Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phade102

Confinement Community Project. (Project Released!) (Boom Compatible!)

@7Soul

• I checked your map and it was good. It's another fine candidate of a map for the beginning.
  • The ammo was at a reasonable amount, it was balanced, not too much and not less.
  • The choice of monsters was also good just to keep the balance of the map, at least for the gameplay.
  • The only thing that I spotted was this....a HOM (no texture) if you don't press the switch yet

1.jpg.7f9357f5d65c5be545d6d6613c4e4cf0.jpg

594f025ce44c2_implingsmap.jpg.c704162179479e8f0fc359f375a2082e.jpg

INVASION OF THE IMPLINGS

Didn't officially claim a spot but I got inspired after finishing another map. Maybe this would work for the project? My inspiration was to use imps as lemmings walking monotonously off a cliff (in this case, into a teleporter). My dream would be to have a MIDI of Van der Graaf Generator's "Lemmings" as the music, which I'd be happy to take a crack at once I get my MIDI setup worked out. (Current music is "Stereo Protect" from Pulseman on the Sega Genesis.)

I tried to push myself to get a little tougher and channel my inner franckFRAG. Really enjoyed the chance to explore the cc4 texture pack!

Screenshots

Spoiler

implings1.jpg.c5922e2f5553f8296d9de996a8e3b46f.jpg

implings2.jpg.550c5ca9b515ef9b30b57c4cd0a42df7.jpg

implings3.jpg.2fbd62cf89e1a8562d6203a6bea39f6a.jpg

implings4.jpg.30662afc129cd280fe5c4390ad69495a.jpg

implings5.jpg.11a134b993fbf43c784cbbd8d43c73d3.jpg

Edited by Big Ol Billy : added sum muzak

2 hours ago, Quantum Dranger said:

I'm interested. Could I use MAP07? 

If you would like Map07, I will reserve the spot for you, sure!

5 hours ago, Big Ol Billy said:

594f025ce44c2_implingsmap.jpg.c704162179479e8f0fc359f375a2082e.jpg

INVASION OF THE IMPLINGS

Didn't officially claim a spot but I got inspired after finishing another map. Maybe this would work for the project? My inspiration was to use imps as lemmings walking monotonously off a cliff (in this case, into a teleporter). My dream would be to have a MIDI of Van der Graaf Generator's "Lemmings" as the music, which I'd be happy to take a crack at once I get my MIDI setup worked out.

I tried to push myself to get a little tougher and channel my inner franckFRAG. Really enjoyed the chance to explore the cc4 texture pack!

Screenshots

Reveal hidden contents

implings1.jpg.c5922e2f5553f8296d9de996a8e3b46f.jpg

implings2.jpg.550c5ca9b515ef9b30b57c4cd0a42df7.jpg

implings3.jpg.2fbd62cf89e1a8562d6203a6bea39f6a.jpg

implings4.jpg.30662afc129cd280fe5c4390ad69495a.jpg

implings5.jpg.11a134b993fbf43c784cbbd8d43c73d3.jpg

To me, I love seeing people be creative with their maps, and design things as unique as this. You're more than welcome to use it for the project, I've added it to the list, just make sure you keep to the size limits on playable area (Looks like you have.)

1 hour ago, Phade102 said:

If you would like Map07, I will reserve the spot for you, sure!

I simple disagree with that :')

You didn't state in rules that people can claim map numbers, so for full fairness he shouldn't get map07. For example, I assumed that maps will be put in random order. If we all will start claim map numbers, this project will become mess. 

6 hours ago, Phade102 said:

To me, I love seeing people be creative with their maps, and design things as unique as this. You're more than welcome to use it for the project, I've added it to the list, just make sure you keep to the size limits on playable area (Looks like you have.)

Cool, happy to hear any feedback you have on the map itself. Thanks for letting me on board! :D

5 hours ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I simple disagree with that :')

You didn't state in rules that people can claim map numbers, so for full fairness he shouldn't get map07. For example, I assumed that maps will be put in random order. If we all will start claim map numbers, this project will become mess. 

Actually, Maps will be placed according to difficulty, and/or if they want a specific skybox. I apologise for not making that clear, as I said this is my first project. Do YOU map07, Haruko? is it a real issue as to what slot someone gets? Map07 is unique because I get the feeling that he wants to do a dead simple styled map. It is the same as to how the secret maps I would like to have a unique feel to them, which is why i'm coinsidering Big Ol Billys map for a secret slot.

5 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

Actually, Maps will be placed according to difficulty, and/or if they want a specific skybox. I apologise for not making that clear, as I said this is my first project. Do YOU map07, Haruko? is it a real issue as to what slot someone gets? Map07 is unique because I get the feeling that he wants to do a dead simple styled map. It is the same as to how the secret maps I would like to have a unique feel to them, which is why i'm coinsidering Big Ol Billys map for a secret slot.

Nah. He can have it, I don't really care, everything is about to have fun. Next time write clear rules and statements in first post. That's how life happens here. 

I mean,if we can claim map spots and other important things.

I would like to do a map, but for now, testing the submitted maps are fun...

I think the only maps that should really be reserved are the secret maps. What if his map is just a big ol' meme? What if it's easy as heck? Hard as heck?? frick man. I mean it could come out good but just sayin, ya know. Check with him first to see what he plans on doing with the map07 slot, and then see if it's still worth giving to him. Maybe he could accomplish the same results with some voodoo doll scripting?

1 hour ago, Phade102 said:

Map07 is unique because I get the feeling that he wants to do a dead simple styled map.

that is all the more reason to not let someone reserve map07. what if they DO make a dead simple clone?? aw jeez man

Also, don't worry about putting people in certain slots just because they want a certain skybox, since they can just give it to themselves through sky transfers since this is boom. Focus on difficulty (and length too!!!) for the maps my innocent friend.

8 minutes ago, bonnie said:

I think the only maps that should really be reserved are the secret maps. What if his map is just a big ol' meme? What if it's easy as heck? Hard as heck?? frick man. I mean it could come out good but just sayin, ya know. Check with him first to see what he plans on doing with the map07 slot, and then see if it's still worth giving to him. Maybe he could accomplish the same results with some voodoo doll scripting?

that is all the more reason to not let someone reserve map07. what if they DO make a dead simple clone?? aw jeez man

Also, don't worry about putting people in certain slots just because they want a certain skybox, since they can just give it to themselves through sky transfers since this is boom. Focus on difficulty (and length too!!!) for the maps my innocent friend.

Bonnie, I would not do anything to jepordize this project. If the map is not suitable for a map07 slot, I will simply give him the option of taking another slot. I am sorry that I am new to making these projects, But I do care about it, and I will make sure it succeeds.

I think everyone who isn't the leader of the project should stop demanding things are done in certain ways and should instead suggest and or recommend it. You're pitching yourselves as controlling and rude.

@Quantum Dranger wants to make use of a mechanic which is locked into a specific map slot - it was up to @Phade102 if they say yes or no. @Phade102 said yes, so now @Quantum Dranger has most likely started mapping. Deal with it. End of.

If the map is crap and/or doesn't balance well, @Phade102 is more than welcome to tell @Quantum Dranger this and request that they balance it for the given slot it will inhabit. But only if @Phade102 wants to. Done. Easy. If you all wanna run a community project, then run a community project, don't hijack another.

For those who aren't sure what Dragonfly means, Map07 is hardcoded to effect anything with the sector tag of 666 whenever all the mancubus on the map are killed. ONLY this map has the feature, and I will admit I am unsure if such can be done on other maps in the boom format.

8 minutes ago, Barons O' Fun said:

wait, I thought everybody was to make their own 32-map WAD.

If anyone wants to make their own megawad then get Oblige and make one.....In the meantime, everyone should stick to the rules...just saying.

Well...this is a community project, after all. The name says it all. And also, who can make 32 maps in one go? it takes much time :P

This misunderstanding wouldn't happenning if we have universal mapinfo lump. Sorry for causing another drama, project leader should always state if we can take map slots, so we could rethink about everything. Now, let's return to main mapping and forget about this. 

@Barons O' Fun You are welcome to make multiple maps for the wad, but not all 32. You aren't a dumbass, you simply misunderstood. It seems I didnt make the rules on the project clear enough, its sort of why I was needing someone to assist me with the project.

@MysteriousHaruko MAPINFO is a zdoom/gzdoom feature. Since we are mapping in boom format, it does not support such.

@Big Ol Billy

• This is surprisingly a hard map that relies on speed and heavy infighting. It took me a third try to clear it properly.
  • If you don't know what to do, you'll die a LOT.
  • Kill all of the monsters that are protecting the switches and you're done. GOTTA GO FAST!!!
  • Fortunately, you put a invul sphere for the exit and I appreciate that after all of the madness that's happening in the map and of course, for the cyberdemon aiming at you...
  • Overall, it's a map with a chaotic and faster gameplay. It's really hard to get 100%, probably that the gameplay was designed to be like that and you can't enjoy the map properly.

5 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

@MysteriousHaruko MAPINFO is a zdoom/gzdoom feature. Since we are mapping in boom format, it does not support such.

Word "would" makes a difference. Alright, I should really stop and get a break. 

1 minute ago, leodoom85 said:

@Big Ol Billy

• This is surprisingly a hard map that relies on speed and heavy infighting. It took me a third try to clear it properly.
  • If you don't know what to do, you'll die a LOT.
  • Kill all of the monsters that are protecting the switches and you're done. GOTTA GO FAST!!!
  • Fortunately, you put a invul sphere for the exit and I appreciate that after all of the madness that's happening in the map and of course, for the cyberdemon aiming at you...
  • Overall, it's a map with a chaotic and faster gameplay. It's really hard to get 100%, probably that the gameplay was designed to be like that and you can't enjoy the map properly.

So a much later on map, you believe.

1 minute ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Word "would" makes a difference. Alright, I should really stop and get a break. 

UMAPINFO is a very worthwhile endeavour, but I suspect a lot of people aren't aware of it, so it's probably a little confusing to bring it up in an unrelated thread.

@Phade102 If I were you I'd wait until you get everything in before making any assumptions about map placement.  You really don't get a feel for how the whole experience will play out until you've got everything in place.

4 minutes ago, Bauul said:

UMAPINFO is a very worthwhile endeavour, but I suspect a lot of people aren't aware of it, so it's probably a little confusing to bring it up in an unrelated thread.

@Phade102 If I were you I'd wait until you get everything in before making any assumptions about map placement.  You really don't get a feel for how the whole experience will play out until you've got everything in place.

I'll do that Bauul, thank you. It seems people are frustrated with how this project is being run right now, So i'm going to have to try to fix it.