• Doom II
    • TNT: Evilution
    • The Plutonia Experiment
    • Doom 64
    • Doom 3
    • Doom 3 BFG Edition
    • Doom 2016
    • PSX Doom

I don't know how I'm supposed to pick when some games have stronger single player (Doom 2, Doom 64, Final Doom PSX), some games have stronger MP (Doom '16), some have better art direction (Doom '16), some have better atmosphere (PSX/N64 Doom), and some have a better mod community (Doom 2).

1. Doom II

2. TNT: Evilution

3. PSX Doom

10 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

I don't know how I'm supposed to pick when some games have stronger single player (Doom 2, Doom 64, Final Doom PSX), some games have stronger MP (Doom '16), some have better art direction (Doom '16), some have better atmosphere (PSX/N64 Doom), and some have a better mod community (Doom 2).

i mean, you could call it a tie

I voted Ultimate Doom/Doom 1 but I considered a tie with Doom 64 and the PSX Doom/Final Doom

Doom 64

Doom II

PSX Doom

TNT: Evilution

Plutonia

It's more of a tie since they all have their own strengths/weaknesses, but Doom 64 is the one I end up replaying the most.

1. Doom II

2. Ultimate Doom

3. Whatever else

Haven't played the newest installment so I don't have an opinion on it either way but it looks like a whole lot of fun.

Doom II

Ultimate Doom

Doom 2016

It's not hard for me to pick Doom 2 as my favorite, since it's the only one I grew up with. I own pretty much everything else on the list now but I haven't completed most of them so I have no real opinion on them.

1. Ultimate Doom

2. Doom 2

3. Doom 2016

Honestly, as much as I like most of the Doom games (aside of Doom 3: BFG Edition and Doom on the GBA), the Classics on PC are something I'll always remember fondly about. I prefer Ultimate Doom over Doom 2 in terms of level design and music, a shame the Super Shotgun and the new enemies for Doom 2 aren't present. I should also say the new reboot delivered and is everything I wanted in an FPS game for years now, which is awesome.

1 hour ago, GuyNamedErick said:

1. Ultimate Doom

2. Doom 2

3. Doom 2016

I go with that...

I haven't played the PSX version of Doom, and I haven't played Doom '16 either, so I feel a bit bad because I'm not considering them before voting, but whatever, I'll go with Doom 3.

Disclaimer: I chose that one because I'm thinking about the base games here. If I was to consider additional content, Doom II would be the obvious choice.

do we really need another one of these threads? I swear there's been one a few days ago. oh well, I voted plutonia. I've mentioned before that I like Doom II more than Doom 1, but overall Plutonia remains the fondest "official" dooming experience I've had in a while.

in terms of id software created content doom 2 itself would be at top though.

32 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

I haven't played the PSX version of Doom, and I haven't played Doom '16 either, so I feel a bit bad because I'm not considering them before voting, but whatever, I'll go with Doom 3.

Disclaimer: I chose that one because I'm thinking about the base games here. If I was to consider additional content, Doom II would be the obvious choice.

hehe, glad to know im not the only here that likes Doom 3. Im kinda surprised Doom 3 has more votes than Doom 2016...

Doom 1 is my fav! Played Ultimate Doom's Thy Flesh Consumed episode many years later, so I almost consider them seperate things. Plus it was released after Doom2. But that episode is cool.

I also love Doom2, Doom 2016, and Doom 3. Though Doom 3 is less replayable, still really rocked at the time.