Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Battle_Korbi

Would you rather...? V2

Wait a full minute for a slow elevator?

OR

Be forced to fight 10 pinkies camping on a slow desceding elevator that stays put for only 3 seconds?

-----

Reload a custom gun every 10 seconds?

OR

Wait 10 seconds for a custom gun to reload?

-----

Have Archviles insta-heal demons one by one?

OR

Have Archviles resurrect 5 demons at once?

-----

Fight a bunch of lost souls in a tight quater with only a rocket launcher?

OR

Have to waste precious plasma ammo on a pretty large amount of zombiemen and then have to fight a cyberdemon with whatever plasma ammo you are left with?

-----

Press a button to have Microsoft Sam narrate your HUD (health, ammo, armor counters and all) which cannot be seen and have to listen to him say the whole thing before repeating?

OR

Have all variables on the counters randomised every time you press any key, which includes the look of the face as well?

-----

Haaave fun :3

These feel less thought out than V1's questions. If you want these to be a regular thing, I'd recommend putting more effort into the next batch.  

Be forced to fight 10 pinkies camping on a slow desceding elevator that stays put for only 3 seconds: At the very worst, I'll charge through after one or two kills and fight on the lift itself while melee baiting the pinkies to avoid serious damage. 

Reload a custom gun every 10 seconds: Player agency is fun. I wouldn't mind manually reloading with a conveniently bound key. Having to wait for such a long reload seems a lot less appealing except in very particular scenarios that are designed for it.

Have Archviles resurrect 5 demons at once: Vague scenario even by the standards of 'Would you rather', as all relevant variables that could lead to an informed choice are still undefined (where is the vile? what are the demons? when and how often does the vile insta-heal demons? can the vile be killed easily?) and unlike in previous questions where that is the case, a 'typical scenario' doesn't even suggest itself readily. So I'll go with 'the vile rezzes five SS nazis at once and then promptly is killed by a distant former human trooper 360 no scope'.

Fight a bunch of lost souls in a tight quater with only a rocket launcher: Either choices here are fine. Haven't played a Fonze map in a while, so I'll take this for variety's sake. 

Have all variables on the counters randomised every time you press any key, which includes the look of the face as well: Both are dumb and will involve not seeing the hud (in this case I'll hide the hud entirely), but at least here I won't have to use -nosound. 

Edited by rdwpa

1. Idkfa it, get a BFG and blast those fuckers

2. Never use a custom gun

3. get a BFG and fuck them up

4. Idkfa to the rescue

5. B (ran out of smart ass answers)

22 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

Be forced to fight 10 pinkies camping on a slow desceding elevator that stays put for only 3 seconds?

Question 1: Second option, I don't have the patience to wait 15 seconds for a slow tall lift, much less waiting 1 minute. 

Question 2: First option

Question 3: Obviously the first one, the second one is pure total ammo waste, specially when they are packed with dozens of other monsters. 

Question 4: A draw: lost souls will eventually start to charge each other, unless I'm in the middle then I'm screwed, but are we talking about having only rockets right? I can use my fist too. The second case can be done by letting zombiemen kill each other, I just wouldn't waste my cells if that's the only ammo I have, and with a cyber awaiting for me, simply no way!  

Question 5: Not playing Doom then...

22 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

These feel less thought out than V1's questions. If you want these to be a regular thing, I'd recommend putting more effort into the next batch.

I'd much rather he wouldn't make those threads anymore to begin with, but as it would appear some people seem to enjoy these things. Let's hope nobody gets hurt in the long run, because I have a bad feeling about these threads becoming a baseline for a map at some point. ;-)

10 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I'd much rather he wouldn't make those threads anymore to begin with, but as it would appear some people seem to enjoy these things. Let's hope nobody gets hurt in the long run, because I have a bad feeling about these threads becoming a baseline for a map at some point. ;-)

Nah I do these for fun.

And it isn't like I wait unpatiently for these ideas to arrive, I just gather some ideas. I hope you people get to see the V3, other than that, I don't know or hope myself to make more than those. But if it can inspire people somehow, then why not :D

Press a button to have Microsoft Sam narrate your HUD (health, ammo, armor counters and all) which cannot be seen and have to listen to him say the whole thing before repeating?

YES

3 hours ago, Battle_Kirby said:

I actually want this as a mod now. I'm 100% positive that it could be done.

Wait for slow elevator. Definitely wait for slow elevator.

Reloading a custom gun every 10 seconds sounds like a better option than a gun that reloads for 10 seconds.

Insta-heal Archviles or penta-healing Archvile? I'd rather die.

Wasting plasma ammo is better than rocket launcher on lost souls in tight spaces. Most definitely better.

Randomised variables. No need for a Cortana.