Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elden4

Gzdoom launcher ?

dear fellows , as the title say I am looking for launcher focused only gzdoom .... I already have one that it is quite simple to use and have all the features I need   but it has several bugs ... does anyone else use or know about an updated version of this  launcher called gzdoom launcher 1.0 ? I found a link to the 1.1 version but it doesn't work.

I tried the zdoom launcher but I prefer this one... thanks for who can help!

If you're using windows you can use Doom Launcher:

It's not necessarily gzdoom specific but it will keep track of save games, screenshots, and statistics (kills, secrets) for zdoom and gzdoom.

Doom Launcher have many interesting features, but I using ZDL more than 7 years because it's minimalistic. Just drag and drop wads without all bells and whistles.

I heartily recommend Doom Launcher.  One of my favorite frontends, and very full featured.  The ability to just drag and drop a zip archive from the https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/ repository into Doom Launcher and have all the info fields filled out is sweet.  The author has been working out a few small bugs, along with adding a few more features, so look for version 2.6.0 soon.

thanks , I will take a look to the doomlauncher , but it would be great if someone could post a link to a more recent version of the gzdoom launcher!

Today I relased a GZDoom launcher that automatically downloads GZDoom.
This is the first version, so if you find some errors please report them to me.

In future i'll add new features like managing save files and adding WADs without move them to the IWADS/PWADS folder
Sorry for my bad english but I'm italian

It only works on Windows, but in future if I can i'll port it to MacOS and Linux

Made a new topic here (includes moddb page with src): 

Edited by SeriousMaxWynn : Remove originale site link because that's dead

55 minutes ago, PGgamer said:

Today I relased a GZDoom launcher that automatically downloads GZDoom.
This is the first version, so if you find some errors please report them to me.
Download it on my site!

In future i'll add new features like managing save files and adding WADs without move them to the IWADS/PWADS folder
Sorry for my bad english but I'm italian

It only works on Windows, but in future if I can i'll port it to MacOS and Linux

Dude, you can make your own thread instead of resurrecting old posts.

54 minutes ago, Kronecker–Capelli said:

Some exe file from unknown person from the internet, which require internet connection?
Seems legit, lets download and run it.

Don't worry, it's not a virus
You can test it on a VM, if you really want (Don't use Windows XP because it doesn't work on very outdated Windows)

52 minutes ago, Kronecker–Capelli said:

Some exe file from unknown person from the internet, which require internet connection?
Seems legit, lets download and run it.

I mean you also download GZDoom.exe. Any regular user would not automatically know who Graf Zahl is and thus an ''unknown person''.

By following your logic, GZDoom would be equally suspicious. It requires an internet connection after all to download it.

I mean i get what you try to say, i just found this humorous.

2 minutes ago, PGgamer said:

Don't worry, it's not a virus
You can test it on VM, if you really want (Don't use Windows XP because it doesn't work on very outdated Windows)

Is it a better idea to package the exe plus any readme in a .zip?

14 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

I mean you also download GZDoom.exe. Any regular user would not automatically know who Graf Zahl is and thus an ''unknown person''.

By following your logic, GZDoom would be equally suspicious. It requires an internet connection after all to download it.

Is it a better idea to package the exe plus any readme in a .zip?

Yea, you're right
Changed the link in the first post

22 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

A user registering and having their first post being a link to an executable simply isn't trustworthy.

1 hour ago, boris said:

A user registering and having their first post being a link to an executable simply isn't trustworthy.

And that's also true. I just figured that such was too obvious to mention, first and formost.