Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

SEGA Forever - every SEGA Console title for free on IOS and Android.

These games will be free, and surprisingly lightly monetised. You can play them forever without paying, or you can spend a one-off fee of £1.99 to ditch the ads...

...local saves if you pay that £1.99, although you can play the game offline for free...

I knew there would be a catch, even if it's just a small one.

I don't mind the ads, I'm talking about those "cloud saves".

But then savegames aren't propably that big and nowadays mobile data isn't such a big problem, I mean you should be able to still save/load the games even with throttled speed. Not sure if that's true for every mobile data plan though.

On 21/06/2017 at 7:09 PM, dmg_64 said:

how Dreamcast games will play

Crazy Taxi for Android ran smooth in a phone so ancient it was stuck with Jelly Bean, and even that was a CyanogenMod release.

From what I've seen and heard the Megadrive emulation is really bad. Comix Zone looks and sounds fucked up, and it even plays poorly due to all the framedrops caused by using Unity as a wrapper for the emulator. The only reason the Sonic remasters are sparred is because they were recreated in a new engine ages ago. They really should have had it been a centralized app like the Megadrive Classics Hub on Steam, so you wouldn't have to go searching for the individual games, and then have to download 80+ MB each time just to run a 256kb genesis rom.

I've played Sonic CD on mobile and I have my doubts as to whether the interface can work for old school games unless the you get one of those USB controllers designed specifically for smartphones...

On 6/26/2017 at 1:21 AM, GoatLord said:

I've played Sonic CD on mobile and I have my doubts as to whether the interface can work for old school games unless the you get one of those USB controllers designed specifically for smartphones...

Well, that ought to be a sine qua non for every such endeavor, anyway. At least if someone is serious about playing any of those games rather than dicking around for 30 seconds on each.

Agreed. I actually got pretty far on Sonic CD for mobile, but it was an excruciating tedious ordeal. They give you a virtual d-pad on the bottom left and a touch sensitive field on the bottom right for jumping. It's clunky, but doable, until you fight Robotnik. Boss stages typically set the camera in such a way that Sonic effectively gets blocked by your fingers, making it very difficult to make any meaningful progress.

24 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

Sega is already died, in 2002. They are profiteering on people's memories.

So did another game franchise and the company which made it, at least as we once knew them, but that didn't stop people from playing it...or milking it for all that it's worth.