• Elephantman
    • Dune
    • Blue Velvet
    • Wild at heart
    • Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
    • Lost Highway
    • Straight story
    • Mulholland Drive

I saw the Elephant Man a couple of weeks ago.
A very impressive film. A type of film that keeps haunting your head for days 'n days after you saw it. Very sad too.. I don't think I've ever seen one of the others, so I picked the Elephant Man. Anthony Hopkins was superb in that movie.

I haven't seen all of these unfortunately, but I voted for Blue Velvet. The ending kinda annoyed me though, I thought the symbolism was just way too blatant.

Lost Highway is interesting once you figure out wtf is going on, but it's still flawed. The actor who takes over for Bill Pullman in the middle of the movie just isn't that great. It's got some lines in it that just stick with you, though ("and WTF is your name?!","this is where 1400HP pays off", etc)

I thought Dune was entertaining, but that's about it. Not exactly Lynch's shining moment. I liked the sandworms in this one a lot better than the ones in the Sci-Fi mini-series. The Bene-Gessert being bald, though? WTF!

The Straight Story is very good, and it's even G rated! *gasp* (it might be PG, I dunno) It's not really what people expect when they think David Lynch...

I only saw Dune and Lost highway, I think. So I voted the latter, a good movie.

I voted for Dune, because it's the only one I ever saw. Still, I thought the series was better because there's just way too much to explain in the book for it to fit in the movie.

JavaGuy said:

I voted for Dune, because it's the only one I ever saw. Still, I thought the series was better because there's just way too much to explain in the book for it to fit in the movie.

Same...well the movie is still a classic though.

Need to see some of these others as well, 'specially Lost Highway...

Just a tip: Do not watch Tp: FWWM before the series. You'll have absolutely no idea what's going on.