Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eradrop

SkyBox for sharing with the community

Hello Everyone,

You have been looking for animated Skybox = you got it.

I'm just polishing the skyboxes and uploading the whole pack for you

2SK1.png

Edited by Eradrop

Wow this skybox looks really amazing and surreal. I can't wait to see the animated version in-game. Good job.

After a while, I finally got finished the small Animated skybox pack...

Clouds scrolling

1SK24.png

Asteroaids falling

2SK11.png

Lightnings strikes

3SK11.png

Smoke from factory chimneys

4SK40.png

How to use those skies properly with boom.

Two steps:

Step one:

Add those skies to your wad and use the ANIMDEFS lamp, and just like you make liquids, do it with the sky sprites.

Step two:

In your map make a demi sector and brush the "Lower", "Middle" and "Upper" with the sky texture and make the linedef tag 271.

Each sky has 64 sprites, you dont have to use all of them, but remmember, as more as you use sprites, the sky animation will be smoother

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cpfno5v5ups81qm/Animated+SkyBox.zip

* If you do not understand my explanations, you are always welcome to ask me in private :)

Edited by Eradrop

I finally got around to testing the animated skyboxes - HOLY SHIT THEY ARE AMAZING! I'm a bit upset that nobody else took the time to comment, because wow, these are amazing. I may be using these in a few of my maps very soon :P

0ce26c1d91e5d094695701483c413590.gif

It's really good to see other people using that, I dont really looking for comments, I'm just having fun making stuff for people in the community

Here is a little sample of a new skybox pack I'm working on.

Sky03.png

Sky32 - 5.png

Edited by Eradrop

This is some cool stuff. Might use this in my personal mod. 

Excellent Stuff man! Skybox always made the game feel different each time i see a new one!

You should make more of these, they look awesome.

How long does it take you to make an average sky texture?

If you have a single sky, or small amout of skies, you can post here...

But if you got a large sky pack and you're planing of publishing more you better make your own thread for your stuff.

Uni: if it's a simple sky with clouds only it would take no longer than half an hour, but skies combined with mountains and source light would take hour, 2 hours...

Holy cow, you have a fantastic talent! I'm especially impressed with the underground one. Reminds me of the lush background one might see in one of the Donkey Kong Country games :)

Oh wow! The lightning effect looks superb in general and the sky itself really fit the style and mood of the map. Together it looks great, well done!

On 4/28/2017 at 1:44 PM, Eradrop said:

How to use those skies properly with boom.

Any chance you can make some of these into "true" skyboxes - six-sided cubes? In this way they can be used in source ports that support such skyboxes (e.g., GZDooM), which eliminate the stretching and color-fading at the apex of the skies.

Very nice skies, by the way. Thanks for your efforts.

Just to say I really appreciate you making classic skies since there's no shortage of sky boxes from other games and communities. That said no reason not to Sky box these too, but don't forget about the classicists :)

On 8/30/2017 at 11:43 AM, Remmirath said:

[Video here]

@Eradrop's animated lightning sky works well on my brutalist concept

This would look even better if ZDoom's "lightning" effect via MAPINFO can be synced to the lightning strikes.

@Eradrop: Why not both apocalypse skies?

I like the red one, but feel like the grey might be too grey. It seems like the standard Doom textures are mostly grey and brown, so a grey sky might not pop like the other skies do.

My personal favorites so far are the caveworld, and the asteroids falling. They're all amazing so far and I really look forward to seeing how people use them in maps!