Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Werecat

Decent wads with no custom music?

I'm asking because I discovered dark ambient music packs, and I want to play more shit with them. Like, recently I played Doom 2 Reloaded, because I didn't know there's an official soundtrack wad in a separate download at an obscure location, but I totally didn't regret it.

Wads where the tracks were rearranged, but are still mostly/exclusively from the IWADs count as well.

Thanks.

You can use Slade or something like that to take out all the custom musics from a WAD, and you will be free from the limit. Probably off topic...

Some old good doom wads can be played without custom music because the music is separated of the main wad file : Hell Revealed , Requiem  , Memento Mori...

More recent wads don't use custom music : Ultimate Doom et Doom 2 the way id Did.

Legions of Hell 1 & 2

Spire Complex

Scimitar

Silhouettes of Phobos

Beyond Revival

Phobos3

The Experiment

Odyssey 1995 (don't try pistol starts here!)

Istanbul

Hell Run for Doom 1

Back to Hell

Back to Hell Episode 1 (for Doom 2)

Planet Hell

F_Episode 2

First SkullDemon`s Doom

Daniel Level Serie 01

Cleimos 2

Some of these might be a bit rough...

UnAligned also has no custom music, last I checked.

And can't you overwrite the music in a WAD by loading the music pack after the main WAD eg -file coolmapset.wad ambientmus.wad

I think the idea is that if the wad already has custom music, he might as well just listen to it instead of testing music packs.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm playing UnAligned right now, and I also tried Bloody Rust. The former is a little too artsy for me, and the latter seems to have unforgiving combat as one of its main gimmicks, but I'm not dropping them yet.

1 hour ago, Memfis said:

I think the idea is that if the wad already has custom music, he might as well just listen to it instead of testing music packs.

Yes.

If the authors cared about music, I'd rather not mess with their vision, unless I really dislike said music.

Edited by Da Werecat