Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UglyStru

If you had to choose only 3 video games to play for the rest of your life...

...which ones would they be? (Mods are allowed).

1) Doom2, easy. So many WADs to play through, I'm pretty sure I would never get bored.

2) Path of Exile. So much to do, so much to grind, so much variety and customization. So much dev support.

3) World of Warcraft. Once again, so much damn content. I played heavily for a few months and think I only saw about 10% of what the game has to offer. I'd love to have more time to play it. 

Besides Doom, who needs second, wait, no, don't do this to me!

Talking about WoW, Chinese version and players are kind of... Therefore I quitted after WLK. I had been a guild master & raid leader & MT at the same time for several months, so I thought I'm probably done with the game. Still, you have to have schedule for a game is kind of stressful (I'm a 99% PvE player), and I found out that I like single player games more. Therefore, I don't play multiplayer games now unless board games count.

5 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Besides Doom, who needs second, wait, no, don't do this to me!

Talking about WoW, Chinese version and players are kind of... Therefore I quitted after WLK. I had been a guild master & raid leader & MT at the same time for several months, so I thought I'm probably done with the game. Still, you have to have schedule for a game is kind of stressful (I'm a 99% PvE player), and I found out that I like single player games more. Therefore, I don't play multiplayer games now unless board games count.

It seems like everybody I know played this game back in the WLK days. I played it for the first time during WoD... I missed all the good times. But I wanna play for the questing purposes and because I really like the lore behind it. I'm not big on 40-man raid night. My social autism gets the best of me. 

7 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

No Doom?? You are banished from Doomworld...

I've been Dooming since '93. You either get busy living or get busy Dooming. Remember to smash that like button and subscribe.

1) Doom 2 (surely I am having my favourite games in this list and The Ultimate Doom I like a bit more than Doom 2. However, Doom 2 has endless content, so I am sorry The Ultimate Doom, but I pick Doom 2.)

2) Deus Ex  (The best FPS RPG ever, in my opinion and there is a lot to choose in it, plus it has a great theme)

3) TES: Daggerfall (I can't imagine another game, with as huge a map, as Daggerfall. It is impressive even by today's standards and it puts to shame games with endlessly generated worlds. I AM LOOKING AT YOU NO MAN'S SKY!)

I think Doom 2 would be sufficient all by itself! :-P My next two favorite games are Hexen and Hexen 2, but there's not much out there for mods & expansions.

My problem is, I was homeschooled, so I didn't keep up on the gaming world until just a few years ago. I've heard a lot of good things about games like Bioshock, Skyrim, Serious Sam, etc., but I've never actually played them. Spent most of my childhood on strategy games like Age of Empires and Civilization 3. But I like FPS's a lot better. I've never played any such thing as a dungeon-crawler, an RPG, an open-world game, or anything on a console.

My siblings like to play CoD1 on the weekends, and they won't hear a good word said about Doom, 'cuz they're good Christians. :-(

Doom , Super Mario 64 and maybe ... Parasite Eve , a good Horror-RPG after all.

1. DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu

2. Mushihimesama

3. Doom

47 minutes ago, stru said:

Path of Exile.

Path of pathfinder, aka path of CI+VP, aka path of ES, aka Path of crit, aka path of double-dipping, aka path of AOE, aka path of projectile... Also otherwise known as path of clearspeed meta... And soon to come, just to add to path of projectile: path of lifenodes + VP + zerker... I used to speedrun that game before they made it path of casual...

• Unreal Tournament 2004. Load this game up with as much custom crap as possible. I don't need other players. My bot friends will keep me company.
  • Doom. Just like above. But this time I can make as much stuff as I want too. Spend all my life making TCs.
  • Civilization V. Probably the most addicting game I've played. I would play it vanilla, but eventually would mod the shit out of it.

doom, age of empires 2, and maybe terraria.

if I'm not allowed custom content for these games, I would probably just give up gaming and take up some stupid hobby.

Doom 2

Ultima Underworld

Knytt Underground

Hopefully I could lump Heretic together with both Doom games as a single entry (if not, there goes my modding career), and I could also count UU 1 and 2 as a single game. I might also swap Knytt Underground out for Daggerfall, but I'm not sure; it would be a real shame to lose either of them.

Doom II

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

SimCity 4

1 hour ago, stru said:

It seems like everybody I know played this game back in the WLK days. I played it for the first time during WoD... I missed all the good times. But I wanna play for the questing purposes and because I really like the lore behind it. I'm not big on 40-man raid night. My social autism gets the best of me. 

I played from the beginning and TBC and WLK. Yeah, the lore behind the game is very appealing. The thing was back then, you don't have monthly in Chinese WoW. They only charged you by game time, so most players just rushed through things. Then, there are a bunch of people can help training you from Lv. 1 to Lv. 60 in like one hour in TBC and WLK. Therefore, most players suck because they didn't put much time in the growth of their classes.

32 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

1. DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu

2. Mushihimesama

Well... hardcore choices. Once I liked bullet hell STG quite a lot, but I can't keep it due to lack of practice. Probably one day I should get back into it since Mushihimesama (such weird to type this in English ;P) is now easier to access.

Doom2, Thief, and Fallout 3: New Vegas  since all three are incredibly fun, can be modified, and have great community expansions/levels.

5 minutes ago, joepallai said:

Doom2, Thief, and Fallout 3: New Vegas  since all three are incredibly fun, can be modified, and have great community expansions/levels.

Oh crap, totally forgot about my second favorite Thief series, excluding Thief (2014). Therefore, I'll change my word... the second one I need is Thief...

1 hour ago, Piper Maru said:

Dead Space 2

Yuck, the original Dead Space was so much better. How can you pick this instead? You monster.

4 minutes ago, RUSH said:

Yuck, the original Dead Space was so much better. How can you pick this instead? You monster.

Because it makes us whole Issac.

Doom, and if I had to be more specific, Doom 2 with Zandronum, where I have 2 servers.

Neverwinter Nights.

Unreal Tournament 2004, where I also have a server.

I already live that way.

TF2, Doom 2, FTL.

35 minutes ago, RUSH said:

Dead Space 2 had the unspoken love triangle. Dead Space 3 had the actual love triangle among the living.

Doom 2 for the endless supply of content.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater for the awesomeness.

*Age of Empires II

*Edited after reading InsanityBringer's choices.  I LOVE this game. And ilovethemonkeyhead!

Man, i know Skyrim would be one, but i can't think of the others...maybe Doom 2 for the wads...Diablo II i guess...i don't know :/