Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Looking forward to Community Chest Megawad?

Ok Cool...

Wow this is becoming a big thread..three pages...

Kick ass!

When I finish my current map..I will pick another slot if one is still open by then.

Thanks goes out to "VolteFace" for all the hard work and time in getting the new website up and running, and it's up to date as well with all map assignments! Good job man! The open slots are there on the site, if you know of anyone that would like to contribute then invite them in. Let's fill those last few slots...visit the website at the following URL...

http://www.kwic.com/~junior/cchest/

Thanks guys! All of you out there are making this project a huge success, my hat goes off to all of you!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Hey Volteface your site is great! straight to the point and easy to navigate. Your map 31 looks pretty good. have u started 32 yet? With all this enthusiasm, seems to me that this meagerwad will become a megawad much sooner than expected.

Hey Cadman, just sent out the order for DeePsea! :-) bare in mind that it has been 4+ years since my last WAD, but I'll do my best getting the hang of it again... When SBS is quick and there are still unassigned levels, you'll hear from me again! ;)

scorpion said:

Hey Cadman, just sent out the order for DeePsea! :-) bare in mind that it has been 4+ years since my last WAD, but I'll do my best getting the hang of it again... When SBS is quick and there are still unassigned levels, you'll hear from me again! ;)

In the meantime, you could start on a map with the shareware version (as it'll only let you make small-ish maps) and then finish it off when you get the registered one. I say this because the slots are going fast, and there's only 5 left....

I now have ine VPO in my map...Its in the new lava section.

that area is the only place so far. and I hope to keep it that way.

well work on the map will continue later today.

Okay everyone, I only have the following slots available...

Map #19
Map #22
Map #28

That's it! Scorpion, if you want a map you better get one now. By the time you get your full version of Deepsea they'll be gone. Get the shareware for the time being and reserve a slot if you want to be a part of this project. Thanks everyone!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

VolteFace said:

OK, updated.

For those who want to see it, you can see it here:

http://www.kwic.com/~junior/cchest/

The site looks great! much more interesting to look at.

For the cwilv titles:

Map12 - No Tomorrow

Map13 - Another Dead Hero

Thanks!

Cadman said:

That's it! Scorpion, if you want a map you better get one now. By the time you get your full version of Deepsea they'll be gone. Get the shareware for the time being and reserve a slot if you want to be a part of this project.

Man, you guys are FAST! Seems like no time for me to get the hang of WADmaking again... So perhaps it's best to assign the rest of the maps to, let's say, Torn... He seems to have all the time in the world (JK Torn;) I'll be the 1st to shout me! me! me! when my wadmaking standards are up to date again;)

Good luck everyone with your maps, I look forward to it, as we all do!

Scorpion, we still would like for you to do a map. Okay, maybe it's been 4+ years but you know it really shouldn't be a problem. You've done it before and that's what counts. Let me know...

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Okay, someone asked about it earlier and so I'll attempt to open a IRC channel this evening after 8:00 p.m. The name of the channel will be "cchest". It'll be located on "irc.openprojects.net". All are welcome to discuss the project and just maybe we can fill the last few slots, who knows?

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

After the project is done...Maybe the next one could be like Epsiode 1
of Doom1 but for Doom 2.

Just a thought.

Cadman said:

Okay, someone asked about it earlier and so I'll attempt to open a IRC channel this evening after 8:00 p.m. The name of the channel will be "cchest". It'll be located on "irc.openprojects.net". All are welcome to discuss the project and just maybe we can fill the last few slots, who knows?

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

I'd like to go in there if I could, but I've never used IRC before and besides, I'd have timezone trouble. (I'm on BST)

BTW, thanks for all the map names, keep 'em coming! Currently, the following (assigned) maps are nameless:

map 04, 08, 09 (Bad Bob)
map 07 (Archvile 46)
map 24 (TornTheDark)
map 30 (RailGunner)
map 32 (VolteFace)

well, I think mine will get the name "Fight fire with fire" but i am not sure.

Xanthier said:

hey, when all the slots are filled on this mega-wad do you start a new one??

When all the slots are filled we make sure we get to completion asap, we aim to keep momentum to a conclusion. Then maybe...

It's one thing to fill all the slots of this project, it's another thing to actually complete it. That's the problem with many projects out there today. We will complete this one first and then "maybe" another one will start up. Then again maybe not, who knows?

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

That’s a good idea, but the next one will have completely different mappers

but i think we should concentrate on this one first ;)

I'm in no way concerned about another project here, got enough on my plate as it is...:) And there's always a chance that some of the mappers from this particular project may want to be involved with a future project, who knows? My main concern is to keep this one going and not letting it die out like many other projects have. My belief is that that project leader takes on a responsibility with any project, it's very important that he keep it going. If he doesn't say anything for a few weeks, no e-mail communication with the team and answering the questions then it dies a slow death. I have a real life as well but I allocate my time so it includes the issues dealing with this project.

This also includes the responsibilities of the WebMaster! And I know we don't get paid for all this but I'll tell you one thing I love doing it! Seeing the final product and how it all comes together makes it worthwhile, I do it because I love the game of Doom, it's still fun to play for me.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT
Doom2 GrandMaster (DHT5 Standards)

Cadman said:

I do it because I love the game of Doom, it's still fun to play for me.

Same here! Doom Forever!