Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KVELLER

Things you love and hate at the same time

It could be an enemy, maps, textures, gameplay features, pretty much anything.

In my case it would be Sandy's maps. I think Romero's maps are much better designed and fun overall, but the creativity that Sandy shows in his maps is awesome.

Revenants and Archviles. These two are mean motherfuckers. I hate it one appears but I also love it because it means I get a good fight.

17 hours ago, Voros said:

Revenants and Archviles. These two are mean motherfuckers. I hate it one appears but I also love it because it means I get a good fight.

I have to agree with you on Archviles, they always get used horribly in custom WADs.

Infinitely tall actors. Blowing up monsters from shooting rockets at a seemingly random wall is cool as hell without a doubt, and it's often a wtf moment when you are scratched to death by nothing moments after squeezing into a small lift. However, jumping down from ledges can be far more tedious than it should be due to friggin' scratchgates.

2 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Hell Revealed 2

Now that you mentioned a wad, I love and I hate Knee Deep in ZDoom

Revenants, even though I got used to them and they are no longer an issue, there are specific attributes of his that I hate, like his very thin target and their ability to fabulously dodge my rockets. 

Another thing, I love the BFG 9000, and I hate its safety catch. 

Hideous Destructor, Zandronum, that Cooperative mate that passes in your front when you are using Rocket Launcher, Barrels, Trees, Chaingunners, Revenants and my avatar.

The BFG9000. Love it in Singleplayer. Worst thing since sliced satan poop in multiplayer*.

[*Totally not because I suck, can't use it properly, and always get owned with it or anything. ;]

Platforming sections. Depending on how strict they are, they can be either be a fun test of movement or a frustrating pain in the ass to savescum through.

3 minutes ago, Spectre01 said:

Platforming sections. Depending on how strict they are, they can be either be a fun test of movement or a frustrating pain in the ass to savescum through.

If the map has air control, it shouldn't be a problem. Zandronum can help with its air control feature :)

Sunder.

Just now, facelessdoomer said:

E4M2 "Perfect Hatred".

I talk about this map a lot on a lot of threads, but seriously, such a fun map.

But holy shit is it unforgiving.

Perfect is the hatred I have for that map.

Oblige generated maps. They're all same, but some differences make them fun to play. For example, I generated mapset called "Savage Horror XII" and it was awesome.