Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TaporGaming50

GZDOOM - OpenGl bug

What's your graphics hardware. This looks like a bad OpenGL driver, they were quite common many years ago.

Damn, Gzdoom glitches happens for me too in open-gl mode. For example, in Heretic second epizode rocky textures were replaced with Doom lava textures. Here screenshot:

HUTxKTK.png

4 hours ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Damn, Gzdoom glitches happens for me too in open-gl mode. For example, in Heretic second epizode rocky textures were replaced with Doom lava textures. Here screenshot:

This doesn't look like it's an OpenGL-related glitch, to me. Heretic shouldn't even be loading the Doom lava textures - do you have something being autoloaded (perhaps through the /skins folder?) that is supposed to enhance Doom textures?

9 hours ago, wildweasel said:

This doesn't look like it's an OpenGL-related glitch, to me. Heretic shouldn't even be loading the Doom lava textures - do you have something being autoloaded (perhaps through the /skins folder?) that is supposed to enhance Doom textures?

Nope. I didn't put anything in skins folder for this glitch. It started somewhere from Gzdoom 2.1 . In software mode textures load normal and no visible glitches in Iwads. Other zdoom based ports work perfect too.

2 hours ago, Rachael said:

Yeah, that's really oddly specific for a bug like that.

Well, I tested same place in gzdoom 3.0.1 it seems problem is gone. I guess, I stay with gzdoom 3.0.1 . 

The texture is named LAVA1. The lava floor from Doom is called the same (at least one frame of it). But even if you load DOOM2.WAD on top of Heretic, the symptoms would be different.

Create a new folder, extract the newest GZDoom into that folder, run it and set your controls again.

10 hours ago, TaporGaming50 said:

you know? some of the textures are flickereing and the sprites are not shown in the game

Again the most important question: What's your graphics hardware. These problems are always graphics driver related.

On 6/23/2017 at 7:34 PM, MysteriousHaruko said:

HUTxKTK.png

Don't put Doom2.wad while playing Heretic

1 minute ago, TaporGaming50 said:

Don't put Doom2.wad while playing Heretic

Well, I found out where problem was.