Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrDeAD1313

Quake soundtrack is being released on vinyl

Quake has one of the scariest soundtracks I've ever heard in a game. Reznor has always been regarded as brilliant, but it's amazing that he had the artistic know-how since the early stages of his career. 

I'm looking forward to hearing the soundtrack in a fuller analog reproduction, even if sadly I no longer own a record player. Still, having a vinyl album with a big Quake logo on the front of it would be kind of cool.

I'm a little worried since I'm presently including OGG rips from the original CDROM in Dimension of the Boomed, and I was hoping to sweep the whole 'possible copyright infringement' under the rug due to the 'abandonware' nature of the OST. (A modern player who downloads Quake from Steam, basically has to go to Quaddicted or similar site to find the soundtrack, and then install a sourceport that will loop the tracks properly.)

Oh well, maybe I should email Mr Reznor and ask for permission.

Reznor doesn't care if you steal his music, he's been ambivalent at worst for a long time. 

10 hours ago, Urthar said:

I'm a little worried since I'm presently including OGG rips from the original CDROM in Dimension of the Boomed, and I was hoping to sweep the whole 'possible copyright infringement' under the rug due to the 'abandonware' nature of the OST. (A modern player who downloads Quake from Steam, basically has to go to Quaddicted or similar site to find the soundtrack, and then install a sourceport that will loop the tracks properly.)

Or they can buy Quake from GOG.com which includes the full lossless soundtrack :P

4 hours ago, Viscra Maelstrom said:

I dont see anyplace to put an order, where do you do that?

Note to self: Don't try to order things online while under the influence.

This is what I did.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00080LSOY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497296940&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=quake+soundtrack&dpPl=1&dpID=41Wle4wE9OL&ref=plSrch

Sorry about that. 

It's still listed as "coming soon" on the store at nin.com - I think it will only be on sale from there, at least at first.

I'd say so too. Don't know what made me think that was the right item in the first place. Again, no shopping while I'm drinking..