Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Huh? Are they saying that Deus Ex provides explanations for superstitious beliefs or something?
If not, please explain what the Hell is goin' on here.

They call Deus Ex a role-playing game.
They actually call it a Tarotcards-game instead of a videogame, that's what's going one here.. Unbelievable.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST...you just found out that snipers motive lin. That would explain the "I am God" on the back of that terot card, I hope that camper sets his sights on the parking lot of my work, I could do with a few less insipid morons.

heh....it was only a matter of thime before the whole video game-causes-violence-thingy came up with this sniper. The tarot card connection seems like such bullshit. I know tarot cards, and it's true that the death card is not something you use as a symbol of judgement. if he did leave the card, then he did it because he thought it would look cool to have a death card represent him.

Indeed, Jack Levin, a criminologist at Northeastern University, calls the suburban sniper "the adult version of the Columbine killers."

God, where would we be without rent-a-quote, mediawhore "experts"

I wonder if it isn't some idiot teenager who got tired of shooting cans and bottles off of the fence with his father's gun every day.

i guess i am gonna go nuts and 'snipe' because i play alot of UT, doom and quake3. oh wait i cant go nuts cause i dont play with those damn cards. oh well back to doom or UT.

i have never played dues ex, but i dont think there is a single tarot(sp) card in the whole game. hey i could be wrong, but i am sure they are not a main part of the plot if they show up in the game

I've played through Deus Ex, and not one tarot card in the game. Plenty of drugs, booze, and munchies, tho. :)

The only game I can think of with Tarot Cards off-hand is Ogre Battle for the old SNES.

I was thinking the same thing. I played that game all the time back then. In that game the Death card did indeed kill anything that had less than half of their health left (except Diablo and I think the boss monsters). The Tower card was for earthquakes and if you picked it after taking a city, you lose two reputation points. I think for Death you lose only one, but I'm not sure about that.

You know, ten years down the track, instead of using Doom as an example of a ultra violent and gory game, they'll discover Soldier of Fortune and once around the idiotic media-bandwagon we'll go :/

Alright, this is a fucking tabletop role-playing game they're talking about. This whole thing is a stupid fucking coincidence.

Although as a tabletop gamer, and a gamer in general, it still pisses me off.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! What a bunch of bullshit! How dumb can those media news clowns get?!?! Adult version of the Columbine killers?!?! If that was true wouldn't the bastard have used shotguns, machine pistols and grenades instead of the sniper rifle? Those were the same guns the Columbine Killers used (I think).

I can see headlines now.... "Violent video games linked to the Sniper Shootings, BAN THE VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" If that were to happen, then I'll have nothing else to live for except for my little drawings of Lizards blasting away at other Lizards.

.......Wait, Deus-ex is a video game and tarot card thingy? Now I'm officially confused.

poorly written article, I think.

"It's a vicious cycle," Mr. Levin said.

What cycle? Am I stupid?

That sniper is dumb. The death card doesn't necessarily mean "death." More on the lines of "change."

::deals out the Tarot cards for the media::

Well, here we have Fortune... here we have The Sailor... and here we have The Gibbering Network Moron...

P.S. Fucktards.

ravage said:

That sniper is dumb. The death card doesn't necessarily mean "death." More on the lines of "change."

That doesn't necessarily mean he's stupid. He probably picked that card because he knew that would scare people a lot more than any other card would. From his point of view, it's actually rather smart in my opinion.