Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Green Herring

Community Chest Series Demos [-complevel 9]

On 3/11/2014 at 10:48 AM, Donce said:

Finally, the last batch of CC2 demos :)

This time I got involved in competition with my nephew, and he beat me every time :/

MAP25 NM speed in 2:33. Here my nephew started to seriously compete, and soon the real battle began. We literally spent thousands of attempts to reach the exit, and it became clear that the winner will be who finally manages to exit the map. And he was the first to do it, damnit :) Gene, I think you'll like this demo :)

cc2_3.zip

Donce, Just found this.  I Know, only 3 years late :{  outstanding  !  Wow!  Tough Map on NM and a kick ass time for it.  Thanks.

Edited by Searcher : spelling

On 31/12/2016 at 8:46 PM, Ancalagon said:

CC3 map28 max 4:55

c328-455.zip

1 hour ago, Veinen said:

CC2 map05 max in 11:11

c205-1111.zip

As a mapper, seeing your work utterly destroyed by the highest skilled players is the best.

Thanks to both of you.

Community Chest 2 MAP10 UV-Max in 2:52

Community Chest 2 MAP15 UV-Max in 31:56

Community Chest 2 MAP29 UV-Max in 7:44

(First time posting something like this, heh.)

cc2 10-15-29.zip

Edited by TheV1perK1ller

6 hours ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

(First time posting something like this, heh.)

Cool stuff! I'll ask you to do one more thing though. Write textfiles for the demos and add them to the archive! I know, I know, more hassle, but they're greatly informative. Check any of Veinen's demos here for example, borrowing other people's templates is greatly encouraged and it eases the job for newcomers.

2 hours ago, dew said:

Write textfiles for the demos and add them to the archive! I know, I know, more hassle, but they're greatly informative.

Yeah, sorry I forgot to provide it. I usually do when I submit demos for the DSDA, but I forgot to in this case. My bad :P

Anyway, I have updated my post above to include the text file. I hope it contains all the necessary information. Thanks for the head-up!

2 hours ago, PjSpartacus said:

Hey Viper welcome to the Forums! I enjoyed watching your Bloodstain series on youtube.

Thanks, mate! I will eventually post some demos for Bloodstain in the future.

I should've became a member earlier - the people here seem very easy going.

TheViperKiller, it's a good idea not to mix submissions in threads and directly to DSDA in the same week for a given wad. That can be confusing. But anyway, pretty amazing volume, and I hope it keeps up.

2 hours ago, rdwpa said:

TheViperKiller, it's a good idea not to mix submissions in threads and directly to DSDA in the same week for a given wad. That can be confusing. But anyway, pretty amazing volume, and I hope it keeps up.

Sorry about that, I think I'll just stick to contacting Andy directly. I'll apologise to him, too.

19 hours ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Sorry about that, I think I'll just stick to contacting Andy directly. I'll apologise to him, too.

I think it's preferred by most people that you post demos in the forums rather than to Andy directly, so people can see the activity and files more easily.  Everything gets swept up by Andy from here, so it doesn't affect the entering into dsda itself.  It's also a convenient instant mirror in case anything happens with the files.  It's up to your preference though of course.

5 hours ago, kraflab said:

Everything gets swept up by Andy from here, so it doesn't affect the entering into dsda itself. 

Yeah, I wasn't aware that Andy uploads demos which were already on forums, man do I feel dumb. If it works better for everyone else, especially Andy, then I'll just share my demos for all to see instead of what I was doing before. Saying this, I have a few demos for the first Community Chest:

Community Chest Map 21 UV-Max in 15:11

Community Chest Map 28 UV-Max in 6:40

Community Chest Map 28 UV-Speed in 2:40

cc21 28 28.zip

On 6/11/2017 at 7:28 AM, TheV1perK1ller said:

Whew, nearly went insane after doing this demo.

Community Chest MAP29 UV-Max in 1:08:20.

cc29-10820.zip

Great to see a demo of this map.  The author, Magikal, passed away in June just after this mapset came out.  So, nice tribute to him.  He would be proud.

He did map 6 and map 29 in that CC mapset.

The link to the announcement of his passing no longer seems to work:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=342637#post342637

Unless there is an archive of those old posts that I have not yet found.

Kevin/Magikal has another huge map called industrl.wad  If you need another huge challenge.

The post exists, but old-style links don't work, unfortunately.

The following video explains why he called himself Magikal...

This was on a primetime TV show in the UK at the time; millions of people would have watched this.

Did I say this map should be finished under 90 minutes? Neven f-ing mind! Man, I totally can't imagine running through this map twice, which someone just did. Yeah, again, I used the most conservative way to do this. That's why I stood in the lava and fight that center spiral Cyberdemon and wasted 480 cells. However, I'm quite satisfied about my planning because I almost used all the things I can get in this map... Well, I guess I don't want to watch this thing by myself. Now, leave me alone (no, I mean, talk to me ;P).

A little thing: I used IDDT to find the last 10 monsters before going to the last room. In the mine sweeper room, it was 1302/1337, and it should be 1312/1337. It's funny that I strafe runned through all the lines in room but they didn't open up. Then I walked through them again, and they opened up.

Demo:

cc29-15223.zip

On 6/13/2017 at 7:25 AM, TheV1perK1ller said:

I have a few demos for the first Community Chest:

Community Chest Map 28 UV-Max in 6:40

Community Chest Map 28 UV-Speed in 2:40

cc21 28 28.zip

I love to see my maps shredded.  Great job!

@Grazza  Thanks for linking to that video.

On 6/16/2017 at 2:57 AM, Grazza said:

The post exists, but old-style links don't work, unfortunately.

Is the thread starter,Rich J Sham? has he passed away too?... 

Of course, it is incredibly sad to mourn the loss of these two individuals. I'm sure that they are greatly missed. I hate to be the one that strays from this discussion, but two more demos for CC.

MAP25 UV-Max in 7:25

MAP30 UV-Max in 0:47

cc25-725.zip

cc30-047.zip

A further nine (yes, nine) demos for CC1:

MAP14 UV-Max in 1:37

MAP15 UV-Max in 10:30

MAP18 UV-Max in 8:05

MAP19 UV-Max in 7:28

MAP22 UV-Max in 5:14

MAP24 UV-Max in 3:42

MAP26 UV-Max in 13:14

MAP31 UV-Max in 2:45

MAP32 UV-Max in 8:34

All are done with -cl9 except for MAP22, which had none.

Cchest demos.zip

Good Solid runs in this batch of cc demos as well.  Shredded a couple more of mine.  :) Nice Job!

Yet even more demos for CC1, a total of eleven this time around:

MAP01 UV-Max in 3:41

MAP02 UV-Max in 2:20

MAP03 UV-Max in 1:34

MAP04 UV-Max in 2:41

MAP09 UV-Max in 4:24

MAP10 UV-Max in 8:06

MAP11 UV-Max in 2:08

MAP12 UV-Max in 15:27

MAP13 UV-Max in 14:17

MAP16 UV-Max in 3:27

MAP17 UV-Max in 2:41

*All were recorded with - cl9*

Phew, only seven maps to go!

moar demos.zip

54 minutes ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Phew, only seven maps to go!

Oh god, it takes me 5, 6 hours to come up with a decent enough run. How can you make so many... Wait, do you days have 50 hours? ;P

8 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

Oh god, it takes me 5, 6 hours to come up with a decent enough run. How can you make so many... Wait, do you days have 50 hours? ;P

Haha! I've played through this WAD numerous times now, I also quite have a lot of free time available to do demos at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Ancalagon said:

wtf casually dumping 11 demos.

I have a lot to catch up on, lol. Like I said in the above post, I have more than enough free time to post demos. I need to slow down, I know.