Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enjay

Eager Beaver

I think this is pretty recent, and I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet.

John Romero, over at http://rome.ro/ has posted a picture of the Doom weapon that almost caused me to crap myself by laughing and simultaneously screaming a bunch of enthusiastic expletives when I first found it. Yes, our old friend, the chainsaw.

The page with the big pic and background info http://rome.ro/general_pic_archive_05.htm

bigbadgangsta said:

Fucking sweet!
/me saves image

BTW, I'd like to see the words DooM photoshopped onto the blade.

Tom is going to do something with it, probably sometime this year!

Maybe, just maybe... :-)

Coopersville said:

Neat, but wtf's so funny?

Its THE DooM chainsaw! Its not funny, Its cool!

Its THE DooM chainsaw! Its not funny, Its cool!

I almost caused me to crap myself by laughing

No, it's NEAT. It doesn't look much out that in the game though, IMO.

Coopersville said:

Neat, but wtf's so funny?

He he, when I said it almost caused me to crap my self laughing, it wasn't that the chainsaw was funny, it was the fact id had put a chainsaw in the game and let me hack hellspawn to pieces with it. That's funny, in a sick maniacal sort of way.

I remember the first time I found it. I was literally screaming at the computer, with tears rolling down my face. "My god, I've got a chainsaw, I've got a f*cking chainsaw" and I ran around the level with the fire button pressed desperately searching for the next bad guy.

Hey, it was a long time ago OK. I'd never seen anything like it in a game before.

Heh Enjay I had exactly the same response! I just laughed like crazy when when I first picked up that little beaver.:)

Ann was Tom Hall's girlfriend at the time and since she had a chainsaw (Most of us apartment-dwellers did not own a chainsaw!), she let Tom borrow it. Tom, um, forgot to give it back to her.....so........it's still around

Well, that's probably the reason why she isn't Tom's g/f anymore :-P

I hope that chainsaw is out of oil if Tom's ex-girlfriend ever finds out it's still there :p

Hey, that's one sexy chainsaw...

* myk drools

I bet it even was the main reason why Tom was Ann's boyfriend.

Actually it couldn't have said "eager beaver" in the game, cause you never see that part of it. Oh, BBG, doom is but one word, four letters though.