Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

Method's dk06-219 for darken misses one chaingunner (time is 2:16 despite the filename so this is correct)

Edit. Same chaingunner missed by TendaMonsta in his -fast demo!

Edited by vdgg

It appears that the versions of stationx on DSDA and /idgames are different. Ryback's demo was evidently recorded on the former, so downloading both wad and demo from DSDA gives correct results, but still a bit unfortunate for users who get wads from /idgames then later go to look up demos after playing them... not sure what (if any) action should be taken but I thought it worth a post :)

FWIW the differences are, the /idgames version has later timestamps, and an extra secret area (sector 77 is split into 3, adds a flashing light and a secret door, increasing total secrets to 5)

33 demos this week.

vdgg: Fixed. Thanks!

RjY: Since I started separating incompatible versions (no more 'old' WADs) I no longer host those that don't have demos for them.

CrazyDoomguy's max of revbfeld.wad, which is a TAS, is not marked as such on the DSDA table (although the zip name has been changed to reflect that it is). 

Edited by rdwpa

21 demos this week.

rdwpa: Fixed. Thanks!

Regarding the controversy about two-key SR50: it's been in place since at least January of last year and was made optional three months later in an unofficial patch, yet it doesn't get significant notoriety until over a year later, after thousands of demos may or may not have been recorded using it? Sounds like a non-issue to me. Call it the new normal and move on.

All that arduous job of gradually adding -complevels to older demos (ruinbros last week) doesn't get unnoticed :)

63 demos this week.

All fixed since last update.

vdgg: Thanks for noticing. I've been normalizing file names and adding complevels off-and-on for a while now.

Thanks for the upload. I edited the my post in BTSXE1, so I now have a 5:53 UV -Max on Map05, and please remove the 6:04 one.