Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cacomonkey

Importing/exporting saves from one Gzdoom version to another - not possible, right?

I have some saves from Gzdoom 2.0 that I wish I could transfer to more recent versions like 3.1.0, but this is not possible, correct?  Just thought I'd ask in case recent builds or some new utility has been released that lets you do this.

I just tried to open some ZDoom saves in GZDoom 2.4, and it couldn't read them. So there's no guarantee. Give it a try and see what happens, but I'd put money down that says it won't work. :-\

The savegame format was completely changed between 2.2.0 and 2.3.0. You cannot transfer saves from older versions to current ones.

Normally it will take a long time until the saves have to be made incompatible, and with the new format they should be able to last a long time now.

Speaking of saved games, I noticed that GZDoom (v3.1.0a) still leaves a bunch of zds files in my main gzdoom directory when loading individual config files from another folder even though I have assigned a main saved games subdirectory in the inis.  It feels a bit redundant and since I like to keep my folders neat and organized, how can I prevent it from doing this?