Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

How to get rid of fake copies of D Touch?

Right now, there are many copies of Beloko's D-Touch, some being wrongly called as Doom Touch. And there are tons of them on the internet. I hve downloaded some of them., but they won't work. The sites don't show me which version it is. It only shows 1.0 for all of them. Where can I find  a legit copy of the port(for free)?

D-Touch is Doom-Touch. It's just a shorter version of the name.

D-Touch is a commercial app. Getting it for free is illegal. I'm sure free links are out there though ;). You can legally buy it from Amazon.

If you wait long enough, Delta Touch will release on Play Store and Amazon, and it is essentially an updated D-Touch.

BTW the latest version of D-Touch is 4.1 atm.

As for getting rid of copies: ? Are you saying you have backed up APKs of various D-Touch apps? If so, then just select and delete via file manager.

43 minutes ago, Voros said:

D-Touch is a commercial app. Getting it for free is illegal.

Actually, given the nature of GPL, is it, really? At least for the code bits, not necessarily any non-code assets it may include such as GUI elements.

Being that I'm no lawyer, I'm genuinely curious about that.

They are probably beloko's same apk and not a new compile. Isn't that illegal?

I'm guessing the code (after being edited, where necessary) is licensed to be "free to use" similar to Freedoom's license.

Doom Retro, Chocolate Doom, PrBoom+ and GZDoom (which officially became GPL)

(Excerpt from the license present in each of the ports)

For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether gratis or for a fee, you must pass on to the recipients the same freedoms that you received. You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the source code. And you must show them these terms so they know their rights.

(Implies that you can use the code for commercial or non-commercial purposes)

So no, I don't think it's illegal to sell it. And personally, buying this app is well worth it, compared to all the ripoffs out there that exist and existed.

Edited by Voros

On 24/6/2017 at 6:31 PM, beloko said:

Here is the latest APK:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By-hODX7poT3d3RtekkyTFZfT1E

Please don't put it on other forums etc because the app downloads stuff from my server and it's got limited bandwidth, thanks!

As Voros said, big update soon on Google Play soonish.

I will buy the new update for sure on Google Play. I was going to buy it from Amazon because I can't wait and I was going to test it out but seems you were nice enough to upload it. I don't trust any apk that isn't from Google Store but I can trust that your link is legit since you are the creator.

PS: Im trying it out. Anyone knows how to disable mouselook?

Edited by qweqioweuo123