Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BobFromReboot

Music Tracks Needing Completion

Hello, I am a musician willing to complete the music tracks listed at http://freedoom.soulsphere.org/music-duplicates.shtml I just need to know if this list is up to date or actually smaller. So far I have 2 tracks almost done.

Once this is cleared up, I will also just need to know where I would submit anything, and in what format. I've been doing a bit of reading, and know about .mus files but I've also read that since a certain version of doom that .mid files are okay.

Thank you.

EDIT: Here are a the tracks in their current forms. I plan on doing some more ambient tracks. I will be mixing things up. Let me know what you think.

Track 1
Track 2

EDIT 2:Since there aren't any replies I'm going to just keep making more music in my spare time. We can figure out what levels they should be on later. If anybody has anything to say about this though, at all. Maybe some suggestions, maybe "That doesn't sound doomy enough", maybe some "requests" for certain levels.

I plan on posting everything right here when I have final versions done. Just be sure that you agree to the freedooms bsd license and that everything you're submitting is 100% original.

Please don't use what I have already sent those are unfinished, I am doing a batch of six songs to start including those I have showed to give an idea what my style is. Of course I am taking longer than I originally anticipated but as soon as all six are done I will upload them and post them here for use in Freedoom.

I will PM you my details.

Hi all, sorry for the necrobump/double post combo. I would like to apologize for sort of disappearing. I didn't forget about this project, I just had some stuff going on in life.

I'd love to resume my work, I just need to know... How far along has the music come since I was last here? I went through the two main wads, and it seems there are still duplicates? Is there a new list that I can reference?

Duplicates are literally gone. 1 or 2 remains atm. 

C1M5 and C2M6 use the same track, but plans are to use jupiter_ex's track for C1M5, which is finished just needs to be added to the repo.

Map02 and Map25 use the same track by mistake :P

FreeDM too has no duplicates last I remember. It still needs better music though.

Alright, I'll go ahead and polish the tracks I've already one over the next couple weeks, then submit here. If you think there is a better thread to discuss Freedoom music (I see two other music threads on page 1) let me know.

BTW just thought I'd compliment the badassness of map21's music in Freedoom 2.

8 minutes ago, BobFromReboot said:

Alright, I'll go ahead and polish the tracks I've already one over the next couple weeks, then submit here. If you think there is a better thread to discuss Freedoom music (I see two other music threads on page 1) let me know.

BTW just thought I'd compliment the badassness of map21's music in Freedoom 2.

Your music, your thread. Lots of musical contributions these days though :/

Mogul's map21 music is badass isn't it?

Anywho, looking forward to what you'll make.

Damn it, so many musical contributions these days >.<

Most of these tracks need more variety and be less repetitive, for starters.

If you can expand your tracks into something better, here are the possibilities.

FreeDM

Doom3, Doom4, Doom6

Phase 1

Doom7

Phase 2

Doom5

Agreed, I consider each of these only about 15% complete in terms of length and variety.

On the side, I've started to make some brightmaps for textures/flats, so it's not like music is the only progress being made haha.