrong, then I backed out immediately.

Then there was another time where I wanted to try and overclock my GPU a bit, but then I thought about it possibly burning out somehow and decided not to.

Anything like this happen to you a lot?

The only thing I can think of that is somewhat similar to this is my reading into things way too much.  If someone responds to a question, depending on my mind at the moment, their tone, how my day is going, how I think their day is going, can make me get the wrong idea from a simple response.  Hell, depending on the circumstances, someone saying "I'm fine." if I ask how they're doing can send me on an internal debate over what the fuck their problem is.

16 minutes ago, AbsorbedHatch said:

Like whenever I got all of the parts for my PC on the table, I watched a video and got a general idea on what to do.

You mean you bought the PC parts? I don't really get the idea...

Being a not so confident person, this happens to me a lot... The biggest example should be I always thought English is difficult since I'm not a native speaker. Every time I post something, I have to check like 4 or 5 times and change every single thing that I don't like, but the problem is I don't even know which one is the best...

I had a similar thing when I tried to root my kinda old phone and change its OS (from 2.3.4 to 4.4.4). It seemed scary at first, in case I accidentally destroyed my phone and I looked at each step a thousand times to make sure it was alright, but I got it in the end and it was totally worth it. It is somewhat of an old device what I own, but I am not changing it any time soon, since I won't be needing fancy animations and a fake decaexacore processor (ok the latest ones are decacores, but whatever).

51 minutes ago, Tracer said:

The only thing I can think of that is somewhat similar to this is my reading into things way too much.  If someone responds to a question, depending on my mind at the moment, their tone, how my day is going, how I think their day is going, can make me get the wrong idea from a simple response.  Hell, depending on the circumstances, someone saying "I'm fine." if I ask how they're doing can send me on an internal debate over what the fuck their problem is.

But on the other hand, sometimes you can read the situation though. Yeah, I understand your point because if I have a bad mood, I usually read things in a negative way.

Me many years ago: "I need to figure out a way to keep track of things I need to do.  Maybe some sort of custom todo list program that can send me reminder emails, and I can synchronize it with my PDA."

Also me not long after: *starts using sticky notes to keep track of todo list program ideas*

Me in the end:: "Hey, these work nicely."

Sometimes I don't feel like getting up from the chair so I just sit there uncomfortably for a long time even though it would be much easier to quickly go piss and be done with it.

I think it would be harder to look for someone who HASN'T. Although I really doubt there is such a person here on Doomworld.

Here is my example:

I once skipped over going to a wedding, and let my parents go alone. Things were easier.