Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

Well, I find Kirby really relatable. A cute pinky round thingy, copies everything, also battles nightmares here and there.

Of course, I am not 100% as same as Kirby. I like brutal stuff, and doing brutal stuff with brutal people. No violence tho, but pretty much anything else, like verbally shitting people (Otherwise, why do they keep asking "Are you shitting me?"), brutal honesty, thrash metal, eh.

I got into Doom just as I coined that phrase. Good grief I managed to put Doomguy's helmet on, I think the previous WWII helmet was cringy as fuck.

i don't precisely remember the details but i think i first used this username in 2007 and i'm fairly certain i was a chunnibyou patient at that time.

and yet i can't think of anything that sounds less dumb after a decade.

2020 edit: somehow i decided "SaladBadger" sounds better. I dunno.

Edited by SaladBadger

I use to play Roblox with an account named Idiotinfrontofadesk, but I quit Roblox because it seemed like the game would hit a new low at least once a day. Now i'm just using the character I made and the name Idiotinfrontofadesk as a sort of alias.

I had a hard time picking a username that wasn't already taken, so after pondering unnecessarily long about it, I opted for the name of a character from a really old local kid's show "Swiebertje" called "Agent Bromsnor", who is kind of the antagonist of the show. He's a cop who keeps foiling the main character's plans.

If you are willing and able to read Dutch, you can read more about it here: https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiebertje

1 hour ago, HorrorMovieGuy said:

I always liked horror and scary stuff in general. I came up with this name some 10 something years ago, when I was just getting into horror movies. Then the name just stuck with me I guess, because that's what I use everywhere now.

I have to say, your avatar is pretty great too. Courage was such a cool show.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I explicitly chose my current display name because it was the most ridiculous thing that came to mind at that particular moment.

My actual username is Fisk, and I chose that because I either forgot my password for darkhaven3/darkhaven4 or I was banned, I don't remember which. I happened to be reading Better Days at the time

In the 90s, I had a friend who drew super hero comics as a hobby. He added a character loosely based on me, whom he named Empyre. I liked the name and it stuck. I don't know how he came up with the name.

Edited by Empyre : spelling error or typo

It was randomly generated in game, I loved how this sounds and took it. But now I think I'm going to change it, but I'm not sure. Because I can do this only once :')

6 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

It was randomly generated in game, I loved how this sounds and took it.

Sounds like me as well, from 2009 to 2015 i used "Revilution" as nickname, but then i noticed that name was becoming generic at a point that there was like 5 youtube channels, 3 guys in other gaming forums as well the megawad.

Around 2009 i made a draw of a character which had psychic powers like Jean Grey but his personality was something like Brainiac, later in 2015 when i revamped my mod and managed to add more monsters, i decided to pick this name to use in one of them and also changed my nickname in pretty much everywere to this same name while sometimes making jokes roleplaying as him for the lulz, avatar also related.

5 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

per year, afaik

I forgot, sorry :')

2 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

It really is that simple...

But what did Sure Bowb mean/come from? And how was it pronounced?

As for Dragonfly, the name comes from a creature that seems to have followed me through life.

As a young child, I used to love drawing & painting with my grandfather, and he had three main things he loved to draw: Boats, Mountains & Dragonflies. Along with this, I was a huge fan of the Spyro the Dragon series on PSX, where the protagonist is always accompanied with a Dragonfly friend called Sparx.

Later on in life (and shortly after my grandfather passed away) I've commonly noticed Dragonflies in the most unlikely of locations, most commonly whenever I was troubled or down - I'm not a spiritual person but I picked up on this occurrence and find it to be too coincidental. Be it a coincidence, totally random or otherwise, I find a little comfort in this. Eventually it became my username online, I'm not too sure when, but I'd estimate it to be around 2008 - 2009. :)

Comes from somewhere in Star Control 2 (great game btw), not sure where exactly anymore. I don't have a good memory, and this was 4 years ago. I really like how it sounds.

Though, I'm so used to it that whenever I see a double Z somewhere, I automatically think that it's about me. Threads where mappers discuss puzzzzzzzzzzzzles break my feeble brain. Or when someone uses "BZZZZT" to imitate buzzzzzzzing.

ZzzzZzZzZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzZZZzzzZZZzZZZzzZzzZ

I also like reversing it, like zrakbz. Here in Serbia, reversing words like that is done frequently in informal speaking.

My name is taken from a sketch where Alexander Tetzlaff is some sort of auxiliary educator who gives a boy a new haircut after he was reprimanded by a very strict governess. He first seems ominous but turns out friendly in the end.

Edit: Oh the question was WHY I chose that name. Because I found it fitting for the grotesque, dark but humorous world of Quake III Arena. It is my original Quake III player name.

Edited by Tetzlaff

I picked mine around 2005 and have kept it for everything. It's kind of like the blues. It's meant to chase boredom away by making me vigilante of it.

I'm pretty boring. It's about 1997 and I'm on the Internet for the first time in my life and decide to use my arcade/highscore tag 'JXT' as my username (for 'Jay X Townsend', of course) -- except most places even then didn't allow three-character usernames. Hence the phonetic variation 'Jayextee'.

I was 'Jayextee' everywhere until recently, when some OTHER PERSON is taking the username on shit like Instagram and whatnot. Life ain't fair.

<<Shotgun>>, because I just love the Doom shotgun the most, out of any other weapon in the game (the single barreled combat shotgun I mean). The time I spent with it reinforces the opinion I have for it. It seriously never gets old and it is so useful as a weapon. Plus, you usually find enough ammo for it in most maps, so you can use it for a long while, without running out of shells.

And <<Demolition>>, because it is the result, when I get to use the shotgun on enemies.

I created my name after the first doom shovel-ware i had ever played. The D!zone. Also because it was the name i had on an older obscure doom fourm that doesn't exist now.

In polish my username is kind of slang for a corpse, kind of how in english you may call a dead body "a stiff". Though at the time I came up with this username ( long time ago ) I had in mind something like the word "skelly" ( derived from skeleton ) because I would call a skeleton a "trupiak". Either way something dead xD

My rabbit's name which passed away months ago. It was 10 years old in 2017. I was 10 years old when I chose this username. I don't change my username because I don't have any idea of what I want to replace the current one lol.

Old nickname, weird spelling so it would be easy to google, an R because it sounded dumb and I like that.

Jaws is one of my favorite movies ever. Around 2007 there were some fake internet rumors of another Jaws sequel or remake going around. On some random forum I saw a really pissed off guy going on a tangent about how each Jaws film was considerably worse than the one that came before it, & the only way Universal could keep up with the downward trend would be to make a film called Jaws In Space. I thought that was a hilarious idea at the time & decided that I would use that as the username for the next website that I signed up to, which turned out to be Doomworld nearly 6 years later.