Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AIRmichael

Final ending ( real final after boss defeat:p )

The doom guy finishes the demons and closes the hell gate. Then he comes home again, and his grandma has a coffee with crackers ready for him. She puts doom guy in bed and she kisses on his head and says, good night sweetie. Then the list of employees of id-software shows up. The End.

Hehe seriously, what kind of ending do you want to have?

Becoming a martyr !

The final boss guard the portal which is open to Mars. His death allow you to finaly destroy the portal, but doing so, you could never go back home.

Doom IV, how you will come back home. But it's a nozor story =)

I don't know....if this is a retelling of the original Doom, then shouldn't it have the original's ending? Just a thought.

Heh, but then they'd be pretty much tied to making a remake of doom2 as well.

As for an ending I want... I want a good one, that I don't find out about in advance.

Being a retelling of Doom 1 doesn't necessarily mean that they will make an identical-to-Doom 1 ending. They might not even make an ending that's anything like the old one. (I don't want a Doom IV dammit!)

A thought on a possible ending is: You beat the big badass in the end and somehow reverse the effect so that you get sucked back onto Mars.
Maybe a bit short, but if the ending cutscene is done right, then it could end up being rather cool.

DooMBoy said:

I don't know....if this is a retelling of the original Doom, then shouldn't it have the original's ending? Just a thought.

I'd like to keep some parts of the original story end. The doomguy enter the portal and comes back to Earth on a grassy field and sees all the cities destroyed and a 3d bunny head on the sick :) The camera zooms on the DG's face to see that he's getting really, really mad. Reloading his pistol, he heads towards the flaming city and the credits starts rolling with black and white picture of the greatest, scariest moments of doom1.

The portal remains open and your victory is hollow... Unless you can knock out the invisible co-boss, in which case you can go from the regular map into the inverted map, and have to plumb the depths (heights?) of Inverted Hell before breaking into the Inverted Mars Base and fighting the real final boss for the "good" ending. ;)

After defeating the balrog and narrowly escaping through the portal as it was being destroyed, the Doom guy gets back to Mars relieved and mentally shattered. He receives some hallucination about the invasion only just beginning, and faints from exhaustion. Through a window the city shows signs of destruction and the sky is on fire.

Basically the Doomguy is oblivious to the fact the job isn't finished, and worse is to come.

well i think that Doom 3 should have more that one ending like maybe endings.

1-good+good
2-good+medium
3-medium+medium
4-medium+bad
5-bad+bad

the ending depends of how did you beat the game... the bad+bad ending should be the one that Darkstalker
said. :)

Lord FlatHead said:

Anything but that stupid RTCW ending.

You mean the "IJUSTKILLEDTHEEASIESTBOSSEVERANDNOWIAMONVACATIONBUTIAMACTUALLYJUSTSHOOTINGGERMANSBECAUSEIHAVENOPERSONALITYIAMAMACHINE" ending? :)

Shaviro said:

You mean the "IJUSTKILLEDTHEEASIESTBOSSEVERANDNOWIAMONVACATIONBUTIAMACTUALLYJUSTSHOOTINGGERMANSBECAUSEIHAVENOPERSONALITYIAMAMACHINE" ending? :)

I'm quite positive that's exactly what he meant... When I got to that point it almost made me wish I didn't return to Castle Wolfenstein...

I'm still not convinced that Doom III will really be the final DooM game, so the ending could be something like this:

Congratulations! You've defeated all evil, Hell is officially out of business and not even a flicker of "dark light" remains...

But you eliminated pretty much all of life in the process, and God is very, very pissed...

UNTIL THE NEXT GAME... DooM IV: Hell in Heaven

scorpion said:

Congratulations! You've defeated all evil, Hell is officially out of business and not even a flicker of "dark light" remains...

But you eliminated pretty much all of life in the process, and God is very, very pissed...

UNTIL THE NEXT GAME... DooM IV: Hell in Heaven

Rofl, yeah and in DooM IV you fight evil angels instead of Hell spawn :-P

After he gets back from Hell after defeating literally hundreds of demons, he has to face his greatest threat yet: tons of lawsuits from UAC for breaking "their" portals.

Ichor said:

After he gets back from Hell after defeating literally hundreds of demons, he has to face his greatest threat yet: tons of lawsuits from UAC for breaking "their" portals.

A bullet in head seems more natural from a corporation of that big with this very circumstance !

IMJack said:

The portal remains open and your victory is hollow... Unless you can knock out the invisible co-boss, in which case you can go from the regular map into the inverted map, and have to plumb the depths (heights?) of Inverted Hell before breaking into the Inverted Mars Base and fighting the real final boss for the "good" ending. ;)

Heh, like Castlevania: SOTN? :)

WhilelM said:

A bullet in head seems more natural from a corporation of that big with this very circumstance !

I'd like to see someone try to kill the doomguy - and the following morning, the remains of the doomguy's assailant(s) is returned to the UAC in several small black bags >:-]

dsm said:

I'd like to see someone try to kill the doomguy - and the following morning, the remains of the doomguy's assailant(s) is returned to the UAC in several small black bags >:-]

I dont want the doomguy to die lol.

There's a crack in the ground. A green flash of light shimmers out of the crack and DoomGuy climbs out with scratches, scars, mud and brimstone all over him. A single flute is playing in the background to symbolize he was the only person to escape Hell. DoomGuy dusts himself off and spits the blood out of his mouth, he's got a huge toothless grin on his face, untill he looks up. Buildings are on fire, people are in flames and their skin is melting off, zombies are being resurrected and they charge a first line of soldiers and tackle them to the ground. There are screams and crying in the air, a bunny head lays impaled on a jagged piece of rock, the rehashed Epiclore Doom ending theme is playing. Through the whole game, the chaos, death and destruction never made DoomGuy weep once, but at this moment he sheds a tear and it rolls down to his chin. He just sucks it up though and he ties the bunny head to his belt, he puts a clip into his pistol, then he runs into battle and jumps into the air where the clip freezes (like at the end of Wolfenstein.) The picture slowly turns black and white, then fades into dark blankness. The credits roll playing a remade version of one of the more popular Doom level themes.

Coopersville said:
DoomGuy dusts himself off and spits the blood out of his mouth, he's got a huge toothless grin on his face...

Why would it be toothless? He's wearing a helmet that protects his face (his whole head actually), so why on Earth would he be toothless?

the rehashed Epiclore Doom ending theme is playing.

Oh no, please no, that ending theme sucked hard - only part of the whole track that was bad. I hate whining guitars.

I dont want the doomguy to die lol.

Heh, I was kinda insinuating that nobody is bad enough to take on the doomguy.

The guy that tried to bag the doomguy is returned to the UAC in body bags, not the doomguy, 'cause he's too much of a badass >:-]

the rehashed Epiclore Doom ending theme is playing.

Oh no, please no, that ending theme sucked hard - only part of the whole track that was bad. I hate whining guitars.

Heh, I personally liked that part of the song. Finished the medley off nicely IMO.

Why would it be toothless? He's wearing a helmet that protects his face (his whole head actually), so why on Earth would he be toothless?

He may not have the same uniform design as he did in the previous games, it might not come with a helmet, not one that maskes his face perhaps. If he does, it could of been smashed by a demon, it could of melted in the fires of hell or it was just too hot to keep on anymore. In the E4 ending scene he doesn't have a helmet on.

Coopersville said:

He may not have the same uniform design as he did in the previous games, it might not come with a helmet, not one that maskes his face perhaps. If he does, it could of been smashed by a demon, it could of melted in the fires of hell or it was just too hot to keep on anymore. In the E4 ending scene he doesn't have a helmet on.

AiRaid put it nicely enough, so I shan't say the same thing, but apart from that I don't want the doomguy to end up looking like a toothless old man.

Look, he's the main character in the game. Of course he won't die. (Unless, of course, you suck.)
The fact that the engine would actually BE ABLE to show him with a few teeth knocked out is another matter...