Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rifle Infantry

Doom 3: Depths of Evil [Community Project]

10 minutes ago, bonnie said:

@SArais boy howdy you sure love you some decorations

Well, atmosphere is half of a Doom map. Even if you have the best level design ever, giving it bland Doom Builder textures, even lighting, and Entryway's music is a sure way to kill it.

19 minutes ago, Rifle Infantry said:

Well, atmosphere is half of a Doom map. Even if you have the best level design ever, giving it bland Doom Builder textures, even lighting, and Entryway's music is a sure way to kill it.

i am simply making light of the fact that he listed 20 different sets of decorations for you to add friend, i know full well that decorations can make or break a level

sakes of variation; one isn't really necessitated to work with.

also if you're clever you use bits of map geometry in conjunction with peices of the decoration; so you get even more use out of it, commonly used to shunk torches and burning barrels into the floor for fires.

Edited by SArais

2 minutes ago, TheLastOttoman said:

Hi there, i have just one question: Will it be possible to use chocolate Doom to run the whole project?

Well,it uses udmf in zdoom/gzdoom,so it won't work in chocolate doom. 

10 hours ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Well,it uses udmf in zdoom/gzdoom,so it won't work in chocolate doom. 

To bad, need to downgrade the resolution and cap the framerate in GZDoom then.

Well, I'm redrawing map into something more better, but only on paper and project leader said nothing about if we can include some new textures. So, I'm still waiting. 

since this project is almost dead, ill wait for a few days for a respons if where still doing this, else am creating my own wad..

am sorry but this project almost killed my passion for mapping.. if there is no serious respons in the next few days, am stepping out of this project

1 hour ago, vincent0s said:

since this project is almost dead, ill wait for a few days for a respons if where still doing this, else am creating my own wad..

am sorry but this project almost killed my passion for mapping.. if there is no serious respons in the next few days, am stepping out of this project

Well,you shouldn't limit your mappig only for this project. That's how I do. I guess, this project failed and this is not the first time. 

I, like a few others, put my map for this project on hold since there was a discussion on adding a new set of textures. I don't feel like there was a conclusive stance on textures for the project. I'd like to return to this project should the project leader make a more conclusive statement regarding adding more textures.

41 minutes ago, dpstatic said:

I, like a few others, put my map for this project on hold since there was a discussion on adding a new set of textures. I don't feel like there was a conclusive stance on textures for the project. I'd like to return to this project should the project leader make a more conclusive statement regarding adding more textures.

Lack of response and activity is kiling projects. Nothing new. I'm still waiting,but I don't how much I can keep here. 

I'm in the same boat, there were still outstanding questions on the asset pack side of things so I haven't done anything yet.

@vincent0s Don't let one stalled Community Project spoil your enthusiasm, feel free to release your map stand alone, we'll all enjoy trying it out.

Id like to join the project too Seeing how cool it is 

Hopefully the project leader will respond to us, one day hopefully

First of all I'd like to apologize for the length of time spent without responses. The project has stalled quite a bit and I would love to get it running again.

From here on, I will vest texture-choosing ability in the mappers; pick whatever you want as long as it fits the 1995 aesthetic and doesn't clash with other textures in your map. Because maps submitted will be reviewed before being finalized, you will have the opportunity to edit your map and receive feedback on its design and texturing. I feel that this will be easier and more creative than asking for a certain texture pack every single time.

I am debating adding a Grenade Launcher to the content pack; possibly with a new type of monster equipped with it.

In addition, I'd like to request that somebody take the alpha version of MAP01 posted and improve it a bit. I am ultimately a better coder and organizer than I am a mapper; currently MAP01 looks rather rough and unfinished, and more justice could be done to its concept.

On 5/4/2017 at 3:56 AM, TheLastOttoman said:

Hi there, i have just one question: Will it be possible to use chocolate Doom to run the whole project?

Unfortunately not. Given that maps are expanded with freelook, polyobjects, and greater detailing, Chocolate Doom would not be able to run them effectively. It also can't utilize DECORATE to my knowledge; this would render any content-pack monster pointless.

14 minutes ago, Rifle Infantry said:

From here on, I will vest texture-choosing ability in the mappers; pick whatever you want as long as it fits the 1995 aesthetic and doesn't clash with other textures in your map.

nice, i waited 2 and a half months for a cop-out

on that note, i guess i'll officially leave this project. best of luck with the rest of it, i hope it turns out well friend. c:

I'd like to pose a question to all of you:

Would you approve of Strife-style dialogue appearing in Doom 3?

Just as an example, I have an idea for a "breather" map of sorts- perhaps a safehouse with a few marines able to talk, trade equipment, and give tips on secrets and such ("hey, my buddy died up ahead, but before that he located a cache of supplies, think you can reach it?"- such things).

If done right, it could be neat, but I am not convinced it would be really necessary or bring anything worthwhile to the experience. If anything, I am worried it might hurt the pacing - especially if it is unskippable.

Edited by JohnnyTheWolf

Well, if you want put some dialogues or cutscenes, they must be skippable, because not everyone is patient or have time for this :')

I'm going to rescind my claim on Map03 if there are other people interested.

A bunch of other stuff has taken my attention and I don't want to hold this up if it's getting momentum again.

I'll take MAP30. Will it be an icon-of-sin themed level boss or some custom monster? Could I use custom sounds and textures if it is a level boss to make it distinct from the icon of sin? If it is a custom monster, what monster or combination of monsters?

EDIT: Could I get a response from @Rifle Infantry?

Edited by Quantum Dranger

I have the map ready for the slot now

but i will give it once Project leader puts my name for map07

On 18/6/2017 at 1:39 AM, Rifle Infantry said:

In addition, I'd like to request that somebody take the alpha version of MAP01 posted and improve it a bit. I am ultimately a better coder and organizer than I am a mapper; currently MAP01 looks rather rough and unfinished, and more justice could be done to its concept.

i wish i can help with it but my gzdoom builder says that there is no map at all

Edited by Redead-ITA

We have found something that has somehow slipped our gaze, Marine.

It's a macabre demonic factory, where they're slaughtering us all in droves with twisted tortures and monstrous mutilation.
What little intel we have is that take the blood and remains to be used in the rest of hell.
If we can destroy it, we'll deal a decisive blow, and might be able to get the upper hand. Of course, it's of no consequence to you, you're the one man who's handed them their own asses more times than we can even begin to fathom.

Fittingly- whilst deciphering what their runes mean, all of us simply agree on calling this the "Gore Processing Facility."

Edited by SArais

I hate to say this, but I'm leaving this project for some private reasons. Sorry for this. I hope this wad will rise someday.