Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

Greatest game hero!

I don't really have a favourite game hero. But if I did, I would probably say 'Alex Kid' from sega master system days, or the Doom man.
But I much prefer Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7 as a favourite game character. He's just so evil. What with Janova a calamity from the sky, and all that. IMHO :P

I can't say that it's the Doomguy, because he surely have unfinished busniess. It can be Duke for all I know :)

Either Megaman, who can steal enemy robots' weapons and use them himself, or the Mysterious Red Square.

Doomguy.
/me points at bodycount.

Another hero: Gordon Freeman.
Give a nerd with glasses a gun and just look what happens.
He transforms into some sort of Rambo.

Disorder said:

Another hero: Gordon Freeman.
Give a nerd with glasses a gun and just look what happens.
He transforms into some sort of Rambo.

That's what makes him ridiculous imo.

My hero? Well duh, I'm a hardcore doomer who is totally obsessed by every intimite detail of the game, so it's obviously the Doomguy for me.

Male Game Hero : Doom Guy
Female Game Hero : Lara Croft
Super Hero : Spider-man
Favorite Bad Guy: Heihachi Mishima ( Tekken )

I still have a spot in my heart for Sonic the Hedgehog.
Other than that, my favorite hero has got to be Cloud from FF7, because he's got a big sword and has no problem lopping people's heads off with it.

male: doomguy
female: samus aron, how did u guys forget her
villian: look at my screen name duh, sephiroth. however a new bad ass on my a list has to be pyrimid head from silent hill 2. come on what other bad guy goes around fucking monsters?

Ct_red_pants said:

I have a theory that doomguy is a descendant of Gordon Freeman.

Blashphemy!
What could possibly justify that theory? :-)

He's the main charater in Half-Life; a scientist geek who just arrived at some huge facility in the mountains where there was some kind of Doom-like experiment going on. All he did there was push some odd mineral or whatever into a big machine. Then everything went wrong (somehow they always do) and he found himself one of the few survivors.

Heihachi Mishima? Have you played Tekken IV? He's so fucking senile he forgets to get dressed.

Anyway... favourite game Hero would probably have to be Mario for his sheer track record.

As for enemies... i'm partial to Hayt De Vreis from 'Dune 2000'. The female slave/heartplug cutscene is lovely.

The first thing that came to mind was, of course, Mario. Next thing I thought of was Megaman, next was Banjo, next was Doomguy, next was Earthworm Jim.

Seriously, Mario is #1, because an Italian plumber is the farthest thing from what you would expect as a hero. Less image, more action.

Oh ! Sorry I am not much of a computer gamer. But I have heard of half-life I just never played it. I am more of a console player. Also spike heihache still rules ! Also I have and have played all the Tekken games.

Major Grit said:

Oh ! Sorry I am not much of a computer gamer. But I have heard of half-life I just never played it. I am more of a console player. Also spike heihache still rules ! Also I have and have played all the Tekken games.

Before anyone else tells you diffently, Half-Life is a straight-foward, one-path FPS which feels like one big level and has almost no secrets. Hence, it has pretty much no replayability value. There, you're set.

Well, most of the games I've played lately are emulated 2D fighters, so...

Heros: Moriya, Haohmaru, Terry Bogard

Villains: Setsuna, Zankuro

AndrewB said:

The first thing that came to mind was, of course, Mario. Next thing I thought of was Megaman, next was Banjo, next was Doomguy, next was Earthworm Jim.

Seriously, Mario is #1, because an Italian plumber is the farthest thing from what you would expect as a hero. Less image, more action.

True indeed, all those are great and Mario is definitely #1.

(But don't forget Samus Aran.)