Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nathan92

Doom redesigns v2

If there was a more horror-themed version of Doom to ever come out, it should definitely use these monsters. Not only do they remain faithful to the game, they manage to strike a perfect balance of flesh and metal, plus the imagery of Satanic perversion. At the very least, there should be at least sprite sheets done for these monsters, possibly for something like PSX Doom. 

Goddamn. 

Thanks so much for the support guys! Glad to see a lot of you recognizing what I was goin' for! 

Anyway, finished up the Icon of Sin the other day. Wanted to paint up like a literal icon, like those found in Byzantine art, instead of doing another strictly character-based piece. 

Doomguy is sketched up, should have him done before the end of the week!

UAC Hellgate Artifact No. 00D2_M30: Religious Tablet 

Shortly after the Marine made contact with the resistance, UAC procured an ancient stone tablet, depicting a demon shockingly close to the doomed soldier's first-hand account of the biggest demon he had ever seen. The following set of verses was inscribed on the back. 

1For it is commanded of my brethren- of Dis, of Pandemonium, of Erebus and Limbo- lay waste to thine Enemy's children and theirs. 

2O' Baphometh, Pantocrator! 

3The shores of Hell will run red with the blood of the Oppressor's kin, and their flesh shall be consumed.

-Baphometh Canticulum 

UAC Demonic Entity Log: 014- The Icon of Sin

After plunging into Hell itself to vanquish Earth's destroyer, the Marine lost all contact with UAC and the human resistance. Describing what he had experienced, the Marine told of a gargantuan demon dwelling inside Hell's Tower of Babel, larger than anything he had encountered prior. After he had relayed what he had seen to UAC, the research team noticed a connection between the Marine's story and an artifact the team had recovered months before. Seen in icons and hieroglyphs, the entity was described to lack an appropriate vessel body, instead attaching itself to the inside of the tower. It was said to have had a special mode of attack, different than any other of Hell's forces. Spawning from an exposed brain in the demon's forehead were what the team referred to as "Soul Cubes"- spectral containers housing the human souls of the damned, that upon impact with solid surfaces, erupt and transform into members of the demonic army. According to the marine's reports, demons often acted on their own accord, whether in cooperation with each other or not. Though in the presence of this monolithic devil, the demon horde acted in controlled unison. 

Some of the images on the first several pages are broken. You might want to reupload all the old stuff into a single album.

16 minutes ago, Glaice said:

Some of the images on the first several pages are broken. You might want to reupload all the old stuff into a single album.

Most of those have been reuploaded to pages 4 & 5 onto large compilation images, which seem to be working on my end. 

Regardless, these are some really interesting and grotesque (in a good way) redesigns of the Doom enemies. Are you planning to redesign Doom 3 enemies too?

6 hours ago, Glaice said:

Regardless, these are some really interesting and grotesque (in a good way) redesigns of the Doom enemies. Are you planning to redesign Doom 3 enemies too?

Thanks, much appreciated! 

Not at the moment, I've got a couple other big projects to attend to once this one's done with. 

If time allows, do you take requests? I'm absolutely curious how my avatar would look illustrated in your style, whether as a normally-sized picture or to forum avatar dimensions. Class up the joint a bit. :)

41 minutes ago, Job said:

If time allows, do you take requests? I'm absolutely curious how my avatar would look illustrated in your style, whether as a normally-sized picture or to forum avatar dimensions. Class up the joint a bit. :)

Mancubuse?

On 6/20/2017 at 1:24 PM, Job said:

Ha, not taking requests at the moment, as my plate is pretty full with client stuff for quite some time! 

Oh, also, the project is now under wraps, finished up the Doomguy last night! 

UAC Personnel Log: 0012_93- The Marine

According to recovered UAC Military personnel files, a marine was punitively sent to Mars for assaulting his commanding officer who had ordered his unit to fire upon civilians in a riot at UAC Earth Central. The marine, along with the rest of those stationed on Mars, were consequently posted to Phobos after the security request was granted following the Hell Gate's appearance. Assigned perimeter defense, the marine was left alone while the rest of the unit proceeded inside the Phobos base; they were killed shortly after their arrival. Audio and video logs have confirmed that the marine was responsible for clearing the two moon bases of their demonic captors with an almost inhuman sense of simultaneous brutality and precision. After being transported to Earth and then to Hell itself, the demonic forces were wiped out, and any stragglers were taken care of by the resistance or went into hiding.  

The personnel files at UAC Earth Central were found to be corrupted due to the damage the facility undertaken following the invasion. The lone marine's name is unknown, and when asked by Earth's resistance, the marine didn't know either. It is as if something fired off  in the man's brain from the shock of the invasion and the subsequent bloodshed and violence… perhaps a form of extreme PTSD. Based on post-invasion tests and therapy, this shock theoretically allowed him to block any human emotion, essentially snapping him to become a berserk killing machine. Though the marine didn't talk much, a name would frequently pop up during his therapy sessions; Daisy. Eventually, the marine cut off ties to the UAC completely, and was never heard from again.

Excellent job on this series, Nathan. My opinion is that some of them would be really cool as part of the "rotating backdrop" on the DW pages or included with any future DW themes.

WOW!!! These redesigns are simply fantastic - with the possible exception of the Spider Mastermind; the body is fine, but the head just looks silly, like it belongs in a 50s Z movie. Still, this is what the Doom 2016 bestiary should have looked like!

Someone ought to make a sprite replacement mod based on your artwork! :O

Edited by JohnnyTheWolf

On 6/13/2017 at 0:25 AM, Nathan92 said:

@kb1 My only plan for these was for them to be concept pieces, as I don't really have any experience with sprites or modeling. I love taking old games and redesigning charatcers and such. However, if anyone wants to ever take a crack at these, I'd be ecstatic! Someone on twitter has already took a shot at sculpting one of my Hellknights, and it looks pretty damn sweet!

Hey, no problem. That's too bad, though - I want to fight them! They're looking good!

15 hours ago, JohnnyTheWolf said:

WOW!!! These redesigns are simply fantastic - with the possible exception of the Spider Mastermind; the body is fine, but the head just looks silly, like it belongs in a 50s Z movie. Still, this is what the Doom 2016 bestiary should have looked like!

Someone ought to make a sprite replacement mod based on your artwork! :O

I definitely wanted to do something different than the 'invaders from mars'-based look of the original mastermind, but I figured it wouldn't gel with absolutely everyone. 

Glad you like the rest!