Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Empyre

GZDoom Builder Bugs and/or Feature Requests

I am posting this here because I am locked out of the ZDoom forums since I didn't log in there for a few years. Fixed, thanks to @Blue Shadow's link.

It is awesome that the 3D view shows slopes and 3D floors, but it would be even better if it also showed Transfer Heights (and Transfer Light, etc.).

I would love to be able to edit a map inside a pk3, instead of having to extract the maps in Slade, edit them, and then import them again

When I am editing a map in Zandronum Doom2 UDMF format, and using resources from a pk3, I get this in the 3D view:

DeUERyk.jpg

I noticed that when I accidentally loaded the map in ZDoom Doom2 (UDMF) format instead of Zandronum Doom2 (UDMF), I saw the flats just fine, so it might be a bug in the configuration file.

Sometimes, i am making 3D swimmable water, and I want to edit the alignment of the floor or walls in the 3D view, but I can't because the 3D floor is in the way. it would be great if I could toggle 3D floors (and Transfer Heights, if you add them) like I can Things. This feature is already there. Just press TAB. Thanks, @Bauul!

Edited by Empyre : updating based on new information

UDMF can use wall textures for Floor and Ceiling, that's why they are displayed fine in that format I think, you probably used wall textures instead of Flats.

20 minutes ago, Empyre said:

it would be great if I could toggle 3D floors (and Transfer Heights, if you add them) like I can Things.

You can.  Hit Tab to disable advanced effects when in Visual Mode.  It turns off all advanced special effects and just leaves the basic vanilla geometry behind.

I wonder why GZDOOM Builder does not show custom weapons and monsters anymore.They are not shown even though they have DoomEdNumbers.

Make sure you don't have "refers to hidden class" or "defined more than once" errors when you load iit on engine, last time i had these errors GZDB refused to display actors eventhough they worked fine ingame.

4 hours ago, dmg_64 said:

UDMF can use wall textures for Floor and Ceiling, that's why they are displayed fine in that format I think, you probably used wall textures instead of Flats.

I have used a few flats and textures interchangeably recently, but I am definitely using flats on the ground in this screenshot (GROUND22 and FLOOR72B from cc4-tex), and I am using UDMF, but I am mapping for Zandronum, so I use the Zandronum UDMF config instead of the ZDoom UDMF config, to try to avoid using features that Zandronum doesn't support yet. Also, I think that flats on walls and textures on floors were already supported in ZDoom and Zandronum before UDMF.

Thanks, @Bauul. I just minimized Firefox and tried TAB in the Visual mode to see if it works, and it does!

Thanks, @Blue Shadow. I will try that link in just a few minutes.

Best way to work is probably to have a resources pk3 and have the map in a separate wad. Then when you upload it you put the wad in the pk3.

3 hours ago, VGA said:

Best way to work is probably to have a resources pk3 and have the map in a separate wad. Then when you upload it you put the wad in the pk3.

That's what I am doling, but I wouldn't have to do that if I could edit the maps inside the pk3, like I could before I converted my wad into a pk3 (a proper pk3 with everything in the correct folders). I have a folder dedicated to one-map wads to be included in the pk3.