Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Major Grit

DOOM on N64

I've played it and personally I like it. The new enemies were well designed, IMO that is, and the levels themselves are cool too. Plus, I really like the music, which is ambient sounds.

I own it and i like ít really much. Most of the new monsters are cool, but I didn't like the new imp though. And why did they have to change those lost souls, they are much more agressive in doom64, and they made also pain elemental harder, it spits two lost souls at same time instead of one. Because you can't save, you really learn to fear those monsters.

But what i most enjoy in doom 64 are the levels. They are designed about ten times better than those in doom2, and some of them even have 3d-floors. There are about five less good levels in it that include jumping or annoying traps, but the rest are great!

DOOM Anomaly said:

I really Want to get it or try it but I didnt have N64 when it came out and I can't find it now...

Wait for Elbryan42 and his team to finish their Doom64 TC - that'll be Doom64 with the ability to save your game (hopefully) and with good ol' keyboard controls.

I really liked it, the redone enemies was cool, the music was very moody for the levels (especially levels after level 10).

Hey I saved on DOOM 64. You can save you just have to have a Memory Card. Also I didn't like the way the New imps looked either. Also if you can't find a N64 check Funcoland or Gamespot they may have a N64 or doom. I got lucky and found it. But now I can't find the snes version of doom or Doom and Doom 2 for the playstation. If anyone has information please let me know thank you.

I saw someone playing it in the school library once on an emulator. The only console ports I have are the 32X and Saturn versions.

I thought it was excellent, but I wish they would've made the sprites better. Most of the enemies, save the revamped arachnotron and pain elemental (which actually looked better than the PC versions), looked really goofy IMO. I seem to be in the minority on this though.

Definitely worth getting though. I can't wait for The Absolution TC :)

I loved Doom64 but unfortunatly, i don't have it anymore, I do have doom and final doom on the playstation though. :)

dsm said:

Wait for Elbryan42 and his team to finish their Doom64 TC - that'll be Doom64 with the ability to save your game (hopefully) and with good ol' keyboard controls.

!!:D *Victory Dance* :D!!

Doom64 IS a great game. There are some great maps and some really nice lighting in particular, sounds are great too imo. In other areas however it's not quite up to PC Doom/Doom2, mainly control, monsters and variety of maps and mods.
Here in the UK you can pick up a N64 with Doom64 for £20, not bad.:)

i really liked the game.. but i have a question... why i can´t use cheats in the finals levels?

They probably programmed it that way so the game really would be hard at the end.

My friend rented Doom64 when it was still new. I thought it was going to be great. Now adays, I would've appreciated it, but back then I didn't enjoy it because I expected to have the old Doom feel, and we realized it didn't have multi-player, which is why we got it. In any case, the intro was really cool, and is why I wish there was a Coop map made to be sort of a war zone, where eight players go up against an army of monsters.

SlayeR said:

I'm the only one on this forum who hates the game, apparently.

Curiosity cannot be concealed: Why? The sprites? The controls? The feel? What?

I don't hate Doom 64, but I don't like a few things about it:

* Shotgunners and zombiemen are too similiar to each other.

* Mother demon? The thing looked like a bloody four-armed rat, it's a terrible monster design. Something that seemed more menancing and demonic, even if unoriginal still would have been better IMO.

* The sprites. I'm in two minds about them: some I like, others I don't. The Mancubus looks awful IMO, it doesn't really look grotesque like the Doom 2 one did, merely like some kind of rat-faced thing. The Nightmare Imp I didn't mind, but purple? Seemed a rather odd colour, but then again, that's just me.

I haven't played it, but apparently you will not survive the ultimate secret level, which I think is called "Heretic" or "Chaos" or something.

I used the cheat on the last level. Which cheat didn't work on the last level because all the cheats I used worked on the last level. Also I am wondering too what don't some of you like about the game ?

Major Grit said:

I used the cheat on the last level. Which cheat didn't work on the last level because all the cheats I used worked on the last level.

I'm pretty sure he meant you can't warp to the last level or secret levels using cheats. But you CAN use the cheats when you get to the levels or use passwords.

SlayeR said:

I'm the only one on this forum who hates the game, apparently.

Not the only one. I played it and was insulted at its audacious attept to 'improve' on the original game. the redesigned monsters are really stupid looking, and the level design reeks of quake. Overall it left a bad taste in my mouth. I will give the textures some credit, they look fine, and as far as a shooter goes its got gameplay, but it ain't Doom in any respect as far as i'm concerned.

Use3D said:

Not the only one. I played it and was insulted at its audacious attept to 'improve' on the original game. the redesigned monsters are really stupid looking, and the level design reeks of quake. Overall it left a bad taste in my mouth. I will give the textures some credit, they look fine, and as far as a shooter goes its got gameplay, but it ain't Doom in any respect as far as i'm concerned.

expect a rant and a HUGE ass flame from elby. youre in for it now....