Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

Faust(1926) although its bit too lengthy and not as powerful as other 

F. W. Murnau works yet its tolerable....

Paths of Glory 1957 another anti war film by the amazing Stanley Kubrick film lose its grip at some shots but still enjoyable and ending  is quite catchy with that folk song...

Doctor Zhivago 1965  what a brilliant movie it is its scenes,feelings and magical music by Maurice Jarre keeps me captivated whole time...

The Phantom Carriage 1921

beautiful story and drama....horror tag isnt proper for this movie...

Cries_and_Whispers another Ingmar Bergman trademark style...its his first color movie i saw and its a good one

Pan's_Labyrinth this was really a great great movie.ending was very heart aching...music and lighting were terrific  

Kramer vs. Kramer its splendidly realistic movie about divorce issue...

The_Cow among the movies i didnt get the idea or theme mostly

Certified_Copy again i didnt get the idea completely but flow is applauding 

Inception this movie makes me sick especially when they start dream in dream in dream in dream...characters visibly keep on talking solely for the audience yet movie is so confusingly dumb,action scenes seems forced into plot for eye-catching...it's a kind of movie to make stupid people think they're smart 

11 hours ago, Spooner5020 said:

Why  did you not like Assassin's Creed? I thought it was fine.

I expected more historical stuff and less modern nonsense. Also the animus looked more like glados than like the animus from the game. No idea why they went with that.

But in the end I can kind of understand it, it's hard to turn a videogame into a movie.

Edited by Guest

Silent Night Deadly Night ( 1984 )

The concept of killer santa was funny to me but the movie was technically terrible; bad acting, dumb plot, everybody is dumb in the movie ( maybe because it's a horror and it's supposed to be like that ? ) the killer is unrealistically strong ( which is sometimes funny, for example he picked up and impaled a girl on a deer's antlers which was pretty lulzy ) and unbelievably edgy. The kind of movie which is so bad it's funny, i mean, just look at the poster lol

The Room ( 2003 )

Yeah I bet everyone watched it already, I watched it because everyone talks about it, the sex scenes were cringeworthy and not hot at all, I skipped them usually because they were so boring 

The Duelists ( 1977 )

A movie about a duel between two guys that goes on for years and years and everytime they duel nobody wins, interesting concept, superb scenes and costumes which made it all believable for the time it's set ( early 19th century ) sometimes it was boring but maybe that's just me

$_57.JPG

Edited by Trupiak : yeah, I meant 1984 not 1994 :P

Last movie I watched was The Bad Batch (2017).  Awful shit directed by a woman about a post-Apocalypse world with cannibals who all look like body builders preying on the weak and delicious on one side, and Keanu Reeves as a free-love, free-drugs cult leader on the other.  Central character is an attractive young woman who loses an arm and a leg to the cannibals in the first five minutes of the film and spends the rest of the movie hopping about on her artificial leg and showing off her 10" CGIed-out arm-stump.  At one point, she smears herself in her own feces so the cannibal woman tending to her has to clean her up, thusly giving her a chance to whack her with an iron rod so she can escape.  Keanu Reeves gives a long monologue about poop at one point.  The woman who directed this was clearly insane and you can't help thinking she had sexual fantasies about being man-handled by a big beefy cannibal who looks like Fabio right off the cover of a romance novel where he portrays a cannibal pirate.  Strangely enough, it's one of those bad movies that is as fun as it sounds.  Women left to their own devices (and a big movie budget) are just so bizarre... sometimes :D

On 6/27/2017 at 9:08 AM, Trupiak said:

Silent Night Deadly Night ( 1994 )

you mean 1984, right? Also if you haven't already, you owe it to yourself to watch the sequel. If you can manage to trudge through some dull openings you'll be rewarded with some of the greatest scenes in film history:

(not to mention the infamous "garbage day" quip, which is part of the same rampage sequence)

The Last mutha fuckin' Crusade. I love the movie and the score even more every time.

11 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

1984 Terminator

Fuck yeah man, one of the very best. To this day I consider it the best in the series. Yes, even over T2 which is an excellent sequel. It's just darker, grittier and has this b-movie horror vibe that none of the other films ever achieved...

Iron Man.

Possibly the only superhero movie that really agrees with me. I never get tired of rewatching it.

The music is perfect. The emotional/intimate scenes were given perfect melodies, while the more actiony stuff like building the suits, fighting Stane etc. were more upbeat, emphasising power and symphony at once.

The movie setting is a breather. It's usually New York this, huge urban city that. To see a different location for once was exhilarating. The California setting made things seem more optimistic, while the greyness of cities really didn't do much.

The "realism" is fun. The suit can withstand bullets from machine guns, rockets from tanks, etc. Beautiful. You don't see these kind of situations in the other movies involving Iron Man anymore. At least not like this.

A good mixture of CGI and real world items are used throughout the movie. It's believable and cool. Why can't more movies do it like this more? Instead I get pitch black light with a too unrealistic setting.

The plot and performance: well executed. What else can I say?

I miss the the way movies were made pre-2010.

I saw SPAWN. It was good even if now after 20 years its getting to be in the so bad its good category. Great soundtrack too! Watching it rekindled my thought that Spawn is just a lazy Batman. The suit does all the work that Batman's gadgets would. Plus they both have a clown.

Ya the Spawn soundtrack is killer. Todd McFarlane worked on both Spiderman and Batman before creating spawn. I wonder what would happen if you mixed those two heroes together... XD.

49 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

Ya the Spawn soundtrack is killer. Todd McFarlane worked on both Spiderman and Batman before creating spawn. I wonder what would happen if you mixed those two heroes together... XD.

I looked up Spawn and he did have a Batman one shot. Watching Daredevil I looked up Daredevil since he and Batman are both so alike... turns out Frank Miller wrote for Daredevil before he was hired by DC to write for Batman. Speaking of Frank Miller, I like to think that David Duchovney's character in Californication is Frank Miller even if its been speculated his character is based on someone else from the 50s.

5 hours ago, geo said:

I saw SPAWN. It was good even if now after 20 years its getting to be in the so bad its good category.

I watched Spawn this morning, hadn't seen it since it came out. It's an okay movie, some of the special effects are really good even today, others are really bad even back then.

I also watched Tunnel. It was a decent thriller/drama.

2 hours ago, Megalyth said:

I watched Spawn this morning, hadn't seen it since it came out. It's an okay movie, some of the special effects are really good even today, others are really bad even back then.

I also watched Tunnel. It was a decent thriller/drama.

Some were bad yes like the pigeon flying through fire at the start. I felt it was more amazing to look at than say Doctor Strange that did far more and had far better special effects. Plus they both have magic capes that defend them.

Westworld, featuring Yul Brynner as the defective-and-runs-amok android, Richard Benjamin as the wide-eyed visitor from Chicago, and James Brolin (who, at that age, looks remarkably like Christian Bale) as the seasoned visitor to Westworld.

Written and directed by Michael Crichton, the premise is similar to Jurassic Park - theme park with futuristic and thrilling elements that have built-in safety protocols that systematically fail, thereby endangering the guests.

The plot and the pacing are reasonably well done, with a decent build-up of the suspense. Acting is adequate. Undoubtedly ground-breaking for its time (1973), the sets of the computer control rooms look utterly out-of-date by modern standards, but some might find a nostalgic charm to them.

great movie, 

this is the closest thing you can get to a Rainbow Six movie,

Some on Clancys greatest characters meet in the movie, John Clark and Ding Chavez

Clear_and_Present_Danger_film.jpg

On 7/5/2017 at 9:37 AM, Jim Greezy said:

great movie, 

this is the closest thing you can get to a Rainbow Six movie,

Some on Clancys greatest characters meet in the movie, John Clark and Ding Chavez

Clear_and_Present_Danger_film.jpg

And Jack Ryan has his own series of movies. He's the dull American James Bond family man. I think he has a TV series coming ... somewhere. Played by Jim from the Office or maybe it was the guy from that male nerd & female secret agent TV show. I forget what its named.

7 hours ago, nxGangGirl said:

[Tombstone]

An enjoyable movie, even though it sometimes played fast and loose with facts. I understand it was produced for entertainment, but the Earps (and Doc Holliday) were not lily-white, nor did members of the Clanton & McLaury gang wear horns and tails.

For those interested in the historical context of the sociopolitical situation in post-Civil War USA that, inevitably, would result in such a confrontation, read: The Last Gunfight: The Real Story of the Shootout at the O.K. Corral--And How It Changed The American West. Although it is a work of historical documentary, it is extremely well-written and absorbing.

As for Val Kilmer, I really liked his role in The Doors, which was a double-bonus for me, as it's one of my favorite bands.

Falling Down was great. Been a decade since I've seen it.

As for me...

NO ESCAPE with Owen Wilson was the last movie I watched. It was great. In a sea of PG action movies it managed to bring some freshness with a rated R family move to Asia gone wrong as Owen Wilson's family gets in the middle of a violent coupe in an Asian country where Americans are just killed. Owen, his plain wife and 2 daughters must survive. Oh and Pierce Brosnon is in it and he play's Mortal Kombat's Kano. It was well worth a watch even if apparently people hated it for being so xenophobic. As in all Asians must want to kill Americans... they didn't pay attention. There were a few countrymen that just didn't care about Owen or his family, but I'm sure its every American's worst nightmare to just get sent overseas to a country where they don't speak the language oh and by the way they want to kill you.

Speaking of movies filmed in Asia for Americans to watch... I gave Okja a try... I made it 30 minutes. It was as predictable as I thought going in. Maybe it gets better. Its a kid's movie rated TV-MA. Jake Gillenhaurdtospell makes the movie far more watchable.

Edited by geo