Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

This is just wrong on so many levels

McDonald's is supposed to be a cheap and dirty restaurant with syringe needles in the ball pit. Not an upscale hipster joint.

3011548E00000578-0-image-a-8_14525819341

DBaHqNdXYAAttL4.jpg

Now this is what a McDonald's should look like.

Wait... isn't that in the video sort of... normal? Probably depends on where you live. It's definitely a little bit messier than the one near my house, but in more populated area, I guess should be close enough...

The washroom shown in the video is not even close to what i saw in restaurants of my city.

Always fun to go to McDonald's and finding out shit all over the toilet. Fortunately, i don't ever use those toilets, it just makes me laugh everytimes i see them in that state lol.

The pics you showed are from a new outlet in Hong Kong. Asia doesn't really have the same kind of concept of "fast food" as the west does.

37 minutes ago, dethtoll said:

The pics you showed are from a new outlet in Hong Kong. Asia doesn't really have the same kind of concept of "fast food" as the west does.

Oh really, next time I go to HK, I should check it out just for my curiosity. If you're talking about MDs in China, it's somewhat different though because they have janitors and positions for cleaning up. I don't think MDs in western countries got these people to clean up the store that frequently.

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

McDonald's is supposed to be a cheap and dirty restaurant with syringe needles in the ball pit. Not an upscale hipster joint.

Add drunken adults brawling with each other and you have Chuck E. Cheese.

I'm sorry McDonald's but I really can't associate you with anything other than fast, cheap, greasy and cookie-cutter, and even the cheap part is not so. Kudos for at least trying to improve, though, stateside and abroad.

4 hours ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

Add drunken adults brawling with each other and you have Chuck E. Cheese.

I'm sorry McDonald's but I really can't associate you with anything other than fast, cheap, greasy and cookie-cutter, and even the cheap part is not so. Kudos for at least trying to improve, though, stateside and abroad.

Yeah but McGriddles tho

Yeah that's one questionably dirty restaurant. The McDonald's I've seen have all been clean to the point this video is unbelievable. The fact that there's so much garbage around makes me think its somehow staged. People just leave their trash? Then again it could just be a cultural thing. Even in peak hours at some of the busiest McDonald's still send employees to clear the tables. People may feel McDonald's is bottom of the barrel trash food, but it has amazingly high standards.

That's been bugging me too, I'm rarely to mcdonalds but when I'm there I always feel uneasy and uncomfortable, everything is gimmicky and weird, weird colours, weird pictures, "hip & cool" drawings on the wall, "funky & spunky" tables, "creative" chairs and seats, hipster music.... I just want to eat lol, it's not even cool it's just dumb

McDonald's changes with the times, for one. Granted, as others have pointed out this is also based on the above-referenced store being located in Hong Kong which has the culture and society to backup such a drastically different McDonald's. Hell I remember over a decade ago when they entirely re-did the interior design on pretty much every McDonald's in my city. Personally for me it doesn't change the fact that they are historically a fast food company with cheap products and generally unsavory sanitation that I have experienced throughout the years.

Won't stop them from rebranding where possible, though.

Wait who wants mcdonalds to be shitty?

They've been experimenting with up-market restaurants for a couple of decades.

Hm this looks really interesting

The Mcdonlads nearby where i live has dusty road youts who stink of weed standing outside with they're BMXs

3 hours ago, geo said:

Yeah that's one questionably dirty restaurant. The McDonald's I've seen have all been clean to the point this video is unbelievable. The fact that there's so much garbage around makes me think its somehow staged. People just leave their trash? Then again it could just be a cultural thing. Even in peak hours at some of the busiest McDonald's still send employees to clear the tables. People may feel McDonald's is bottom of the barrel trash food, but it has amazingly high standards.

I've been to a couple of locations that were almost as dirty. Nothing about the video seemed to indicate to me that it was staged.  

The Mcdonalds by my house went through an entire remodel, they knocked the place down to its foundation and rebuilt it to look like a wifi hotspot where techies go to do work while drinking coffee(or eating mcdonalds).  When I went there to go eat after not eating Mcdonalds for like 10+ years I was surprised how crappy the food still was despite the place looking clean and modernized.  After I ordered my food it was ready literally 10 seconds after I placed my order, almost like it was waiting for me before I even entered the store.... Yes I know fast food is suppose to be fast but this was scary fast!  I was almost to scared to eat my food because I was thinking  omg how long has this shit been waiting there under a heat lamp or something.  Pretty much after eating my food it only took about 10+ minutes for my stomach to be like  FUCK YOU MAN!, good thing I didnt have to work that day cuz I did horrible things to my toilet back home.

1 hour ago, 40oz said:

Wait who wants mcdonalds to be shitty?

I just want them to get back to their roots. They should bring back everyone from McDonaldland, and plaster the characters throughout their stores. I miss Mayor McCheese, The Professor and CosMC, even if I rarely ever go there to eat. Personally, I think their food is generally garbage. On the rare occasion that I eat there, I'll usually get one of their salads. Some of their other stuff is alright, but I've always despised their burgers and fries. 

For awhile now they've been marketing themselves towards young millennials, by trying to come across as hip and edgy. Remember when they rebooted Ronald McDonald as a street savy, social media whore? Or when they made The Hamburlgar into a suburban dad? Chris Jericho once did an interview where he talked about how McDonald's are trying too hard to appeal to young millennials. They're just awful at it. 

43 minutes ago, Unholypimp1n said:

After I ordered my food it was ready literally 10 seconds after I placed my order, almost like it was waiting for me before I even entered the store.... 

This isn't unusual or weird: it happens at most fast food places.  They'll pre-cook the burgers that there's regular demand for: the kitchen is set up for it.  There are "shoots" that lead from the back to the serving area where they'll stack up maybe half a dozen in advance for each burger.

How do they think they process a customer every 20 seconds?  Cooking stuff from scratch?

It's no different to a hot-dog stand pre-cooking a few dozen hot-dogs and leaving them in hot water until a customer comes and orders one.

That's actually the worst I've seen a McDonalds because noone's cleaned up the customer tables and the bathroom ironically looks the least gross in that video. By me, the two McDonalds restaurants on the main road connecting to my street are far cleaner and I've never seen anyone leave their garbage on their table since people actually have the courtesy to get rid of it.

That also looks like closing hours time so it doesn't excuse any remaining employees from cleaning things up. You really wouldn't see that kind of crap in the north in terms of not cleaning up, I've seen one such instance down in Florida many years ago at a normal diner however.

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

I've been to a couple of locations that were almost as dirty. Nothing about the video seemed to indicate to me that it was staged.  

While I know I did say it seemed staged, I myself have a difficult time thinking about the logistics of anyone staging it or being allowed to go through the effort of staging. The bathroom would be easier to stage as it looks like no one could get trash in the bin.

Every single place I've ever been to in the Queen's Isle of England is mega clean and really nice looking for what it is, maybe it is an American thing to have food places look like death and disease.

5 hours ago, Bauul said:

This isn't unusual or weird: it happens at most fast food places.  They'll pre-cook the burgers that there's regular demand for: the kitchen is set up for it.  There are "shoots" that lead from the back to the serving area where they'll stack up maybe half a dozen in advance for each burger.

How do they think they process a customer every 20 seconds?  Cooking stuff from scratch?

It's no different to a hot-dog stand pre-cooking a few dozen hot-dogs and leaving them in hot water until a customer comes and orders one.

I guess i'm just too use to In-N-Out burger and 5 guys where they cook your food fresh in front of you.

3 minutes ago, Unholypimp1n said:

I guess i'm just too use to In-N-Out burger and 5 guys where they cook your food fresh in front of you.

Yeah, those guys are definitely a step above your MaccyDs and Burger Kings of this world.

For the record, Five Guys is nicer than In-N-Out.

/grabs popcorn.

26 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Yeah, those guys are definitely a step above your MaccyDs and Burger Kings of this world.

For the record, Five Guys is nicer than In-N-Out.

/grabs popcorn.

Don't play now  lol

Five Guys are terrifically overrated. Food is absurdly overpriced and the decor makes me think of a bathroom. Burgers are mediocre. Fries are pretty good, but that's about it.

That McDonald's video was mesmerizing. How in the hell does one allow a restaurant lobby to get that bad? The only explanation I can think of was that they got a huge rush they were unprepared/understaffed for, but if the storm had clearly passed, why weren't there any employees in sight getting the place back together? Were they all hiding in the back? 

I would just like to point out that, whatever it is that McD has on display, McD is always wrong on every level imaginable. Pretty much the same can be said about every other bigger fast-chain there is, and the only explanations I have in regards to why people still visit these would either be not having a clue about how much these Fast-Food-chains devastate the eco-system for "dem Benjaminz", or blissful ignorance, or whatever there is inbetween...

Honestly sometimes I'm just lazy as shit on saturday morning and don't feel like making breakfast. Such is the benefit of having a McD's 2 mins from my house. 

Rag on it all you want, people still eat there and support the business for a reason, but it can be tough to see with a blindfold on. My condolences.

For all the people who bitch about cleanliness at certain McDonald's, keep in mind that getting paid minimum wage isn't enough to make somebody care about their job on a daily basis; those dirty restaurants might have been clean the day/week before, but shit piles up fast when you see thousands of customers per day, which might be hard to imagine if you've never worked at a place that sees thousands of people a day... McDonald's is cheap food; you get what you pay for. Go waste money on the overpriced 5 Guys and explain to me how it's any less unhealthy than McDonald's.

It annoys me that you have to specify a McGriddle with egg or else you just end with bacon between the pancakes. I know you have to do the same with the McMuffins, but I have this thing where I call them "egg McMuffins" normally without really realizing that it's explicitly asking for the egg unless I actually stop and think about it.

But yeah, McDonald's is pretty much a breakfast place unless you live in a place where they have spicy McChickens, which are pretty much the only reason they get any business from me aside from when I'm craving an egg McMuffin or a McGriddle. I mean, the one time I actually tried a Big Mac, I _did_ think it had potential ... if it wasn't a McDonald's burger, because it reminded me why I never order any of their burgers pretty well.

@Fonze It's always baffled me that employers have anything but minimal expectations when they're offering minimum wage. You can't remotely live off of that, so the best you're going to get are either people who are just looking for a bit of extra spending money with little commitment to their jobs, or people who actually need whatever work they can get which likely means they're also working another job, meaning they're going to be lacking energy from the sheer amount of work they have to do.

And fast food work is pretty arduous, you actually need endurance to keep up with the workload and the customers. It's baffling to me that people think so poorly about those burger-flippers ... at least until I remember that the majority of those very people are the ones with the cushy jobs and no sort of economical trouble who can't stand the thought of anyone poorer than them having anything more than beans and rice and a cardboard box for shelter.