Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcesHigh

DOOM GAME MUSIC WITH REAL INSTRUMENTS!! (fucking amazing heavy metal!!)

ok guys.... this is nothing short of an amazing medley with DOOM musics played by a real heavy metal band...

Originally posted by White man
A Finnish band called Epiclore has combined some tunes from the game and recorded a medley. Download it on their website. You can find the song in the "MP3" section.

http://epiclore.cjb.net/

the name of the file is Epiclore-Knee Deep in Doom.mp3

how come no one replies??? I hope you guys at least download it!

its DOOM music (those midis you are used to listen) but played with real instruments... guitars, bass, drums, etc!!

hehhee, sorry dude. I am used to post on the Iron Maiden Bulletin Board, wich is one of the busiest BBs on the internet... (main forum has 339,000 posts and 16,000 threads... only because 2/3 of the old posts were deleted last month!)

AcesHigh post 1 @ 10-11-02 00:19

AcesHigh post 2 @ 10-11-02 00:38

AcesHigh said

"how come no one replies???"

ravage said

"give us time."

Indeed!

If I had spotted your post (AcesHigh) immediately, and started DLing right away, I wouldn't even have had the file by the time you posted a second time.

My connection sucks™.

magikal said:

Iron Maiden? Is Janik Gers still guitarist?

Yup. Unfortunately. But as you may know, Blaze Bayley was kicked out and both Adrian Smith and Bruce Dickinson rejoined Maiden and the band (now with 3 guitars) recorded Brave New World (awesome album, best since 7th Son), and went into a massive tour that ended at ROCK IN RIO show, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil, at January 2001, in front of 250.000 fans, in wich they recorded one of the best musical DVDs ever called Rock In Rio (duh :) ), wich you can find on your local store or on your local Kazaa :) and its really worth your money or your download time!!!

CyRaptor said:

Heh, this is pretty cool. Worthy of my Doom mp3 folder for sure.

Thanks Aces.

now... whats this story about DOOM MP3 folder???? Do you have other mp3s of DOOM??? Yer talking about other bands playing DOOM music with real instruments?

AcesHigh said:

Yup. Unfortunately......

Oh well, it's just that I know that dude, he's from my home town.

I just downloaded this Shizo. I think it's cool, I just wish they hadn't added the background noises. But other than that it's pretty awesome.

Aces high......Heh, The Trooper is better :P
Janick Gers isn't that bad :P

Magikal, you know Janick Gers? Cool :D

Upon Downloading this...I agree, this is pretty good. What is the last song they cover in the medley though?? I didn't recognise it :|

YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!
At long last a track that includes a remix of "Intermission from Doom" - I've waited forever for a remix of this awesome track.

This track rocks big time! I think it's long enough though - it isn't a meager 1:30 track.

I downloaded this from somewhere more than a month ago. This song fucking rules I must say. And another funnny thing is is that this song was just playing as I clicked on this thread.

The "Running from Evil" remix bit is how the original track should've been.

guys, although I love DOOM music it was a long time ago I last played DOOM... so I dont know the name of each song and wich level it is originary from.

So... can any of you do me a favor and list the songs in that MP3?

example:

1:35 "Running from Evil" - E1M1
2:24 "Sacrilege" - E2M2

of course, that was just an example, i dont know the name of the songs or their levels...

Decent music, but why all the stupidly mixed-in sound effects? :(

Btw, the guitarist didn't get the At the Gate of Doom drills correctly.

AcesHigh said:

guys, although I love DOOM music it was a long time ago I last played DOOM... so I dont know the name of each song and wich level it is originary from.

So... can any of you do me a favor and list the songs in that MP3?

example:

1:35 "Running from Evil" - E1M1
2:24 "Sacrilege" - E2M2

of course, that was just an example, i dont know the name of the songs or their levels...

Check here which also lets you download the Doom tracks in mp3 format. Check out the TNT ones as well, I did those ^_^

Fredrik said:

Decent music, but why all the stupidly mixed-in sound effects? :(

I think for the people who played doom tooooooo long ago to remember the music ;)

Aces:

0:22-1:33 "Running from Evil" - Doom II Map01
1:33-2:17 "Intermission from Doom" - Doom E2M3
2:17-3:10 "At Doom's Gate" - Doom E1M1
3:10-4:20 "Kitchen Ace (and Taking Names) - Doom E1M4
4:20-4:55 "At Doom's Gate" (Again)
4:55 "Sweet Little Dead Bunny" - Doom E3 ending cutscene

I can't find it. I went to the Mp3 section, but I didn;'t see the Knee Deep In The Dead song.. help? I wanna hear too..

Lost Soul said:

I can't find it. I went to the Mp3 section, but I didn;'t see the Knee Deep In The Dead song.. help? I wanna hear too..

They must be working on the site... it was there 10 earth minutes ago...?

Wel I just came back and already I see a new version so maybe that was it..

Well, now I see it, but I can't get it. I just get a message in another language. I right clicked, but I can;t get it that way either....

In another language? Maybe Finnish, since the band is from Finland, then I cant help, cuz Im brazilian and speak portuguese.

About the game sound effects being mixed together with the music I can only guess they did it that way so you would feel like playing the game while listening to the game´s music like it was supposed to be if they used digital sound in that time...