Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

I already changed my name and no one knows who I am, a mystery shrouded by a cup of coffee.

With everyone else changing names, I have no idea who they were.

39 minutes ago, RestlessRodent said:

I already changed my name and no one knows who I am, a mystery shrouded by a cup of coffee.

With everyone else changing names, I have no idea who they were.

I'll bet you 2 1/2 pounds of BBs or 2 1/2 pounds of feathers, whichever is heavier, that I can guess who you are.

17 minutes ago, Ichor said:

I'll bet you 2 1/2 pounds of BBs or 2 1/2 pounds of feathers, whichever is heavier, that I can guess who you are.

Sorry, I only accept payment in acorns.

8 hours ago, dew said:

Holy crap, doesn't it hurt? I've heard wearing high heels collapses the transversal arch of the foot over time, pressing the big thumb inwards, and with these shoes I'd estimate the "time" as roughly 8 seconds. It looks like a torture device!

Wearing high-heels sure changes the arch over time, funnily enough, these so-called ballet-heels are a lot less stressful for the feet than it would appear. It's mostly because they're made similarly to actual ballet shoes, which have a "toe-box". The toe-box is a relatively firm part of the shoe which distributes the pressure of one's body-weight evenly, this makes it a lot more "sufferable" for lack of a better term. Also, since those have heels, you can put a lot of your actual weight onto the heel instead of your toes, which is what makes the difference between walking in them for a few seconds and being in pain, and walking in them for a few hours, without too much trouble if any at all. Not to mention that you're supposed to lace these shoes nice and tight, because again, it's about distributing the pressure evenly. Though I will add that I have never once had mine on for more than 5 hours straight, and during these 5 hours I wasn't always on my feet. The actual stress that comes with ballet heels in particular is muscle stress. You really have to make sure your ancles are "locked" so you don't wobble in these and hurt yourself bad. All things considered, It took a good 10 days of practice before I could really walk in those. It was quite a challenge for me, despite wearing high-heels a lot prior to getting my hands on those. I you put these on without any prior experience and practice, you're lterally not going anywhere.

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

Thanks for the explanation.

Spoiler

I'm still not sure it's not part masochism though.

3 hours ago, dew said:

Thanks for the explanation.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm still not sure it's not part masochism though.

Fair enough. Truth be told, these ballet heels are worn mostly in the fetish scene, and that's why your BDSM reference is somewhat accurate. However there's people trying those shoes for other reasons than a fetish of a masochistic kind. In my case it's kind of like a shoe fetish coupled with "that looks difficult, so I wanna try it".

I do have some kinks, though, but I wouldn't want to derail this thread any further than my rambling about shoes already has.

EDIT: Assuming I was into BDSM, what would you do about it? Slap me on the bum for being naughty? ;-)

Edited by Nine Inch Heels : afterthoughts...

Interesting site change, never thought i would see it change again.

I used to be Hell's Vendetta, not that anyone cares but i figured there is always that one person that wonders what happened to someone.

It's a good thing I managed to snag "Bashe" for this forum, as I often times find it already used by someone elsewhere, usually people who register and then never use their account, natch. I've had to settle with "Bashe86" in a lot of places, which is now a name I regret choosing because people assume the 86 is my birth year, rather than just the random obsession I had with the year at the time that name was made.

12 hours ago, Bashe said:

[...]I regret choosing because people assume the 86 is my birth year, rather than just the random obsession I had with the year at the time that name was made.

Ooo ouch. Especially if you were born in 1986, you would be turning 31 years old in 2017. That's got to be a sensitive spot if you're not ready to be out of the 20s yet. Being 30 is a whole different wildnerness. All that is, if you were born in that year of 1986, and not, say obsessed with the Intel x86 programming architecture that made use of the 8080 microprocessor or just really obsessed with 1986 for other important reasons

I used my one-time-per-year name change button......to remove the CamelCase from my username. That's it. I've always been wildweasel and see no particular reason not to be.

What's the story behind your specific username? Feel free to share it here :)

CzechMate29200

I think you can figure out CzechMate...i live in Czech Republic, and Checkmate rhymes with Czech. The numbers are my birthday, February 29th 2000 (not kidding, that's my real birthday)

what's your name about? Im curious :)

Edited by CzechMate29200

I love snow and cold weather, so I chose Yuki, which is a name that means "snow" in Japanese.  Then ravens are just really cool animals, and are important to me spiritually.  So... snow birb.

2 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

I love snow and cold weather, so I chose Yuki, which is a name that means "snow" in Japanese.  Then ravens are just really cool animals, and are important to me spiritually.  So... snow birb.

That's a nice thought for your user name and it's cool.

Got into nu metal around 2012 or so and have been listening to a number of unknown bands ever since, though I have been listening to other genres more often for whatever reason. The k at the end is intentionally misspelled because that's how some of the bands were named too.

Some time ago, I was getting tired of getting that "This username already exists" message, so I started thinking about a name, but nothing came to my mind. I decided to search weird words in English, and I found "kvell" which means "to feel happy and proud". I added "er" at the end just to add something. And I added caps 'cause why not.

Come to think of it, the er is used for a person that makes an action (like play - player) so it sounds like "the one that feels happy and proud". Proud of what?? I didn't think about that at the time, but whatever, at least there aren't 100 people with the same name as me anymore.

I always liked horror and scary stuff in general. I came up with this name some 10 something years ago, when I was just getting into horror movies. Then the name just stuck with me I guess, because that's what I use everywhere now.

8 minutes ago, Linguica said:

I randomly chose a funny word I had heard recently as a username in order to join a chatroom in 1995 and now I get to live with it for the rest of my life

Ugh. Me too.

I put my heart into things I enjoy doing, a friend suggested the German Herz.

I enjoy looking at the snowy mountains in the distance of my city.

Yukiyama was too long.

oh yeah, forgot to say, I was into chess (dont judge me), then I started playing Doom and did a complete turn (I went from nerd to super nerd cool)