Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PartyCrasher

PS4 Controller For Doom

6 hours ago, PartyCrasher04 said:

I know this is a stupid question but how did you get a ps4 controller to work with doom?

1) You connect the DS4 controller through USB cable or through Bluetooth.

2) You run DS4Windows

3) You run Doom Retro

55 minutes ago, scalliano said:

Or ZDoom.

That needs configuring, it doesn't just work.

I bought one of the new revisions of the official Sony DualShock 4 controller (be wary of the many, many chinese counterfeits of this controller out there, especially on ebay) for a steal at $30 (USD) and though it's a quality controller, I had issues getting it to work properly with my android device (it hates remapping).  It's in my hardware drawer pretty much unused since I prefer my Microsoft camo 360 controller with the transforming D-pad.

For anyone that likes the standard ps2-inspired gamepad configuration the Dualshock 4 is by far the best gamepad ever created. And with the DS4Windows utility it has the same compatibility as the x360 controller, which is to say, extremely high, no configuration needed.

(That tool emulates the x360 controller)

I prefer my custom weiner digicamo laser x360 with gyroscope and reflex sights x360 controller, i bet that weak ass ds4 shit doesn't even have LEDS.

Jokes aside I love the sony layout, I can't stand having the dpad below the analog, which every other company seems to like for some stupid reason.

12 minutes ago, YukiHerz said:

I prefer my custom weiner digicamo laser x360 with gyroscope and reflex sights x360 controller, i bet that weak ass ds4 shit doesn't even have LEDS.

I must be more exhausted than I thought, because I believed that that was an actual controller that you had in your possession at first.

Yes...even after reading "reflex sights" I still thought you were just the owner of a bizarre controller.

Thanks, sorry for the late reply soon after I made this post I figured put how to map the controls. Just wanted to play doom splitscreen with my brother lol.