Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RoozyDoom1999

Forgot my security question

I was signing up my account at The Doom Wiki (doomwiki.org) site. I forgot my security question. It tells me "Please input the (Number) and (Number) characters (with no spaces) from the code." I entered the same code, then started to tell me "Wrong code!" I'm mad at the point where Doom Wiki has all these questions.

Ouch, sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately, the wiki had to add these steps when it moved, because there is no full-time IT staff anymore. Otherwise it wouldn't exist at all -- it would be overwhelmed by spammers and bots.

To actually answer you, first of all there is no security question (only captchas), so please make sure you aren't using an impostor site. The link from here should work, for example. Assuming you're on the real site, I just tested account creation and it worked fine. I recommend one or both of: (a) post a zoomed-in screenshot of the form, including what you typed in the code box; (b) ask for help in #doomwiki on irc.oftc.net.

The code you need is on the very page where you input it. It's just a captcha, like Xeriphas surmised. It wants you to look at the random string, pick the two numbered characters counting from the left, and input those two characters into the text box as the answer.

2 hours ago, Linguica said:

RoozyDoom1999, have you checked you make sure that you are not in fact a robot?

You ask a good but confronting question, Linguica. I mean, what if we really are machines but simply in organic form? What if by society standards us wage slaves are just self aware intelligent cogs?

Deep stuff.

I'm bored.

We are biologically-engineered machines, and we have created mechanically-engineered machines. I think.

On 5/26/2017 at 3:39 AM, Chezza said:

You ask a good but confronting question, Linguica. I mean, what if we really are machines but simply in organic form? What if by society standards us wage slaves are just self aware intelligent cogs?

Deep stuff.

I'm bored.

Actually, how do you even know any of this exists?  Maybe we're all just figments of each other's imaginations?